• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Team, Please Help

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Ive Not Tried this team yet, so i dont know how it works, but im hoping its better than my current team.

Porygon -z (Timid)
Choice Scarf
E.V.s 252speed/252spp. attack/6Hp
Tri Attack
Discharge
Ice Beam
Signal Beam

This is basicly just a fast powerfull way to start a battle. thought it may not be the fastest, base stat of 90 i speed makes it quicker than most un=scarfed pokemon. and according to smogon "outrunning even Jolly Gyarados and Tyranitar after they have Dragon Danced". Attack wise is basicly use tri Attack, unless its a ghost (obv.). and also Discharge is usefull for double battles, as it activates E-vires motor drive (Porygon and E-vire are always my first to if i do a double battle.) and because of download ability usualy gets a Spp.Att Boost but i cant guarentee this as it works of the defence stats if i remember rightly.

Electivire (Adament)
Expert Belt
E.V.s 252att/252speed/6hp
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Cros Chop
Earthquake

standard Electivire realy, quite powerfull with a lot of super effective coverage. This is pretty much it, Might not be the fastest, but its by no means the slowest, and high attack with expert belt means a lot of damage as more often than not there will be at least 1 super effective move i can use.

Salemence (Timid)
Focus Sash
E.V.s 252spp.att./252speed/6hp
Crunch
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Hydro pump.

the reason i have crunch is because its attack is so high it can still do decent damage with it if needed, and It hits ghost/psychic and gets a neutral hit on most types. I also have a 31iv in speed so its at full speed, so it outruns a lot of things. Focus sash is obvious, just to last an extra turn. Im aware that sandstorm and hail are common and render it useless, but not everyone uses these moves so im willing to rish it.

Snorlax (Carefull)
Lum Berry
E.V.s 168hp/120def/220spdef
Curse
Body Slam
Rest
Earthquake

I know this is the standard curselax, but i like it. Just keep using curse till the opponent harly does any damage, rest, intantly woken up hit with body slam/earthquake wich will be realy powerfull as curse raises attack.

Tangrowth (Impish)
Leftovers
E.V.s 252hp/228def/28att.
Sleep Powder
Power Whip
Knock Off
Leech Seed

Again Taken from smogon, but i find it works realy well. Start by putitng them to sleep, then seedin them so you gain back twice as much each turn with leftovers aswell, Knock off gets rid of items, and can sometimes give an insight into their strategy, then power whip till they wak up, at wich point you send them back to sleep.

Tenticruel (Calm)
Leftovers
E.V.s 252hp/120def/136spd
Surf
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb
Rapid Spin

I wasnt sure about a 6th so i searched smogon for pokemon that could learn rapid spin, and i thaught it would be interesting to use a tenticruel as ive neve rused one before. this is copied from smogon, but thats because ive never used one before: "Thanks to Tentacruel's unique typing and high Special Defense stat, it can shrug off most Special Ice and Water attacks, so it should have enough opportunities to get in and and support the team. Surf is a good STAB attack and can be paired with either Ice Beam or Sludge Bomb for coverage. Ice Beam covers Dragon- and Flying-types mostly, while Sludge Bomb hits most Grass-types for higher damage and helps to wear down opposing Water-types. It also has a useful 30% chance of poisoning opponents which is especially useful for those Flying-types (like Gyarados) who not only take at worst neutral damage from all of Tentacruel's attacks but are also immune to Toxic Spikes. Rapid Spin rids your side of the field from entry hazards and is an incredibly handy move to have around. Knock Off can be used over any of the moves in the last two slots, although the third slot is the recommended choice. The ability to strips your opponent of its held item will often make them less effective.

Toxic Spikes is an excellent move that will quickly wear down an opponents team should they lack a way of removing them. Giga Drain can 2HKO an incoming Water/Ground-type, particularly Swampert, and even though it does less damage than Sludge Bomb against most other Water-types it provides Tentacruel with a way to replenish HP outside of Leftovers recovery."

Edit:Sory about the poor initial post, I hope this is better

Last edited:

Awesome A

The Gameshark
First off, Porygon-Z isn't fast and isn't a good lead, because infernape leads will kill it. Electivire is a largely outclassed pokemon, even with a motor drive boost. Salamence should not have crunch and a down attack nature. It really just shouldn't have crunch. Snorlax is ok, but should have leftovers. Item clause is not in effect ever really so don't even worry about it. Also, Salamnce special sets are not so great anymore. Find a mixed set or something. This team has no good sweepers or walls, the lead is bad, and Curselax can't carry a battle by itself. Your descriptions are short and useless, and you have crippled many of these pokemon with bad items and moves.

Never post a team you haven't played with either. And you say you like Curselax and tangrowth, but haven't played with them? or maybe they were on that previous team you complained about? If it was bad then, why use one third of it again now?

You seem to like to use obscure pokemon, but originality isn't worth sucking.

This is just not very good. At all.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
First off, Porygon-Z isn't fast and isn't a good lead, because infernape leads will kill it. Electivire is a largely outclassed pokemon, even with a motor drive boost. Salamence should not have crunch and a down attack nature. It really just shouldn't have crunch. Snorlax is ok, but should have leftovers. Item clause is not in effect ever really so don't even worry about it. Also, Salamnce special sets are not so great anymore. Find a mixed set or something. This team has no good sweepers or walls, the lead is bad, and Curselax can't carry a battle by itself. Your descriptions are short and useless, and you have crippled many of these pokemon with bad items and moves.

Never post a team you haven't played with either. And you say you like Curselax and tangrowth, but haven't played with them? or maybe they were on that previous team you complained about? If it was bad then, why use one third of it again now?

You seem to like to use obscure pokemon, but originality isn't worth sucking.

This is just not very good. At all.

Thanks for responding.

firstly, i dont think its fair to write of porygon-z because an infernape can kill it. Lots of things can kill infernape, but you wouldnt say dont use that.

My Electivere and salemence work fine for me as they are. there part of my team at the moment, so im not going to change them. And crunch comes in very usefull for a lot of things, neutral damage on most types and super effective on ghost and psychic, and even though its got no attack e.v.s its still got a pretty high attack stat.

As for liking Curselax and tangrowth, i used them on shoddy a few times and they seemed effective so i'm going to incorporate them into my team.

And as for obscure pokemon, Its cause im fed up of all the 'clone' teams that are about, all with Infernape, Bronzong, Gengar etc. I just trying things just a little difforently. Experementing a bit.

but as i say thanks for your response

Reno

so adorable...
Lack of good descriptions, no clear strategy or synergy, lack of nessecary resists...

Why shouldn't I lock this?

PS: Actual question. Please give me a reason not to lock it.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Lack of good descriptions, no clear strategy or synergy, lack of nessecary resists...

Why shouldn't I lock this?

PS: Actual question. Please give me a reason not to lock it.

Well Ive Expanded on the descriptions in my last post, but if you want i will improve the first post. thers no clear stratergy because as I said ive neve rused this team. and im not sure what you mean by 'nessecary resists'?

Reno

so adorable...
No Rock resist and no Dragon resist for starters. No Dark resist is not useful either. It basically means nothing can swap into the top OU threats, meaning that you have not considered threats at all.

I can make a team with a strategy without using it. Besides, you are supposed to have tested the teams you post.

Those are still not descriptions.

Bronzong @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Trick
- Explosion

Not normally expected to pack a punch, Choice Band Bronzong can be quite effective. Gyro Ball is the main attack, gaining STAB and working with Bronzong's hideous Speed. Earthquake hurts the types that would swap into Gyro Ball, namely Fire and Steel. Explosion basically removes a threat due to its obscenely high base power. Trick is used to cripple a switch in like Skarmory, who would otherwise laugh at your attacks. Maxing Attack and HP is the best way to go with Choice Band Bronzong, as it gets the most out of its good defences and adds to its Attack. The Speed IV has been lowered to 0 and a Brave nature is used to make sure Gyro Ball is as strong as possible.

That is a description.

Porygon -z (Timid)
Choice Scarf
E.V.s 252speed/252spp. attack/6Hp
Tri Attack
Discharge
Ice Beam
Signal Beam

This is basicly just a fast powerfull way to start a battle.

Is not a description.

Reno

so adorable...
If you haven't tested it, how would you know how well it plays? It makes it harder to improve upon if you haven't tested it.

The descriptions are better, but the problem is still the team. If you can convince me it isn't just 6 random Pokemon you like thrown together, I will not lock the thread.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Ive tested the individual pokemon, just not together. I did put thaught into it. I couldnt tell you what thaught s i cant remember, but i know tentecruel came about searching for a spinner.

i dont realy know what i can do to convince you?

Reno

so adorable...
That is exactly my point. Testing individual Pokemon is not the same as testing a team.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Dude you completely wrote off all the advice I gave you, and gave stupid reasons in response.

I DID NOT say porygon Z was bad. I said he was a bad lead. Pay attention.

I gave my opinion on Electivire and the Salamence set, and saying "I don't want to change them because they're a part of my team" means you never should have posted a team at all.

Don't resist advice because you "like the pokemon" that you're using. Don't even bother posting a team here if you're going to do it this poorly and not take advice. I honestly wish I hadn't bothered to rate your team, because you obviosly do not know what you are doing. =[

Sorry if this is harsh, but the blob of suck that is this team and the immature way you're acting when I tell you how awful it is pisses me off.

And you spell like an eight year old. "Thaught?"come on.

The changes you've made are a great step though. For instance, when I rated before, Porygon-Z didn't have a Scarf before, which is why I said Infernape leads would kill it.

And copying a description of a pokemon you've never used from Smogon does not count as a description. A description should tell us why you've picked this pokemon, how it is used on the team, and what advantages does it bring to the table.

I'm sorry if this post is a little angry sounding, but shruging off good advice to keep a bad team together just pisses me off. =[

And Reno I'm sorry if this is mini-modding. I'm tired of teams being posted like this and I've decided to stop rating them, so this is hopefully the last time I'll have to write an angry post to someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

And Hammerheart I wish you the best of luck in your battling career.

Last edited:

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Dude you completely wrote off all the advice I gave you, and gave stupid reasons in response.

I DID NOT say porygon Z was bad. I said he was a bad lead. Pay attention.

I gave my opinion on Electivire and the Salamence set, and saying "I don't want to change them because they're a part of my team" means you never should have posted a team at all.

Don't resist advice because you "like the pokemon" that you're using. Don't even bother posting a team here if you're going to do it this poorly and not take advice. I honestly wish I hadn't bothered to rate your team, because you obviosly do not know what you are doing. =[

Sorry if this is harsh, but the blob of suck that is this team and the immature way you're acting when I tell you how awful it is pisses me off.

And you spell like an eight year old. "Thaught?"come on.

The changes you've made are a great step though. For instance, when I rated before, Porygon-Z didn't have a Scarf before, which is why I said Infernape leads would kill it.

And copying a description of a pokemon you've never used from Smogon does not count as a description. A description should tell us why you've picked this pokemon, how it is used on the team, and what advantages does it bring to the table.

I'm sorry if this post is a little angry sounding, but shruging off good advice to keep a bad team together just pisses me off. =[

And Reno I'm sorry if this is mini-modding. I'm tired of teams being posted like this and I've decided to stop rating them, so this is hopefully the last time I'll have to write an angry post to someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

And Hammerheart I wish you the best of luck in your battling career.

I do appologise about the misunderstanding of the porygon-z not being a good lead. I thaught you ment in general.

For Electivire and salamence I ment There part of my current team and i like how they work for me now, so i dont want them to change.

As for the spelling thing, thats not very funny, i suffer from a mild form of Dyslexia wich affects my spelling. But you didnt know, so im not going to hold it against you.

Porygon Z did have the scalf before, beacause thats what confused me when you said not quick, the only one that didnt was tenticruel, because i wasnt sure about item clauses. But thats an easy mistake not to read somthing.

I said why I picked it, Because it was a spinner. that was pretty much the only reason, along with toxic spikes.

But as far as I cuold read your advice was change salamences move set, keep curse lax and change the rest. but i since understand you didint have a problem with porygon-Z. So was your advice change half the team? or have i missed a trick here or something?

But thank you for wishing me Luck, and im sorry for any inconvenience i may have caused you.