• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros Wii

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
I kinda hope the creators keep the NSMB thing going, with New Super Mario Bros 2, 3, and World.

I remembered a while back that someone on here suggested the creators make a Super Mario Bros 3 remake to celebrate its 20th anniversary next year. I think in a way, we already have it. I mean the game already has the koopalings, the airship, the hammer, fire, boomerang brothers (with Ice Bros being New), the fire snake enemies, power-up suits, the ability to use items on the world-map screen.

So actually, I guess NSMB Wii IS a SMB3 remake to coincide with the game's 20 year anniversary.

Yeah, everyone is saying that NSMBW is really like they picked out the best parts of the past 2-D Mario games and threw them into one big game.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
i just got through playin the ghost house level in World 4 without Mario wearing his hat. Is that some type of glitch or something?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm also in world 4. It's getting more and more difficult. Which isn't really a bad thing.

Blazios

Got it in the post today, though it's not supposed to be released until tomorrow here. Got past the first castle, but haven't played any further as I have work I need to do.

I'm hopefully getting the game soon, within the week, it depends when my money arrives from my aunt.

otj--orangejuice

ive got up to world 7 but its quite difficult now

I like Pikachu

Hey guys, i got news: NSMB Wii has been released:D! I'm adding it to my Christmas wishlist.

Dattebayo

Banned
I got the game from the day it first came out and beat it today. I must say that I really enjoyed this game. It's nice to see the Koopalings back in action since Superstar Saga. The game wasn't as difficult as many sites such as MTV claimed it to be as I have very little items in my stock, have around 10 lives when reaching the 8th World, and I haven't gotten a game over yet. My favorite item is the Propeller Suit as it's really helpful for me to beat Bowser. There was a moment in World 6 where I have to sacrifice Yoshi to get into higher platforms. Ludwig sounds like a rocker in this game; I prefer his other accent from the cartoons.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
After a week of fitting in play sessions between essay sessions, I've made it to World 8. A few assorted thoughts from a veteran fan of the franchise:
- That first Goomba in 1-1 is still deadly as ever. Fortunately, I picked up the mushroom before I turned around to kill him, and instead smacked into him.
- Fortress and castle design is excellent in this game. Each one has its own unique features, and I especially loved World 4 and 7's castles.
- It's great to finally see many of these enemies in 3-D, such as Fishbone, Fuzzy, Spike, Little Mouser, and of course, the Koopalings.
- To me, World 5 seemed more difficult than Worlds 6 and 7 (though I have yet to unlock this supposedly challenging secret 7-6 stage).
- Airships. What more needs to be said?
I'm having a little difficulty playing this game for long spurts, however, which often causes me to play one or two levels at a time, then plow through Fortress 1 so I can save. More incentive to defeat the final boss, I guess, so I can get that sweet save-anytime feature. I'll be collecting Star Coins in my sleep for the next month.

Seeing as how I fully beat this game last night, Star Coins and everything, and remembered this thread now, I felt like putting in my input... maybe it's just me, but the game's not as hard as everything made it out to be. I never died to the point where Super Guide was an option (The closest was seven deaths getting the last Star Coin in Wendy's tower before realizing how dreadfully easy it is to get, even though I got it the hard way,) but this game's still fun... the hint movies were cool too, especially the ones with multiple people.

I remembered a while back that someone on here suggested the creators make a Super Mario Bros 3 remake to celebrate its 20th anniversary next year. I think in a way, we already have it. I mean the game already has the koopalings, the airship, the hammer, fire, boomerang brothers (with Ice Bros being New), the fire snake enemies, power-up suits, the ability to use items on the world-map screen.

So actually, I guess NSMB Wii IS a SMB3 remake to coincide with the game's 20 year anniversary.

SMB3 remake should have the World-e levels from the SMA4 remake.

- To me, World 5 seemed more difficult than Worlds 6 and 7 (though I have yet to unlock this supposedly challenging secret 7-6 stage).

SMB3 Parabeetles with musical shells that give you a 1-up for every eight you step on... and they added big fat Parabeetles... and Yoshi's in the stage, but the only use I had for him in the stage (He can't eat Parabeetles) is jumping off his back for a Star Coin.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I just got finished playing the game. It was a great game and I liked it a lot. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that all of the power-ups had their uses. No one power-up truly stood out over all the others, like the Fire Flower did in New Super Mario Bros. for the DS. The Ice Flower, and Penguin Suit for that matter, was powerful against Dry Bones, could freeze other enemies, and was death to fire-based enemies but was ineffective against the bosses. The Fire Flower could hurt the bosses, but save for Bowser, it wasn't really all that useful against the bosses because of their differing attack patterns, but was very useful in the underwater stages. The Penguin Suit was also helpful on the ice stages since it allowed for better traction. The Propeller Suit was very useful in sky stages, but there were definitely stages where you wanted to have a Fire or Ice Flower because of the various piranha plants or dangerous Hammer Bros. My favorite thing about this game, though, was the fact that the Koopalings made their 3-d debut.

Last edited:

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
I don't have a Wii, so I go to the video game shop to play it...

It's really fun, love the remade music.

Rakurai

I bought it earlier this week, and completed it 100% over the course of three days.

The SMB 3 and SMW enemies, along with all of the various other elements taken from those two games made for a wonderful nostalgia trip. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I was expecting it to be, though. Once I maxed out my lives, they never fell out of the 90s, and I never saw the Super Guide block (Which will cause the stars you get on your save file to sparkle).

I look forward to trying it with four players sometime, since I can just imagine the hilarity that could ensue in some of the levels.