• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New team, anyone want to give feedback?

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Hi, guys. This is my most recent team, as I´ve just got back into competitive battling, and I´d like some feedback.

381.png

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Latios´s purpose on the team is as an offensive powerhouse, dealing as much damage as quickly as possible. It´s a pretty standard set, with BoltBeam for coverage, and Draco Meteor as STAB, and Psyshock to deal with Blissey and other Special walls.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Standard revenge killing Scizor set. Pretty sure you´ve all seen one, but just in case you haven´t: Bug Bite for nice amounts of damage, Swords Dance for increased Attack, Bullet Punch for STAB Priority and Superpower for coverage and immense power.

073.png

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Tentacruel is here to set up hazards, spin them away, and sponge up special attacks. Scald is here for the burn possibility, Ice Beam for nice damage, and Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin have a clear purpose.

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake

Dragonite is on the team as a Physical sweeper, as I have been lacking one. EQ is here so I can hit every type neutrally (when coupled with Extremespeed). Extremespeed is for +2 priority, and Roost is to keep Multiscale active. Dragon Dance is here for the boost to attack and speed.

485.png

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Heatran is on the team as an offensive Special wall. He can easily cause loads of damage with Lava Plume, with SR for residual damage and Toxic coupled with Protect could cause a lot of damage in the long run.

065.png

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Charge Beam

Alakazam´s purpose is, again, another special powerhouse. With amazing speed, amazing Special Attack, and a nice movepool, this thing can hit most, if not all, Pokemon neutrally.

Last edited:

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
One reason I never use Shuckle is because of his terrible HP. His Defense is phenomenal, but without the HP to back it up, he´s useless.

Zaiker42

Intermediate Trainer
Latios is better offensively than Latias. And you should run Psyshock over Psychic because of Blissey.

On Scizor, I'd either run a Choice Band or put Swords Dance over Pursuit and Bug Bite over U-Turn.

On Shaymin, I'd replace Psychic with Earth Power.

Those are just my suggestions, though. I have a few other things I'd like to add, but that would just be getting into personal opinion, and I doubt you'd want to copy some of the other sets I use.

Usatoday

Eternal God
k first 4 life orb pokes is excessive and another thing put rest over leech seed on shaymin

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
swap latias for latios because he has a better offensive or use a CM set for Latias. On heatran take away HP ice for protect so you can get more damage off toxic and a burn and to be able to scout moves or roar so the stealth rocks damage more pokemon. the ev's for a set like that should be 252HP / 252SpD with a calm nature. For shaymin change psychic for substitute since it works better with leechseed. Since you already have latias as your special powerhouse you could change it for a physical sweeper like a dragonite or maybe a gyarados.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Thanks, everyone. I'll edit the OP.

Floatzel: I was using a Latios anyway, In just got the wrong image.

Usatoday: 4 Life Orb Pokes? Latios, Scizor, and Dragonite. Where's number 4?

Zaiker: Shaymin was replaced with Dragonite.

Last edited:

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
Choice up Scizzor. Band.

Make Shaymin a skymin, and take off leech seed for sludge bomb or earthpower.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
What is the reason for Banding Scizor? Also, I thought Sky Forme Shaymin was Uber, so I left him. Besides, Shaymin has been replaced with Dragonite so I have a physical sweeper.

pavak

Oh well change the Moveset of your Latios if you wanna make it more Offensive-

~ Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
~ Surf
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Recover / Psyshock

MaxTheAzn

I'm Asian soo.....
Hey

You might want to pick a poke with and attack power (besides the awesome tentacruel) unless you want the hyper offensive team

Zaiker42

Intermediate Trainer
I like most of the alterations you made, and the team looks fairly solid.

Well, except for one.

Dragonite.

Um, Life Orb Multiscale? And you're not even running a STAB move? Personally, I think you should go for a bulky Dragon Dance set with 252 HP/252 Atk with Leftovers. Run DD, Outrage, EQ, and E-Speed.

Well, that's what I'd do. Feel free to do whatever.