• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New/Updated Opening for Episode N? *Dub Edition*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

So as most of you know if you've been following the anime, Episode N is currently ending this week and Episode N will be airing in the US this week, cool coincidence huh?

I started this thread to find out whether or not you guys think the Dub will get an updated Adventures In Unova opening for Episode N, or a new opening altogether.

Reasons being, the current openin has to do with only the Unova League so I would be irrelevant for the next 3 months if t was kept. And, the openings always show off snippets of what will happen in the coming episodes, but of the current one is kept as is, the viewers who don't follow the Japanese version won't be able to tell what's going on till about episode 5 or episode of 6 Episode N.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So as most of you know if you've been following the anime, Episode N is currently ending this week and Episode N will be airing in the US this week, cool coincidence huh?

I started this thread to find out whether or not you guys think the Dub will get an updated Adventures In Unova opening for Episode N, or a new opening altogether.

Reasons being, the current openin has to do with only the Unova League so I would be irrelevant for the next 3 months if t was kept. And, the openings always show off snippets of what will happen in the coming episodes, but of the current one is kept as is, the viewers who don't follow the Japanese version won't be able to tell what's going on till about episode 5 or episode of 6 Episode N.

I don't remember 4Kids updating the Unbeatable op for the BF arc so I don;t see TPCI doing it for this arc

People are not stupid if N appears next episode they will know what is coming

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm kind of hoping so but then They probably would have to also change it again for da, because the ep n opening wouldn't fit at all in that. It will be an awkward season In general with what the title is. It's been league stuff to start and the da to end it, which aren't even really related to what the title is at all.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
They updated the galactic battles opening, so an update on this one is possible.

nuzamaki90

I don't remember 4Kids updating the Unbeatable op for the BF arc so I don;t see TPCI doing it for this arc

But they only showed one Battle Frontier battle. When TPCi took over, they did change the opening.

Plus they did updated the Galactic Battles opening with all the new stuff so it would fit in and then another opening was made for all the episodes that had to do with the Sinnoh League

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They never updated the rival destiny for BWS2, so why now?

Because they didn't really need to update it at all. The only thing not in there was dawn, but they just didn't want to spoil it. They even had the storm trio in one second of it and a meloetta clip, which were the last two episodes of the season. For this, the only thing in the theme that will matter past the league is charizard. The rest is related to league stuff, which is all over and we won't see those characters again.

SlimeStack

The dub team really should have thought about how to handle Best Wishes. They seemed to handle the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier openings okay (they had a big change for BF so the delay in changing the OP is fine). Changing it every 50 or so episodes clearly doesn't work for a series that has 84, 24, 14 and maybe 20ish episode seasons. Naming the season Adventures in Unova when at least half of it won't take place in Unova was a stupid move too.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope they update the opening. I want to see the english version of the song. I'm also interested in what parts of the opening they'll cut out.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The dub team really should have thought about how to handle Best Wishes. They seemed to handle the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier openings okay (they had a big change for BF so the delay in changing the OP is fine). Changing it every 50 or so episodes clearly doesn't work for a series that has 84, 24, 14 and maybe 20ish episode seasons. Naming the season Adventures in Unova when at least half of it won't take place in Unova was a stupid move too.
Yea I dont understand why they didn't just name it something more generic, like rival destinies which doesn't really connect specifically in the anime. If anything, adventures in unova would have been better as the name for season 15.

Also, is adventures in unova the first dub theme to not have the saga title itself mentioned in theme at all?

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
But they only showed one Battle Frontier battle. When TPCi took over, they did change the opening.

Plus they did updated the Galactic Battles opening with all the new stuff so it would fit in and then another opening was made for all the episodes that had to do with the Sinnoh League

But from what I remember that was more due to the backlash they got from the first version. Wait what do you mean for the Sinnoh league? I remember when they updated it from the first one with the pokemon calling out at the end but they updated it again?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I hope that they updated the opening but I almost sure that they don't update the opening with Episode N and DA, as ridiculous as it seems.

Now that Japan gets subarcs (although it appears to be temporary) the dub is stick with the strict season definition. If they know about Season 2, Episode N in advance, why not create 5 arc names with 4 opening in Best Wishes?
-Arc 1: Black and White.
-Arc 2: BW:Rival Destinies. (until ep36)
-Arc 3: BLack and White Series 2 (Season2).
-Arc 4: BW Series 2 Arc of N. (Episode N)
-Arc 5: BW Adentures in Decolora (or his dub name) (DA arc).

I think that TPCi needs a change for XY series. Because the writers want to give new subarcs in Japan.

And not only that but we are not getting in the US the gimmicks that the writers did in advertisement in Japan. For example:
-Not promoting Season 2 with Dawn, Meloetta and Cynthia and put Dawn as if her were to be in the main cast during her cameo.
-Not promoting the Team Rocket as the farewell of Team Rocket.
-Not promoting Virgil and the Eevee team beforehand as a upcoming event for the League.
-Not promoting Episode N and their new characters. To see the thing that the US don't advertise the series anymore, they don't know at this point that
Charizard is returning to the main cast!!!!

Sorry, but I think that the dub deserves a very low score in promoting the series. To see the diferences:
In Japan, many people who follow the series know beforehand that Dawn is returning because all the magazines (starting with CoroCoro), the TV Tokyo previews, Pokemon Smash and they show her in the website like she is going to re-join the cast.
In the US when we see Dawn in Undella at the end of the Meloetta episode, you are surprised because you thought that we are like the rest of the series where cameos aren't allowed although they know about older pokemon appearing because Roxie.

Hikatoshi26

I don't see them changing the opening it is still BW adventures in Unova so i doubt the opening changes.

dman_dustin

I fail to see how 4kids choice in what they do has any relevancy or impact in what TPCI does.

And TPCI has changed an opening, sure it was for the move to HD, but it still changed in the middle of the season.

They never updated the rival destiny for BWS2, so why now?

Why would they?

The opening was going to change in 13 episodes anyway given the new season of Adventures in Unova.

It doesn't make sense to change an opening when there's going to be an opening change later on. The reason why Japan changes is its opening is to make it more relevant.

But the thing is, all that needs to be done, is alter the opening to include Episode N scenes and then some shots of DA! to make it relevant to both arcs for one final update in the anime.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Not going to comment on this, it's clearly in the wrong subforum.. I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is relevant to the events unfolding in the Original Version (which is what should be discussed in AS), rather then the dub..

Xlate

Adventures in Unova should have really started at the N arc while Rival Destinies could have at least have been extended a bit up to the end of the Unova League. (Just like Best Wishes). So they could have at least used the N opening.

But then again Da! starts just a few episodes after.

nuzamaki90

TPCi did end up updating the opening with Episode N scenes but with the same song.

Also, I love N's English voice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.