• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros Wii

MKFC

Shade of Blue
World ?-1: Wiggler spam
???

Wigglers only appear in world 5. I think.

Anyway, I have most of the star coins, but I just can't find the second one in world 4's fortress. I've completed Worlds 1, 2, 5 and 7 in star coins.

woot21

super noob
Got it for Christmas, and love it. World 7-6 is a fun little surprise, and very enjoyable. I hate the castle in world 7 though. So many memories of Valley fortress.

woot21 out dawgs

GameBoy911

Exploring the Sky
I got it for christmas and play it almost every day, it was the last one at walmart, it's awsome to play with lots of people, but still just as great by my self.

Surfing_Pikachu

Wigglers only appear in world 5. I think.

Anyway, I have most of the star coins, but I just can't find the second one in world 4's fortress. I've completed Worlds 1, 2, 5 and 7 in star coins.
Wigglers are the yellow caterpillars, correct? I remember one of the early levels was just a giant cave infested with giant wigglers. I think it might have been in world 2?

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Wigglers are the yellow caterpillars, correct? I remember one of the early levels was just a giant cave infested with giant wigglers. I think it might have been in world 2?

That's World 5-2 you're talking about there. The cave in World 2 is infested with Pokeys, I think. Pokeys are the yellow cactus-like things. It's easy to get them confused.

EDIT: Rankup!

woot21

super noob
I hate world 9-7. I just hate that level. That level brings the Nintendo Hard.

woot21 out dawgs

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I had a funny little thing happen tome the other day. I was playing level 7-Fortress (Not the end castle) and I was having a really hard time finishing it to (The Bullet Bill part was easy. The f**king Bob-ombs on the other hand...) and I fell of the platform and accidentally found the Secret Goal of the Fortress which lead up to 7-6 and a plant that lets you skip the entire castle of world 7 bar a Heavy Bro and Ludwig.

Oh and 7-6 = Good for the one ups.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Got the game about 5 hours ago. I'm in World 3-2 right now.

Graphics are awesome. Koopalings are awesome. Penguin Mario is awesome. Losing lives over and over is not awesome.

I'm very pleased with the references to Super Mario Bros. 3 too. Remix of the Hammer Bro theme? Remix of the Koopaling theme? Airships? Item trays? Fire Snakes, both the desert variety and the flying variety that explodes when all the flames are gone? Spike? Boomerang/Fire Bros?

Thank you for being awesome, Nintendo.

Last edited:

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I decided to erase my current data and replay throughout the whole adventure again. I want to fully enjoy the game and really take my time with the game and aim not to see a single Super Guide block, like I have before. Just got through World 1.

I hate world 9-7. I just hate that level. That level brings the Nintendo Hard.
Aren't you glad its actually challenging?

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
I got this game for Christmas. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be... I've mostly been playing by myself and I find it hard. It's even more frustrating when I'm playing with my brother.... The only thing this game has really caused me is frustration.

Dattebayo

Banned
I got this game for Christmas. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be... I've mostly been playing by myself and I find it hard. It's even more frustrating when I'm playing with my brother.... The only thing this game has really caused me is frustration.

That's one of the main points of the game; it's suppose to bring back the hard difficulty of SMB3 and SMW which requires trial and error.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Nice, Nintendo hard is what I wanted from this game. Looks like the newer generation though is too soft to be playing this though....:p

Surfing_Pikachu

EDIT: Rankup!
Yes, that's the one I was talking about actually. I was only 3 worlds off :p

That's one of the main points of the game; it's suppose to bring back the hard difficulty of SMB3 and SMW which requires trial and error.
Ah, yes. The magic of old platforming games. No matter how much initial skill you have, in the end, you're knowledge of the level is all that matters. And it still amazes me that games like Mega Man 9 that haunted me for weeks, I can now speedrun through them in a matter of minutes with no trouble at all. IMO, that's something missing from today's games.

Nice, Nintendo hard is what I wanted from this game. Looks like the newer generation though is too soft to be playing this though....:p
That's what they have the super guide for :D

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So a New Years miracle happened. My Wii lives again! Now then I cannot wait to play this. Any levels I should look out for when I do?

woot21

super noob
Aren't you glad its actually challenging?
I am, but there are certain things that are ridiculous. Let's see, you have fire piranha plants, ice blocks, those god damn plants you cant touch inside the ice blocks (which melt on contact from fire), and pipes that require running jumps that are next to impossible due to 5 fireballs in the air or a piranha plant that spits out 3 fireballs and melts the space you need to be able to make said running jump. Now if you excuse me, I'm about to go try that level again.

woot21 out dawgs

Is it bad I died three times at the beginning of 9-7 due to crap timing dodging Venus Fire Traps and Venus Fire Trap fireballs then beat the rest of the stage including star coins first try?

#Gecko#

The Essential One
^^^ No, apparently that level is ridiculously hard.
That sounds tough, woot21. I chose a bad time to restart my game. Oh well, I'll get there. I currently got through World 2 and about to start World 3. Just as fun as my first run through!

Surfing_Pikachu

Actually, now that I've finally gotten to world 8 and am almost done, I honestly thought this game was quite easy. Not even the later levels were very difficult to me. I didn't even have the Super Guide appear yet, so I'm hoping I can keep that going and get sparkling stars on my file. Sure I got held up once in a while, but usually that would only be due to technical errors on a long level. And I SUCK at 2D Mario games.

woot21

super noob
Probably the hardest game I've ever played in my life.

I'm on 4-4 currently.

Can't tell if you are being serious right now. I've decided forget 9-7 for now, I'm going to get the rest of the star coins, then complain about how hard a certain one is to get in the world, I believe, two castle.

woot21 out dawgs