• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Hmmm I hindsight not as difficult as it was made out to be, albeit it is still a very entertaining game. Right now I'm working on getting all the star coins in world 7. (I have all of them in the previous worlds. For those of you who want a trick to get lots of lives....

Go to the desert yoshi level and kind of clost to the middle is an small area with two blocks on either side. Eat a spiny and spit it out in between the blocks and then stand on one of the blocks and dodge the spinys lakitu throws. eventually you start getting mad amounts of lives.

The castle in world 1 where you spend your star coins show you multiple ways to get infinite 1-ups... that was one of the ways shown. *Didn't watch them til after I got all the star coins* The only vids I watched before then were a star coin vid in world 7 and the super skills vid for the very first stage, and the former was after I got all the star coins in the stage.

I just bought New Super Mario Bros Wii and was getting ready to play it when I saw that it needed to update my Wii in order to play. I started the update and left it to update for a few minuets and it made no progress at all. I restarted the update and it did the same thing. what should i do?

Wat.
NSMBWii is just a bad NSMB DS rom hack. Very few changes, bad level design, NO ONLINE DESPITE IT BEING BASED AROUND PLAYING WITH THREE OTHERS [/brooklyn rage], and barely using the good stuff (Yoshi) and abusing the average/below average stuff (walk through walls).

HERLS

LOLOLOL
NSMBWii is just a bad NSMB DS rom hack. Very few changes, bad level design, NO ONLINE DESPITE IT BEING BASED AROUND PLAYING WITH THREE OTHERS [/brooklyn rage], and barely using the good stuff (Yoshi) and abusing the average/below average stuff (walk through walls).

1. Very few changes? Graphically I can see what you're getting at, but otherwise it's a whole different kettle of fish, especially when in multiplayer, which is how it's supposed to be played.

2. Bad level design? To each their own, but that sounds like some raw trolling to me. NSMBWii has the best level design in a 2D Mario game this side of Mario 3. It's creative, and it's particulaly fun.

3. Because it would be crap online. The entire premise of the game is to sit down with your friends and family on the sofa and get your Mario on. Online is full of assholes, so assuming there would even be a chat option, you'd just be getting killed by guys who run ahead way too fast and spout abuse at you. Besides, even with voice chat and good friends, communication online would be far more strained than neccessary. Just get some friends aroun your house to play.

4. Yoshi's are good, I'll give you that, but if they overused them they would have gotten very boring very fast.

Wat.
1. Very few changes? Graphically I can see what you're getting at, but otherwise it's a whole different kettle of fish, especially when in multiplayer, which is how it's supposed to be played.

2. Bad level design? To each their own, but that sounds like some raw trolling to me. NSMBWii has the best level design in a 2D Mario game this side of Mario 3. It's creative, and it's particulaly fun.

3. Because it would be crap online. The entire premise of the game is to sit down with your friends and family on the sofa and get your Mario on. Online is full of assholes, so assuming there would even be a chat option, you'd just be getting killed by guys who run ahead way too fast and spout abuse at you. Besides, even with voice chat and good friends, communication online would be far more strained than neccessary. Just get some friends aroun your house to play.

4. Yoshi's are good, I'll give you that, but if they overused them they would have gotten very boring very fast.

1. It's the exact same stuff from NSMB DS, with few changes. Very few new enimies, and few new additions. Also, the multiplayer sucks, me and my friends played it and got bored VERY quickly.

2. This game's level design is terrible. It's not hard, it's very boring, and it re-uses the same few gimmicks way too much.

3. The multiplayer is bad. The fact that it doesn't have online is simply a testament to nintendo's online ignorance.

4. Yoshi was maretted hugely for the game, yet you use him not even seven times.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
1. It's the exact same stuff from NSMB DS, with few changes. Very few new enimies, and few new additions. Also, the multiplayer sucks, me and my friends played it and got bored VERY quickly.

2. This game's level design is terrible. It's not hard, it's very boring, and it re-uses the same few gimmicks way too much.

3. The multiplayer is bad. The fact that it doesn't have online is simply a testament to nintendo's online ignorance.

4. Yoshi was maretted hugely for the game, yet you use him not even seven times.
1. If new enemies get thrown in, people will complain how the designs suck, and if new enemies aren't thrown in, people will call em lazy. So you just covered rule number 1 of Fandumb pointless *****ing. And you shouldn't be playing a Mario game if you find it boring to play with a friend. No person should.
2. Watching playthroughs on Youtube makes me disagree. I haven't seen jumps, wall jumps and platform mastery like that since Mario 3. Like Herls said the design is top notch. And the way that some levels use a lot of moving bits and make everything just that more difficult is great. No excellent.
3. Online doesn't make gaming good for multiplayer and I love how your using one of the main points of hating Nintendo a reason to hate this. Online would never do this game justice, and if you haven't seen, Nintendo are pushing the Wii's limits with the game. Wanna ***** how the Wii's underpowered as well?
4. Eh, Yoshi's underuse I can agree with.

Wat.
1. If new enemies get thrown in, people will complain how the designs suck, and if new enemies aren't thrown in, people will call em lazy. So you just covered rule number 1 of Fandumb pointless *****ing. And you shouldn't be playing a Mario game if you find it boring to play with a friend. No person should.
2. Watching playthroughs on Youtube makes me disagree. I haven't seen jumps, wall jumps and platform mastery like that since Mario 3. Like Herls said the design is top notch. And the way that some levels use a lot of moving bits and make everything just that more difficult is great. No excellent.
3. Online doesn't make gaming good for multiplayer and I love how your using one of the main points of hating Nintendo a reason to hate this. Online would never do this game justice, and if you haven't seen, Nintendo are pushing the Wii's limits with the game. Wanna ***** how the Wii's underpowered as well?
4. Eh, Yoshi's underuse I can agree with.
1. I can somewhat agree on the fact that the designs could suck. I didn't find it boring to play this one with a friend. I found the multiplayer boring. My friends and I enjoy playing this game together, just in turns.
2. The only challenge in levels I found were annoying dumb ones. I like that it has the same "do a bunch of bad *** jumping moves" feel that NSMB DS and Sunshine have, but I feel the level design was just...bad.
3. In this day in age, to make a multiplayer based game and not include online multiplayer is just ignorant. "Pushing the wii's limits"? Please, the disk size is VERY small compared to most Wii games. In fact, when I backed it up, it was only .53 GB.

Dattebayo

Banned

1. Like mitchman_93, even if they do make new enemies, Nintendo's unpleasable fanbase will rip it to shreds.

2. But I like the level designs; they can be a little challenging and requires trial and error to get passed them.

3. They already explained why there's no online; doing so will crash the game as what it has already pushed the Wii's limits.

4. At least no one will abuse the betrayal methods on Yoshi.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
1. I can somewhat agree on the fact that the designs could suck. I didn't find it boring to play this one with a friend. I found the multiplayer boring. My friends and I enjoy playing this game together, just in turns.
2. The only challenge in levels I found were annoying dumb ones. I like that it has the same "do a bunch of bad *** jumping moves" feel that NSMB DS and Sunshine have, but I feel the level design was just...bad.
3. In this day in age, to make a multiplayer based game and not include online multiplayer is just ignorant. "Pushing the wii's limits"? Please, the disk size is VERY small compared to most Wii games. In fact, when I backed it up, it was only .53 GB.
1. Oh. Well that's fine, not everyone can rock multiplayer Mario. Well fr whoever played this game that is, I mean this is the only one. For now. Hopefully. Yeah.
2. Annoying dumb ones aren't Mario, but then again how many of us had to deal with SMB3 and World which had plenty of that. Hell I grew up with an N64 and then went on to play both those games on the GBA. If I played this I might find it slightly easier.
3. Oh wow you can rip games, YOUR SO COOL. Now then if you didn't understand my post, the Wii is pushed cause of the Multiplayer. You know how hard it is to get the whole level to be one big playing field that zooms in and out? Now get that with online and your good to go, you got your online lag your begging for! Happy?

Wat.
1. Oh. Well that's fine, not everyone can rock multiplayer Mario. Well fr whoever played this game that is, I mean this is the only one. For now. Hopefully. Yeah.
2. Annoying dumb ones aren't Mario, but then again how many of us had to deal with SMB3 and World which had plenty of that. Hell I grew up with an N64 and then went on to play both those games on the GBA. If I played this I might find it slightly easier.
3. Oh wow you can rip games, YOUR SO COOL. Now then if you didn't understand my post, the Wii is pushed cause of the Multiplayer. You know how hard it is to get the whole level to be one big playing field that zooms in and out? Now get that with online and your good to go, you got your online lag your begging for! Happy?
2. I played World and SMB3 through a few times before playing NSMBWii, and I found some annoying levels, but for challenging reasons. NSMBWii's few challenging levels were just annoying.
3. The Wii can't handle online, perhaps, but that's another problem with the wii. Also, if they can fix the bad lag with SSBB in Japan, they definately can make Multiplayer Mario.

CyberneticGlion

Pokemaniac10 revived
Just wanted to interrupt you two by saying that I finally got the game.
Considering it sold out everywhere around my area for the last three days, I'm glad to have gotten it today.

Haven't played it yet, but I might sometime later this week; I have other things to deal with right now.

MetaPheonixPal

I got NSMBW today for Christmas =D
I started playing around 7AM I think and I defeated Bowser at 9:30 PM. I took quite a few breaks in between to do other things of course. It is an awesome game =D
Now to get those dang star coin thingamajigers that I missed. I was so focused in just getting through the game that I just basically ignored every star coin I saw.

R_N

Just got the game today, and I really enjoy it.

I can see why Yoshi is undersused. If it was everywhere it'd break the game.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Got it.

My family is terrible at Super Mario Bros, but I'm finding that it's quite a bit of fun; sort of a revamp of New Super Mario Bros with new levels and items.

Wat.

Dattebayo

Banned
Or maybe they actually think it's boring?
Jesus.

Then why bother playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii if you don't like the multiplayer?