• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I got it for Christmas. It's really fun, but multiplayer can be really annoying sometimes.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I too got the NSMBW for Christmas. So far I'm in World 6 in the foretress. Its been a lot of fun so far even though I been struggling in a few levels so far. I'm loving everything. I haven't played the multiplayer because I only own one Wii Remote, but I plan to get an extra one soon. Although I wish Yoshi was there alittle more often, but its all good. My favorite item is the Propeller Mushroom. I just love game all around.

Penguinist Trainer

I got the new super mario bros for the wii 2 days ago. it is an extremely fun game. i haven't played multiplayer yet, so I can't comment on that. i think the penguin suit is my favorite power up so far. on that topic, since we have the penguin suit, what is the point of the ice flower? both of the freeze opponents, but the penguin suit gives you the ability to also slide across water. i just don't see what the point of having 2 powerups with the same ability.
i do like the addition of buying videos from peach's castle. now i actually have an additional reason to try and get all the big coins from the levels. besides some of the helpful tips, i love watching the super skills videos. i haven't gotten many of the videos yet, but my favorite is the trio of yoshi riders playing catch with luigi through the whole level.
i also love the return of the koopa kids, i enjoyed them and am glad to see them again.
another new feature i enjoy is the super luigi guide. i guess if you die enough times in a level, luigi will show you how to beat the level, so it helps alleviate some of the frustration and gives you a sneak peek at what awaits you.

all in all, this is a great game and i would definitely recommend it to anyone.

SMB3 had the racoon leaf and Tanooki suit in the same game... they do the same thing with the Tanooki suit having more to it.

Also, played through this game and beat it a second time... I wish I had more people to play with.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
I feared playing it with my brothers would make it too easy, but after making it to world 3, I saw I was wrong. They make the game hard and more challenging than it would normally be. When playing with them, we lose lives very quickly, but by myself, I got up to 60 lives on 1-4 (or whichever is when yoshi first appears).

It's a fun game, and when playing with my brothers, finding the coins gets even harder. Though they are good death fodder for throwing off the edges.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I got NSMBW for Christmas, and I've just started World 5 (yes, I'm slow). I have to say that this game is awesome. It has just the right amount of difficulty, although it does get a little too challenging on multiplayer (my cousin kept killing me).

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
derp hurrrr

But really, I haven't played a Mario game, or a WII game in quite a while, so I'm not sure I want to invest my money in this..
The risk is worth it I believe. If its not, you can tie me to your torture machine of WW. :D

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Anyway, I MAY pick it up when it's cheaper. I have Rock Band DLC to buy goddamn.

Good luck with that, even Zelda TP is still 50 bucks and thats one of the oldest Nintendo titles on the market for the Wii. Kind of irritating that Nintendo has dropped the "Players Choice" label entirely for the Wii...

Slick

Banned
Good luck with that, even Zelda TP is still 50 bucks and thats one of the oldest Nintendo titles on the market for the Wii. Kind of irritating that Nintendo has dropped the "Players Choice" label entirely for the Wii...

Wait, are you in Aus? We get it at $50 now which is better than $90-$110..

I know places that are pretty good on price. I got DJ Hero $50 cheaper there than RRP four days after release.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Wait, are you in Aus? We get it at $50 now which is better than $90-$110..
I went to JBHF a few days ago and it was 78 Doller AUD. You could get it for free if you trade in three old Wii games.

Anyway. I have been playing it for a few days now and I'm just starting at World 6 (Cannon'd. I ). And loving it, some of the levels reach NINTENDO HARD parts right near the begining'of the game (The windy level in Sinking Sand Land aka World 2.) I love riding on Yoshi and wish he could appear outside of the level like in SMW but meh. I'm loving the penguin suit and the Propeller suite. So god damn fun. My favorite Castle so far is Level 4's, especially the boss fight with Wendy O Koopa.

Pikachu78

Spider-Dan
I played it and it annoyed the hell out of me. It's ok but I'm not a big Mario fan so I'm not fully enjoying it.

Surfing_Pikachu

Just got this game and it is just as hard as I expected. Challenging, but still not to the level of the 2D games, although it almost is. But I must say, I love it to death! Ever since I played through World I've been itching for a good platforming game, and I found it. Not only did they make an excellent single player game with plenty of features, they made an awesome multiplayer that's just a blast to play. However, one thing that bothers me is the level design. Usually it tends to go like this:

World ?-1: Wiggler spam
World ?-2: Flying Koopa spam
World ?-3: Rotating Platform spam

All this is just exaggerated, of course. But still, I think it's an amazing game that's much worth the purchase.