• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Website made by me!

shadowfiles

Your Average Person
Hey there!

It's super neat that you're starting out and wanting to try making a website, but personally I'd stay away from depending too much on Webs' free cite building tools. From the looks of things, it looks like you're focusing on making your site a Pokemon community, which is cool, but there's lots of them out there, so if you want people to join yours, you really have to have something to make yourself stand out. And while the Webs template doesn't look absolutely horrible, it's not the best and is very generic.. You're a Pokemon site, so you'll want a layout that makes your site look like a Pokemon site!

So basically, if you're interested in doing more to improve your site, I'd recommend learning some basic HTML and CSS (Google them!), so you can make a site layout of your own that's Pokemon-themed. In addition to that, I'd recommend making some content on your site to help draw visitors in since looking at an empty forums, photo gallery, etc honestly doesn't make registration seem very tempting.

But yeah hey, it's obvious you're just getting started with making websites, and I totally think you should keep at it if you're really interested in running a website. It' a lot of fun, and you can learn lots of useful skills. :)

Bobrocket

As shadowfiles said, Webs is horrible for making sites, granted it can give good results (it's CSS snd HTML markup is generally invalid and messy, not good) - I suggest learning HTML, it's very easy to learn and is pretty much english. After that, learn CSS, and if you're feeling up for the challenge, PHP.

The site layout itself doesn't look the best to me, I think you should use the font Century Gothic (it's great, I use it in all of my sites) and The background image doesn't really fit in with the rest of the site.

If you'd like some help, don't hesitate to ask!