• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New to this, RMT please and thank you! (OU)

Vivieeeeeee

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
My lead in most cases, calm mind spam into stored power or baton passing to my mega or Volcarona. I'm not very sure about the dazzling gleam, any suggestions for a better move?

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Cotton Guard
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
My favourite Pokemon, not kicking it off the team even if mega altaria isn't op atm. The Flamethrower helps deal with steel types. Cotton guard seemed good in theory but in real battles, I don't think I've put it into use a lot - any suggestions?

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Surf
- Recover
The annoying one with the recover spam. I emphasized on its defenses so it's durable and won't get OHKO unless it's baton passed. Ice beam and surf's high base power will help its offenses, and I can use Toxic for stalling.

Breloom @ Metronome
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Force Palm
- Stone Edge
- Spore
I'm not quite sure on what item to get on Breloom... My physical sweeper, I think the kit is okay though

Crobat @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
- Fly
- Cross Poison
- X-Scissor
- Confuse Ray
Another physical sweeper. Should I only keep one physical sweeper and get a support/setup instead? Got Crobat for typing coverage, and because Crobat is awesome.

Volcarona @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
Another special sweeper that can set up on its own even if Espeon baton passes to Altaria instead.

Any feedback is welcome!! Thank you :) I feel I'm lacking a support-type character + setup moves. And I don't really have a tank. Are tanks necessary in a comp?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Give Espeon Screens (Light Screen & Reflect) with Light Clay. Psyshock and Dazzling Gleam for coverage moves.

I have always like the M-Altaria set with Cotton Guard, but it is a set that isn't easy to use because it takes a lot. First M-Altaria can't have any prior damage on it because even at +3 def, steel types can still hurt it, A LOT. You also need roost, so get rid of Dragon Pulse. What Dragon Pulse hit, Hyper Voice hits, but it hits harder. And I know accuracy is a thing, but to use this properly, it needs Fire Blast other M-Metagross can take the hit.

Milotic needs Scald over Surf. Burn chance is better than the damage. It also needs Marvel Scale, not competitive.

Breloom either needs Swords Dance/Mach Punch or Substitute/Force Palm. Since you have Technician, you should got with the former. And give it Life Orb.

There's a smogon set for Crobat that you should use. When it comes to the bat, I never recommend deviating from Smogon.

Volcarona - Roost/Giga Drain over Will-O-Wisp.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Hmm, okay... As a standalone sweeper Espeon generally isn't that good, it's much too easy to KO and needs several turns of set-up to deal any real damage (and even if it does get set up, it's very prone to being revengekilled by faster threats like Scarf Landy-T, Weavile, M-Bee, etc.). If you really want to use Espeon I'd recommend going SpecsCat, but honestly I'd recommend dropping Espeon entirely in favor of Magnezone, which will let you run an effective FairyMag core with Altaria.

Speaking of Altaria, the Cotton Guard set is a gimmick at best and doesn't help him at all with his main checks, namely things like Heatran and Chansey. If you decide to run Magnezone, the DDD Altaria set works perfectly alongside Magnezone, once Fairy resists are removed it can go to town and easily sweep weakened teams. Magnzeone traps and kills things like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory, which are common stops to the DDD set.

Scald > Surf on Milotic. The 30% chance to Burn by far outweighs the slight drop in power. Milotic is also experiencing a lot of pressure being your only solid check to Heatran thusfar, but I've got a couple ways to remedy that later. I would also consider Dragon Tail > Ice Beam, as the phasing is incredibly useful, but Ice Beam has its merits as well. Mirror Coat is also a fun option to obliterate things like Latios, as since you're running a physically defensive set I do believe you run the risk of being 2HKO'd by Life Orb Latios. Mirror Coat is largely a gimmick though. Suicune and Slowbro can run sets almost exactly like the one you're currently using with more physical bulk and a better support movepool, however Milotic has slightly more power than Suicune and more special bulk than Slowbro.

For Breloom I'd give it either a Life Orb or a Focus Sash, replace Force Palm with Mach Punch, and replace Stone Edge with Rock Tomb or Sword's Dance. If you run a Sash Rock Tomb makes a great pinch check to Talonflame, who can otherwise posit a serious problem to you if it runs a Sword's Dance set.

Crobat sadly just isn't a viable Pokemon in OU, especially with the set you gave it. You desperately need something else to throw at Heatran, and you have no hazard removal. I'd recommend lure Latios in the last slot as it can effectively lure in and remove Heatran, while packing Defog to remove Stealth Rock for Volcarona.

Volcarona is an interesting set but I'd tweak the EVs and give it Roost over Will-O-Wisp. 252 Sp. Def / 252 Speed doesn't make any sense, just use the classic Bulky Volcy spread of 248 HP, 204 Defence, 56 Speed.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
172 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 84 Speed
IVs: 31/0/31/30/31/30
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Volt Switch

Altaria @ Altarianite
Impish - Natural Cure
248 HP, 140 Defence, 92 Sp. Def, 20 Speed
Happiness: 0
-Dragon Dance