• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New version of "1, 2, 3" premieres March 4th - Reveals upcoming character returns

ShadowForce720

I didn't even notice Goh only has Mantyke as a Gen 4 representative, just give him a Bidoof or Starly to fill the picture a bit
Yeah I really have no idea why Mantyke is his only gen 4 representative when there are plenty of gen 4 mons they can give him.

I mean heck they could have evolved his Murkrow and Misdreavus by now.

Funny thing is when a Mantyke evolves it becomes a Mantine which is a Johto mon.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Specially since we got a bunch of Gen 4 based games, I really don't understand.
I genuinely think they just forgot and didn't realize they only gave him one Gen IV Pokémon (who will promptly become a Gen 2 Pokémon when it evolves anyway) until they made this opening and by then it was to late

nuzamaki90

Pokemon Journeys must be performimg really poorly if they're pandering to nostalgia and past characters THIS much
It’s actually doing extremely well. We complain about the Friday time slot because of all the breaks but it actually gave the show a huge ratings boost and it’s basically been going uphill ever since.
You know something's not right when you have to rely on bazillions of past character cameos to grab audiences attention
The character returns are without a doubt because of the anime’s 25th anniversary. We are more than likely not gonna get something like this for the next anime series.

Ibrahim Saidu

Yeah I really have no idea why Mantyke is his only gen 4 representative when there are plenty of gen 4 mons they can give him.

I mean heck they could have evolved his Murkrow and Misdreavus by now.

Funny thing is when a Mantyke evolves it becomes a Mantine which is a Johto mon.
The same for Ash apparently his Gen 4 Pokemon being Lucario

KukuiFanatic501

Stoked about the returns. Paul And Greninja coming back has got very surprised by and while I’m not really a big fan of Greninja, seeing it again is pretty cool.

What I’m interested to see is Ash use Greninja, Pikachus Z move and the other gimmicks against Paul, the only rival in the anime that hasnt, and doesn’t, use them. Or do you all think Paul will at least take up on using Dynamaxing?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Stoked about the returns. Paul And Greninja coming back has got very surprised by and while I’m not really a big fan of Greninja, seeing it again is pretty cool.

What I’m interested to see is Ash use Greninja, Pikachus Z move and the other gimmicks against Paul, the only rival in the anime that hasnt, and doesn’t, use them. Or do you all think Paul will at least take up on using Dynamaxing?
Paul could easily have Mega Aggron given he had one during DP
Or they could give him something entirely new like how Gary apparently owns a Tyranitar now, it'd be nice if his team was a mixture of old and new as that was the best part about the rivalry. He didn't always have the same Pokemon with him so it made each battle feel refreshing while nowadays it's just the same thing over and over, which just gets boring especially when it's same species rivalry nonsense which I'm glad Journeys has avoided so far

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
So about Goh, was his Hoothoot and error? it wasn't with his Johto mons in the opening, maybe I missed it.
It seems to have been an error. Kingdra also isn't around, so Goh may not have kept it.
Specially since we got a bunch of Gen 4 based games, I really don't understand.
Maybe game-anime misinformation/expectation made the staff think they had a longer delay till Sinnoh promotion?

CT and IOA also took a long time to start appearing though.

Observer

Mostly watching
Saw the opening and it was amazing, I am really looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but when Horace/Tokio was looking up at the night sky he turned his head and that was when Greninja showed up.

Maybe they might be in the same area?

Soniman

Break the Limit
Saw the opening and it was amazing, I am really looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but when Horace/Tokio was looking up at the night sky he turned his head and that was when Greninja showed up.

Maybe they might be in the same area?
The shot of Ash and Goh in Kalos was also in a forest at night just like Greninja

Sham

The Guardian of War
All I seen was Paul, the queen of Unova and Chloe doing Contests.

NeoDude-5000

Ash's fiercest rival Paul returns, and his most powerful Pokemon (at the time) Greninja is coming back. Pretty hyped about this. Also Goh vs the legendary titans looks like it will be epic too.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm actually relatively surprised that Paul is making a return out of everyone, since he doesn't really promote a generation, being an anime-only character (based on Silver, albeit). Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they're bringing him back, especially whilst Cynthia is a competitor, but it's just surprising that they didn't choose someone who actually promotes the games, like Barry..

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm actually relatively surprised that Paul is making a return out of everyone, since he doesn't really promote a generation, being an anime-only character.
...By all intents and purposes, he's a Sinnoh character for the anime.

He was born in Sinnoh.

He lives in a Sinnoh city.

His ace is a Sinnoh Pokemon.

He surely smells like Sinnoh.

Therefore, he's a Sinnoh character.

Last edited: