• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Team

GeminiDragon

I AM THE NIGHT!!!
My cousin who recently finished the e4 emerald is building a new team and i am helping her do it. This is what we were thinking

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Surf

Typhlosion @ Leftovers
Lonely Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
- Thunder Punch
- ????
- Earthquake

Flygon @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Screech
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack/Iron Tail

Tropius @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorphyll
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Synthesis/Substitute
- Leech Seed

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Counter

For the last slot my cousin was think that she would use a blissey but we don't know what to put on it

Pikawho?

(five15)
If you replace Tropius and Ampharos you will be fine.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Then tell her that Tropius has too many weaknesses(including a double weakness to ice) and that Ampharos is slow and not really that powerful. If she likes to use them then fine. Those are my reasons why not to use them.

Feraligatr is a wonderful Pokemon. :D

Anyways...

For Ampharos, use Fire Punch instead of Counter... I'm not too sure if Ampharos will be able to deal a Counter too well, but I'm probably wrong.

Sunny Day on Typhlosion works well. If you can get it, the Petaya Berry works better than Leftovers for Typhlosion.

BattlePikeKing140

Alea iacta est.
You could perhaps switch Surf for Hydro Pump on Feraligatr for more power. Furthermore, Substitute over Synthesis on Tropius. Overall, a good Post-E4 team!

Last edited:

Chomper

Well as for Tropius' set, Shiftry does the better job but if she prefers it then its alright in game I guess.

Give Flygon Fire Blast over Quick Attack/Iron Tail.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I'm not too sure if Ampharos will be able to deal a Counter too well, but I'm probably wrong.

In fact Amphy can pull off a Counter with her base 90 HP and 75 Def, which is above average for an Electric type. Just don't leave her in against Earthquakes.

Feraligatr might want Hydro Pump instead of Surf. You're going to be dishing out your damage in Earthquakes and Rock Slides, and Hydro Pump is really just needed to take out physical walls and it gains STAB. Brave nature works better for Feraligatr because we don't really want that above average 83 base Spec. Def to go to waste, do we?

Typhlosion@Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower
- Substitute / Endure
- T-Punch

This thing is beastly once you've got it set up. Flamethrower + STAB + Sunny Day + Blaze + Petaya Berry amounts to nearly 300 base power, and it pretty much cleans out everything. Make sure the opponent's bulky water is gone before you try this out.

Quick Attack > Iron Tail for Screechgon. Otherwise it's fine.

No problems for Tropius so far, but honestly, it isn't really that good a Sunnybeamer. There are better Sunnybeamers out there.

Amphy likes Fire Punch better for the Subpunching set.

GeminiDragon

I AM THE NIGHT!!!
Okay here are the corrections on the team i posted
Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hydro Pump

Typhlosion @ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower