• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Year Thread - Welcome 2013!

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I'm not sure if it's too early for this thread and if it's OK since this is the first time that I'll start a topic.

Since it's a few days left before we greet the new year and say farewell to the year 2012, I may as well start this and I've not seen a new year's thread yet here so here it is.

Here, we can post anything, our thoughts about the new year. We can post our hopes and plans for next year. Our new year's resolutions. How we'll greet the next year. We can also post in this thread on our thoughts about the year 2012. Was 2012 a good year for us, or not? How did we spend it? We can post our thoughts, our stories about this year and how we'll look forward to the next year and talk about it to others here.

Here's my thoughts on 2012 - I'm pretty glad that this year's almost over. After everything I've been through. This year was a really tough year for me and not only that, the year's also been quite an eye opener for me. I learned a lot of things, good and bad from the year. Admittedly though, I thought this year was going to be better because it started with a lot of good things that happened and a lot of great moments but most of it was rather.... can't really say. Overall, 2012 was really quite an up and down year for me. Hopefully 2013 would be better and less complicated. :)

Last edited:

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
My New years resoultion:Try not to call everyone in my school an idiot

and to stop being nervous/Shy.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Like we have done for the past few years, the family's going to hold a Wii bowling tournament. However, Dad did buy a new board game called Fact or Crap, so we're going to be playing that on New Year's Eve. I don't know if we'll have a lot of goodies this year or not, they seemed to have gotten rid of all that delicious junk food we liked to get. I have no resolutions planned, because I just know I'm going to break it within the month.

As for 2012, if I just ignore everything that happened in the world and focus on personal life, it was an okay year. Nothing too special sticks out for me except for the whole family going to Disneyland in July. I don't know if 2013 will be a better year or not. I'd like it to be, but I just know it's going to be a pretty awful year in itself (has nothing to do with superstition).

Well finally 2012 is over. Thought nothing could top 2011.....but 2012 found a way to make this the worst year in life. I'm not going to jinx anything by thinking about how 2013 will be though, just glad this year is over....or extremely close. But knowing 2012 the bitch will find a way to get the last laugh.

And for New Years itself, just gonna go out with friends and prolly wake up in some strange place with little to no memory of what happened.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I'm pretty excited for 2013! It's going to be an new beginning for me in real life and on here! ^_^

New Year Resolution/Plans/Hopes for 2013: My New Year Resolution is to finish some of my Pokemon Fan Fiction, become a better writer, learn Japanese, and get more involved in SPPF (like way more).

Thoughts on 2012: 2012 was probably the best year of my life! XDDD I met all of my great friends on here in 2012. It's been so great knowing them, they've helped me understand who I am, they're the first few people who I've actually told my past too... I actually refer to them... as siblings... Though, my August was terrible... It was the first time... I went through a lot of emotions and depression... I... fell in love... <.> This year, I also actually, finally, began writing Fan Fiction, a lot of it.... I also gained a tremendous amount of intelligence this year, more then I could've even imagined... I can't wait until 2013! ^_^

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

2012 has been the best year of my like because of one word: Olympics.

My New Year's Resolution for 2013 is to try to socialize IRL, and to break out of that horrible writer's block I've had for literally ages. Maybe to improve my drawing skills as well. Not sure what 2013 will be like for me, but I hope it'll be a more peaceful one than 2012 - sure it was exciting, but I still went through loads of ups and downs.

D

Deleted member 318910

So much stuff happened in 2012 for me:

I got my Steam account.

I got my Serebii account.

I visited Texas, and drove through Mississippi, Louisiana, and Georgia to see my Uncle graduate from the Air Force.

I started playing TF2, CS: S, and L4D2.

I got my YouTube and Cracked.com accounts.

I turned 13.

7th grade has been awesome so far.

I truly became a nerd.

Goodbye 2012. At least you won't be remembered as the year the world ended. :)

Meowth City

Staff member
My original New Year's Resolution would have been to get a better paid job with better hours. However, seeing as I have already achieved that weeks in advance, my new resolution will be to hopefully get more fit. Not really for weight-loss or anything like that, but more like being able to run up 20 flights of stairs and not be huffing and puffing like a old-aged pensioner, which totally happened this year.

As for my thoughts on 2012, I loved this year.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
2012: It was mediocre by my standards. 2012 was pretty damn average.

2013: I'm going to make it more fun for me. New Year's resolution? Not going to jail. That seems easy and it's something I can manage to not do.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Hmm, well, this year has been quite the year, for more reasons than most people might guess. Working out my own philosophy, trying to understand others more, giving a speech, making friends...I'm happy with how this year turned out. ^^

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Overall I would say that 2011 was the best year of my life, due to the fact that I got to meet the boys of Big Time Rush. But 2012 is close behind. I saw BTR in concert (and One Direction but mehh, don't really like them) so I hope 2013 will be a great year too.

My new year resolution is probably to lose weight. I've been trying so hard to lose weight for years and it's not easy. Hopefully 2013 will better in that regard.

Hydreigon6507

This year has been decent for me:
I got my Photobucket account.
I got my glasses that I needed for years.
I finally got a filling in the tooth that has been bothering me for a few years (NOT letting that situation repeat itself).
I got my Youtube account.
I started my fanfiction (though I have not posted any of it yet).
Because of the above, I have written a story that is currently over thirty handwritten pages long.
I finally got my OCs' personalities in order.
I got my 3DS.
I got my first Mario game (which has free DLC that I still need to download >_>).
I got Black 2 and White 2 the day they came out.
I got my account here.
I got my Flipnote Hatena account.
... Aaand that is about it. *phew*

xEryChan

Demon Child
This year was definitely amazing for me best year of my whole life!. I got to see Big Time Rush three times, had the honor of being Kendall Schmidt's Worldwide girl in March, and met them twice. Definitely can't argue with that.