• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New type of Anime Battling???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodor

Banned
Can there be a new style of Pokemon Battling in Anime???
For example,
In the Movie episode we saw ''Wonder Launcher Pokemon Battle '' which kind a remind me of Yugioh!
I'm also thinking of a Pokemon Bike Battle Race.
In this Battle, Trainer's ride in a Bicycle & try to reach the finish line while Battling in the same time!
Trainer are allow to 3 pokemon during the race to stop his opponent and finish the race!
Trainer can also use Pokemon to create shortcut , increase speed & remove any obstacle in the path!
Do you want any new kind of pokemon Battling in Anime!

Last edited:
maybe for a single episode or something yea

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'm also thinking of a Pokemon Bike Battle Race.

Can't tell if trolling or ...

Just in case you aren't ... I liked the idea of an alternative means of competition for Pokemon. Not exactly battling. Ash seemed to be interested in racing Pokemon in the Original Series. It'd be nice to see him compete in something like that as a hobby. Pokeringer was my favorite alternate competition. It would've been interesting to see a land or water based version that required different tactics and Pokemon types.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
The Pokémon races appeared already in the anime a few times: "The Flame Pokémon-athon!" (the Ponyta episode), "Extreme Pokémon!" (Bayleef vs Arcanine race episode), "One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!" (the Summer school saga) and "A Marathon Rivalry!" (the Pokéathlon episode). They didn't involve battling, but still needed skill.

A type of battling that I think would be interesting is a variant of the dodge-ball, that requires that the Pokémon hit the ball with an attack. The ball absorbs (somehow) the property of the attack, and the more powerful the used move is and the more difficult to dodge and block the ball is.

Anyway yes, some kind of competition would be welcome.

Lunanight

Inb4Pokemononmotorcycles, two trainers ride bicycles around a track while their pokemon flies/leviatates by their side (assuming said pokemon can do that)...but seriously, if they did something different, I think it would be for an episode (like the Pokeathalon thing) or in a movie special.

Stupid 5ds reference aside, maybe something like a tournament for a specific type such as water, fire, grass, electric, ice, etc. where all the competitors use a pokemon of that type thoughout that tournament, like that water one they did in Johto. Or something similar to Pokeringer, but for non-flying type pokemon where battling isn't the main focus but it does play a role in the event.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Well, we all know what happend when Yu-Gi-Oh thought the same thing.. if I remeber correctly didnt go so well... //shot

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I can see a water version of the Pokéringer, performed underwater instead of in midair, and I can see Oshawott/Palpitoad (maybe leading to an evolution), Stunfisk and Dragonite (since it can learn Dive) participating.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Can't tell if trolling or ...

Just in case you aren't ... I liked the idea of an alternative means of competition for Pokemon. Not exactly battling. Ash seemed to be interested in racing Pokemon in the Original Series. It'd be nice to see him compete in something like that as a hobby. Pokeringer was my favorite alternate competition. It would've been interesting to see a land or water based version that required different tactics and Pokemon types.

Just awful posting not trolling,

We need some card games on motorcycles with pokemon battles.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
So far we had Contests as an alternative to to straight forward battling. Pokeathlon & Musicals have no fighting in them so those don't even count.

I was always hoping for a competition where trainers battle with rules that came from the Battle Arena. Where the Pokemon is judged on Mind, Body, & Skill.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I was always hoping for a competition where trainers battle with rules that came from the Battle Arena. Where the Pokemon is judged on Mind, Body, & Skill.

I'd love a Tournament where Pokemon battle without any commands from their Trainers.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I'd love a Tournament where Pokemon battle without any commands from their Trainers.

You mean like that facility back in Emerald, where Pokémon fought by themselves and Trainers were only allowed to switch? That would be cool!

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I want to see rotation battles show up. Mostly just to see how the hell they'd convert that into anime format.

This would also be cool. It'd also give an excuse for Ash to win, giving his Pokemon's strong ~power of friendship~ and whatnot.

I want to see rotation battles show up. Mostly just to see how the hell they'd convert that into anime format.
I imagine they would do it as having all three pokemon out at once but two hanging back until told to switch. its a difficult think to imagine how they would do it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.