• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New White Team

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I am currently working on an improved white team.

I am looking for Serperior, Samurott, Mienshao, and Galvantula on the team. You can change these around, but I prefer you don't. If you do have any comments for the last two, please say so as well.

The movesets: (No nature will be listed as I would like advice about the nature and it will probably be changing...)

Serperior @ Miracle Seed / Root thing that boots life stealing moves
Overgrow
Hidden Power (Rock)
Giga Drain
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm / Something else
-Hidden Power for coverage, Giga drain for healing, leaf blade for special walls, Leaf storm/giga drain for physical walls

Samurott @ Mystic Water
Torrent
Dragon Tail
Dig
Aerial Ace
Waterfall
-Dragon Tail for dragons (since physical, no ice beam), dig for electric coverage, aerial ace for grass, waterfall for STAB

Mienshao @ None
Regenerator
Acrobatics
U-Turn
Drain Punch
Hi Jump Kick
-Acrobatics for grass/fight, u-turn for psychic, Drain Punch for life, and Hi Jump Kick for epic STABness :p

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Compoundeyes
Nature: Timid
HP Ice/Ground/Fire
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz
Thunder
-HP Water for fire types or Dark just cuz, energy ball for rock types, bug buzz for strong STAB, and thunder for really strong STAB

I would like to have a chandelure in here, but I'm not positive on that. Also, I *should* be able to get any 4th gen starter, any 3rd gen starter, and any 2nd gen starter. The only pokemon I have a hard time with is 3rd gen cuz I don't own any of those games...

Edits in Bold

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

Serperior- I'd drop Giga Drain for coil. Leaf Storm covers phsyical walls and it will have no effect on any of your other moves if giga drain is dropped. I'd also reccomend a white herb if you do this.

Samurott-Good. Go with X-scissor or megahorn over aerial ace

Mienshao- Give it a flying gem to boost the power of acrobatics (it will boost it more than having no item). I've always questioned regeneration+drain punch mienshao, as it's not very bulky at all and most things can OHKO it. I'd suggest fake out instead of either drain punch or high jump kick.

Galvantula-Good moves, personally i prefer thunderbolt to thunder, but other people are different. As for an item, a bug or electric move boosting item would work well.

And, if you want to include a chandelure, which you should, they're awesome, I'd run the following:

Chandelure @Expert Belt
Flash Fire
Timid/Modest
EVs (if you're bothered about these) 4HP, 252 Sp.A, 252 Speed
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic

Alternatively, you could go with a will-o-wisp hex combo, which is also very effective as long as you're not up against a powerful special attacker.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
it looks good, for mienshao, definitely do flying gem if you use acrobatics, and if you run regenerator, there is no need for drain punch, definitely do fake out (or rock slide/stone edge) and i know how you can get a 3rd gen starter. if you have ss or hg, then you can get one from steven (its very extensive, but its possible)

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Samurott
-Aqua Jet / Surf
-Grass Knot / Ice Beam / Swords Dance
-X-Scissor / Megahorn
-Return
Only use Swords Dance if Aqua Jet is your water move.

Serperior
-Coil
-Leaf Blade
-Leech Seed
-Protect / Giga Drain / Return
idk

Mienshao | Regenerator
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-High Jump Kick
-Rock Slide
Fake Out for free damage. HJK + U-turn for Regenerator abuse, Rock Slide for coverage.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
it looks good, for mienshao, definitely do flying gem if you use acrobatics, and if you run regenerator, there is no need for drain punch, definitely do fake out (or rock slide/stone edge) and i know how you can get a 3rd gen starter. if you have ss or hg, then you can get one from steven (its very extensive, but its possible)

Ok with the rock slide/stone edge. Also I have gotten the 3rd gen starter from him, the only problem is I have 1 DS, so how can I get it to white???

Firebreather

Galvantula-Good moves, personally i prefer thunderbolt to thunder, but other people are different. As for an item, a bug or electric move boosting item would work well.And, if you want to include a chandelure, which you should, they're awesome, I'd run the following:

On pretty much any pokemon, I'd agree with you about the Thunderbolt over Thunder thing. However, seeing as Galvantula has Compoudeyes, it's usually better to run Thunder for the added power while abusing the increased accuracy.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Relative Power:

Thunderbolt (95 Base Power) x 100% Accuracy = 95 Power.
Thunder (120 Base Power) x 91% Accuracy = 109.2 Power.

Thunder also has the added bonus of 30% paralysis.