• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Team - Rate, Please?

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
So, I have posted a team here before, but this is only my second - I am not a very experienced team-builder, so please just bear that in mind...
This team is for use when playing Battle Revolution, so it's not restricted to a single tier. I am playing through SoulSilver again, and am nearing the end so decided to create a competitive team on it, because it's the game I find easiest to make teams on. Also, this team is fairly rough at the moment - there are quite a few changes which need to be made.
My team at a glance:

Hariyama
Electrode
Sandslash
Venomoth
Slaking
Shiftry

Hariyama @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP/4 Defence
Nature: Adamant
- Not sure - I was thinking Force Palm, but here I just wanted to put a STAB fighting-type move, so if you would suggest anything over Force Palm, please let me know.
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Rock Slide

A strong attacker with good coverage, Choice Band is so it can get rid of the opponent's lead quickly, although I'd have to switch out afterwards, most likely. Apart from that I'd say it's pretty self-explanatory.

Electrode @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Speed/252 Special Attack/252 HP (Not sure - was thinking of maxing out Speed over HP, but thought that may leave Electrode too fragile)
Nature: Timid/Modest (Depending on EVs)
- Explosion (not sure)
- Charge
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (water)

A special attacker to use Explosion to get out of a pinch and possibly snatch a win when faced with a tight spot. Charge and Thunderbolt are paired, although I wasn't too sure about playing that on Electrode, especially if I end up not maxing out HP. Hidden Power is for ground-types, most of which Electrode should be able to out-speed.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Defence/252 Attack/4 HP
Nature: Relaxed/Adamant (not yet decided, leaning more towards relaxed)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Sandslash can set up Stealth Rock before using Toxic on the opponent and then attacking for the rest of its run. I am not very sure about maxing out attack at the moment, as I'm not sure it would be helpful. I am considering 252 HP and 4 Attack instead.

Venomoth @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lense
EVs: 252 Special Attack/252 HP/4 Speed
Nature: Modest
- Sludge Bomb
- Bug Buzz
- Toxic
- Psychic

Tinted Lense means that Venomoth can use STAB moves even when its opponent resists them. It is mainly a special attacker with STAB from Sludge Bomb and Bug Buzz, and coverage against fighting-types and other poison-types with Psychic. Toxic is a bit of a wildcard I've put in there, but it's generally useful.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP/4 Special Defence
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

An attacker, Return is for STAB and Choice Band for maximum power - the idea is to switch it out as soon as possible, a second lead along with Sandslash. The rest of the moves are for coverage. Maxed out HP is for it to last as long as possible should it be my last Pokémon standing, while that extra bit is in Special Defence because Slaking has equal Defence and Special Defence, but I think somebody who didn't know that would be more likely to try using Special Attacks against it because it looks like it's physical Defence would be higher... but it's a moot point, really.

Shriftry @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP/4 Defence
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Rock Slide

Swords Dance to set up, Synthesis in case its health gets low... Seed Bomb is for STAB and Rock Slide will protect against flying-types. I chose Early Bird as the ability, but I don't think it makes much difference against Chlorophyll.

So, that's it - I've pointed out uncertainties, so if you have advice on them or anything else on my team, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
slaking needs a choice band since it can only be in for 1 turn and change giga impact for return so you can switch out immediately

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
slaking needs a choice band since it can only be in for 1 turn and change giga impact for return so you can switch out immediately

Thanks - that's a much better idea. I'll go ahead and make that change.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
I'm not brilliant with competitive battling but a special attacker using a physical explosion? It doesn't seem fully effective and charge as well electrode hasn't got the the best defence unless your using it for the extra damage then of course go ahead and use it. But I really like the look of this team looks a lot better then mine. Which is still a work in progress