• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Wii Update: Deletes Foreign Saved Data!

Nintendo have released a new "Mii Channel update" which simply places all your Mii's in the Mii Parade.

Along with this lame update, all saved data on your Wii from foreign games will be deleted, so this is how Nintendo plan to combat the Freeloader and Mod-Chips which are legal in certain countries like Australia as long as they are only used to break region locking.

Source.

Last edited:

Slayer

Life's a Beach.
Eh I would have to agree with you
this is.a sad update
uhm good for nintendo though
Modding is stupid

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Fucking Nintendo. Seriously. I always refrain from complaining but this annoys me so much. I paid for my Wii. I paid for my copy of Dairantou Smash Brothers X and I also paid for the Freeloader because I wasn't prepared to wait while Nintendo of Australia pissfart around and release the game almost five months after the Japanese game and three-and-a-half months after the US release. We don't have the same cultural phenomenon as Europe where we need the multilingual translations yet we have to wait until Europe are ready. Now, I'm going to be screwed over by Nintendo because they don't like us importing? I'm seriously considering no longer supporting Nintendo.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Wow. This sucks. I'm glad I didn't import anything. Way to copy apple though Nintendo.

Kabuto

little punks!
Wow, that sucks hard. Good thing I dont import any wii games, or Id be royally p*ssed off right now.

woot21

super noob
Here is an idea to the people *****ing about this. Back up your import saves on an SD card, take out the SD card, do the update, then put the SD card back in, and, wait for it, load the saves back onto the Wii. OMG that was so hard to figure out, wasn't it?

woot21 out dawgs

MaskedManAbsolkid

Here is an idea to the people *****ing about this. Back up your import saves on an SD card, take out the SD card, do the update, then put the SD card back in, and, wait for it, load the saves back onto the Wii. OMG that was so hard to figure out, wasn't it?

woot21 out dawgs

You can't copy Brawl info over to a SD card.

woot21

super noob
You can't copy Brawl info over to a SD card.
Really? You can't copy Brawl info over to an SD card? So you can't save anything Brawl related on SD cards, not even photos or replays? Yes I know what you mean, and if that is true that is completely idiotic. Also, have you tried a Wii SD card, since that might be all it can go onto?

woot21 out dawgs

Cipher

Nothing to be done
That's a real dick move on Nintendo's part. I also find it ridiculous that you can't copy certain game data to an SD card. That means if something on your Wii breaks, you have no way to back up the data.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Really? You can't copy Brawl info over to an SD card? So you can't save anything Brawl related on SD cards, not even photos or replays? Yes I know what you mean, and if that is true that is completely idiotic. Also, have you tried a Wii SD card, since that might be all it can go onto?

woot21 out dawgs

I have a Wii SD card, and it appears you can't move it. I'll have another try.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Nice job, Nintendo. You showed us how much of a dick you can be. *raises two middle fingers*

mrhiyuck

curious
I can see the logic behind it, they don't want people copying games. However, deleting foreign data is retarded. If it's foreign then people paid for it to be imported.

Also it makes me angry that you can't copy some game data from the wii. I can see how they don't want people sharing there game files online (which isn't really their business but whatever) but if they wanted that they should have used their own type of memory card instead of SD so we can back stuff up.

On another note... can you move it? Because Pokemon XD was like that. It wouldn't let you copy it so you couldn't duplicate your Pokes but you could move it to another memory card.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I'm glad they did it. It's a huge kick in the balls for all those hackers out there.

Uhhh this has nothing to do with hackers... importing games and using a freeloader isnt "hacking" FYI- it just allows a person to play the game pre-release in their region through importing.

awlccl123

Uhhh this has nothing to do with hackers... importing games and using a freeloader isnt "hacking" FYI- it just allows a person to play the game pre-release in their region through importing.

Agreed. I couldn't have said it better myself. (seriously, i couldn't)

O Fortuna

Velut luna.

Here's an idea, know what you're talking about before you try and be cool. As others have said, some data can't be put on an SD card so in the case of the large number of us in PAL regions who imported a copy of Brawl, we're screwed.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
One would assume this will be an ongoing thing Nintendo would include as part of all future updates.