• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
has anybody else noticed, that the game case (for a specific reason) is coloured red?
Remember the Shiny Zigzagoon event in the US where the zigzagoons had a patch to cure the berry glitch? Well, when youy first put the cd in your wii, it asks you to have an upgrade. I believe this upgrade not only ads a new feature to your wii but also fixes several bugs.

Almost all Nintendo games do this, it's how they counter piracy on wii's that don't connect to the internet. It has no relation to the box colour.

woot21

super noob
Quick question. How specifically are new hint movies unlocked?

woot21 out dawgs

All the hint movies were unlocked when I got all the star coins and actually bothered to go to Peach's castle... I thought they unlocked as you progressed.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I think the level-specific hints and unlocked when you get all the star coins for that level.

R_N

There's a guide on GameFAQs about this, but it's affected by the amount of star coins you have, certain levels you've beaten, and I believe the last page needs World 9 beaten.

By the way, NSMBW has a colored case because NSMBDS had a Yellow case in nonNA countries. I'm not sure why they went with red (I believe famicom discs were yellow), or why they decided to keep the red cover everywhere, but there you go.

Wat.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This isn't so easy, I think it's pretty hard game. and most of the levels are better.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I'm kinda ******. I have 4 Shining stars on my 2nd file and I am STILL missing 2 hint videos.

Also, I happend to Finish 9-7 in three goes.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Well,I think it was better than the Ds version realeased back around 2005.I`m know excited for Galaxy 2.

woot21

super noob
I'm kinda ******. I have 4 Shining stars on my 2nd file and I am STILL missing 2 hint videos.

Also, I happend to Finish 9-7 in three goes.
Make sure you use all of the cannons.

woot21 out dawgs

Alzi

Toon link
9-7 is a really easy stage ~Spacial_Rendation~. It's my favourite stage to speed run through and try to get a fast time on it. The only difficult thing in that stage is getting all 3 star coins in a row.

I also was wondering where all 5 shiny stars where on my profile then i realised that you actually have to use all the cannons aswell. :p

It's just disapointing that nothing happens when you complete the game 100% lol.

Cobalt_Latios

9-7 is a really easy stage ~Spacial_Rendation~. It's my favourite stage to speed run through and try to get a fast time on it. The only difficult thing in that stage is getting all 3 star coins in a row.

I also was wondering where all 5 shiny stars where on my profile then i realised that you actually have to use all the cannons aswell. :p

It's just disapointing that nothing happens when you complete the game 100% lol.
Maybe nothing happens, but you get bragging rights :p. It doesn't appear getting 100% is as big a deal as it once used to be (for some game series, mind you. Others do tend to add a little extra something to congratulate you for your efforts).

I'll have to rent this game sometime... I've played it before, but I want to try it myself.

C_L

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Maybe nothing happens, but you get bragging rights
Especially if you got the 5 shining stars.

Wait, We have to use all the cannons? Really? THATS the last conquest? Arson Murder and Jaywalking right there.

I finally got those two hint videos. It's a 4-2 speed run and a 9-7 speed run.

R_N

Especially if you got the 5 shining stars.

Wait, We have to use all the cannons? Really? THATS the last conquest? Arson Murder and Jaywalking right there.

I finally got those two hint videos. It's a 4-2 speed run and a 9-7 speed run.

The final conquest is completing all levels, getting all secret exits
Cannons count as levels.
ergo

edit: For clarification
Star 1-Beat the game
Star 2-Beat the normal levels in Worlds 1-8
Star 3-Get all the star coins in Worlds 1-8
Star 4-Get all the star coins in World 9
Star 5-All levels beaten & all secret exits found

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
really I wish somthing would've happened after you got 100%, like in the SMW remake for GBA that was a fun reward for beating the game.