• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Team, Could use some Help.

zerozoner

This is my latest team I created around the ideas of having good type coverage, while being able to fight off the ever increasing weather teams. I have had quite a nice winning streak since I made this team, with the few losses belonging to Haxy games.

135.png

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

One of the original speed freaks that despite a shallow move pool has some decent coverage.

130.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

A bulky DD set that I've had success and disappointment with, depending on who I was fighting I found some major loop holes in my offensive coverage.

260.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

One of my favorite Pokemon of all time and an excellent wall of everything physical except for Grass. I'm not into the whole set or status infliction thing with this team so I went with a set for maximum coverage. Swampert makes a good attempt at sweeping late game when all his foes are partly injured.

381.png

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Psyshock

special attack king of my team, now as for why I have Psychic and Psyshock... I don't like being walled by Blissy, but I don't what to lose the psychic special attack so I have both and it really hasn't been a problem.

448.png

Lucario (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Steadfast
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave

NP Priority sweeper.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

another one of my all time favorites, Choice Scarf and the EV spread allow Scizor to scout with relative ease.

that's the basics of my team any advice you have for me is very much welcomed.​

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
Draco Meteor drops SA each time it's used...what about Dragon Pulse (power) or Dragon Breath (chance of status)?

Something about Gyara isn't sitting well with me, but I can't quite put my finger on it....

Ice Beam on Swampert...SA move on AT mon? If you have access to 4th Gen try Avalanche, if not try Ice Ball. ANd again with Surf..try Aqua Tail (4th gen) or Waterfall. You could also put an Expert belt on him since he's got nice coverage (or on Jolteon).

tomy2222

Let's see who shines
@Pokemon, i think gyarados could choose to be more offensive (4,252,252)(actually a bulky one will be ok, i just have never used it lol, maybe i will try one now :p) and ya i agree for making swampert a physical attacker and plz give him sr,roar,waterfall,earthquake(u need some hazards and set-up breakers), but id agree putting expert belt on 2 of them, be cuz lo and leftovers cover them more :/, and for that scizor, yd change bug bite into pursuit, it is more effective be cuz bug bite repeats u-turn's role(although some differences lol). for lucario, its set is nice, but id prefer modest, timid is better since it easily gets ohko'ed by any se attacks :( (I know u want to give prioity some power but speed is more when u are a set-up attacker) and last but not least, plz make swampert the lead, be cuz it is better to be a lead XD, and id see u have some walls or spinners. and give ice fang to gyarados be cuz u need some ice moves, ya that's all, hope i am not too rude and can help u at least a bit :)

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Why the double psychic move on latios? Seems redundant...replace either with hp fire so you can hit the rare empoleon or rather common ferrothorn. (Personally...i like that psyshock affects def over sp def...but that's just me.)