• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New UU Shoddy Team, please rate

Son_of_Shadows

Hi there, Son_of_Shadows is back with a brand new UU team for Shoddy. Haven't actually put it together yet, and I'm very open to suggestions. Sorry about there being no artwork, I don't know how to put it in :(

Absol@Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252Atk/252Spd/5Hp
Moves:
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Rock Smash
Strategy:
My lead. I've always hated enemy Absol, so, now I'm using one. QUAKE BEFORE ME! ... Sorry. Focus Sash ensures I get my Swords Dance in, then, go nuts, trying to abuse crithax with Night Slash and Psycho Cut. Rock Smash is for the Dark and Steel types who wall this set.

Nidoking@Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 200Atk/252SpA/56Spd
Moves:
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Grass)
Strategy:
I've always wanted to use Nidoking, and this rips through most UU walls (the only exceptions I can think of are Grumpig and Hypno). Yes, I know, I know, it's a Smogon set, but, I'm unimaginative, unlike most of the clever raters on this forum.

Lanturn@Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 Hp/136 SpA/252 SpD/80 Spe
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Strategy:
I never thought I'd see the day I'd use Toxic, but, here we go. I saw a guy almost get 6-0d by a Lanturn once. No, seriously. Anyway, in UU, he's a beast of a special sponge, thanks to that wonderful Hp stat. It's a pretty obvious set for a bulky water, but, meh.

Clefable@Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252Hp/126Atk/126Def
Moves:
Facade
Wish
Thunder Wave
Cosmic Power
Strategy:
D/P turned Clefable from a less comptent Blissey, into a total monster, in my opinion. Toxic Orb stops me getting statused, doubles Facade's power and Magic Guard stops me taking damage from it. Sweet. T-Wave cripples opposing sweepers, CM to boost my defensive capabilities/Wish for healing. Wish would benefit my team, but Clefable may find it harder to benefit itself. Your call, raters! I'll also consider Trick over Cosmic Power so I can laugh at walls.

Linoone@Salac Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252Atk/252Spd/6Hp
Moves:
Belly Drum
Extremespeed
Shadow Claw
Rock Smash
Strategy:
I decided to put this on my team after it was used devastatingly against me just today. Wiped out the remaining 4 of my Pokemon without breaking a sweat. Should be pretty obvious what he does.

Claydol@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252Hp/144Def/114SpA
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earth Power
Psychic
Strategy:
Pretty much the same as the Claydol on my current team... Set up SR, blow opponents' away, and attack at will.

Well, that's it. Let me know what you think. Happy rating!

EDIT: Changes in bold.

Last edited:

elitefive5

StrategyRules
good team you covered your weaknesses well.
definitely go with wish on clefable. if you calm mind and give it some defense evs it should be able to stick around long enough to get healed. or just switch it out and switch it in on something afraid of clefable (not likely).
if you dont want to split your offenses on clefable then cosmic power makes a better boost then calm mind. clefable shouldnt be attacking much anyway and wont be in long enough to calm mind enough boosts so ice beam actually does something (uu has less dragons too). clefable wouldnt have the time to calm mind with all the wishing.

elitefive5

StrategyRules
definitely use t-wave on clefable (absol and nido arent the fastest sweepers out there).
your new clef set should look like this:
Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Thunder Wave
Wish
Facade
Cosmic Power
Magic Guard
252Hp 126 Atk 126 Def a nature that increases def and lowers spatk (sorry blanking now).
sure its walled by steels and rocks but your old set was too.

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
insert image url here[/img*] remove the astrix though,
and use [URL="http://arkeis.com"]arkeis.com's pokemon factory[/URL] for the images :),
Trick is nice on Clefable,
since you give them a toxic orb and say LULZ,
best done on walls who come in to say lulz to clefable,
like steelix....
(i wonder if i didn't put i was joking how many negative comments i'd get ;))

Don't worry about smogon sets it's best to use them if you don't know a lot about EV sets and movesets and things,
idk about linoone, cause it's a bit of an all or nothing pokemon, it could be worth it but idk,
if it doesn't help you out too much then dump it for a more reliable set up sweeper, like swords dance Armaldo or something,

i'm not an expert at UU, and the UU RMT's seem to get less attention than OU ones =/,
but i hopes i helped :),

btw@Elitefive5 i think you mean Impish xD

Son_of_Shadows

Thanks guys. I'll give Clefable T-Wave and Cosmic Power now. I'm also going to give Absol Rock Smash over X-Scissor, so he doesn't get walled by Steels.

zm_

Personally for Absol I got with Fire Blast and a Naive Nature as it can also cover those Dark/Grass types (think Cacturne (is that how its spelt?)) who think they get a free switch in on Absol. Although the possible defence drop that can occur via rock smash is always nice. Basically if you fear Steelix and Cacturne more then Fire Blast, if you fear Aggron more then Rock Smash.

This come down to choice and what you prefer.

Son_of_Shadows

Question: Are Steelix and Cacturne commonly used as leads in UU? If not, I don't think I have a problem. Lanturn can handle Steelix, unless I switch in on Earthquake and... Actually, I don't think I have a Cacturne counter. Bugger.

zm_

On Wi-Fi I have come against some Steelix leads, not sure how relevant that is on Shoddy. But I am pretty sure that Cacturne, Aggron and Steelix would be switched into Absol pretty early on, which of course means he has to get out ASAP.

Also switching Lanturn into Steelix is risky as in my expierence Steelx's main attacking options have been Earthquake and Stone Edge. With Absol not exactly being the poster poke of sturdy it will attract these attacks due its terrible defences.

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

Damn, you have a point. However, Claydol can also handle them with STAB Earth Power, and resistance to their STAB moves (except Cacturne).