• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Year's Pokemon Resolutions!

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
i want to know your new years resolutions in pokemon.
my top on is to learn how to chain in DP and get some shinies myself
i think that may take a month, im a slow learner.
list your resolutions and how long they will take to acomplish and why you want to do it

mjjfan10

Pokemon Trader
My top two:
Learn enough Japanese to be able to play through black without consulting a dictionary every five seconds.
Finally find a shiny in the wild.... Or through the Masuda effect.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
I'm going to play through white with nothing but Smeargle on my team, and all the Smeargle will be named after brands of toothpaste. And... let's make it nuzlocke. That should be interesting.

Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Finally find a shiny, get wifi (which will be resolved tomorrow, guys! we'll finally be able to play together!)

Offtopic: I thought masuda was Madusa XD

Indigoodra

Play more!

I've been in a slump lately, going in and out to work on a Steel mono in Platinum :/

Larry

I'd like to complete the National Dex (or at least 646/649), get a 49 win streak in the Super Doubles, and find a shiny in White.

Psypert

get a moxie Salamance, a legit Shiny metagross (last one I got was hacked TT.TT) and finish my doubles trick room team and hopefully win this year Pokemon local Tournament

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Probably nothing. I've got craptons of schoolwork and other games to play.

G50

No longer posting
- To get through at least 3 generations of EV training.

- To get better at Japanese to understand Anime/Games better

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
im converting all my action reply jerk friends into EV trianers. im making the world a better place for every gamer.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
1. Use Masuda method to get a Shiny Treecko.
2. EV train a competitive team of Level 100s, hopefully including that shiny Treecko.
3. Finish The Nova Travels.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Restart Soul-Silver, and complete it's national dex, then transfer them to White, and complete it's national dex (or Grey/RS remakes depending on timing);.

K2000

Was working towards the national dex on Black before I lost it (well it is somewhere in my room), so if find it then I would like to finished that off.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
My top two:
Learn enough Japanese to be able to play through black without consulting a dictionary every five seconds.
Finally find a shiny in the wild.... Or through the Masuda effect.

Trust me, Masuda method is a much better idea than trying to RE. Hatching a shiny egg has eight times the chance of finding a wild shiny, if I remember correctly.

ThisIsPatrick

Leaf Green Resolutions...
Beat Blaine= 1-2 days
Catch my favourite Psychic poke Slowbro= 1-2 days
Produce a unique team with Slowbro in it= 5-7 days

Soul Silver Resolutions...
Get atleast 500 pokemon in my pokedex= 20-40 days
Make a all Hoenn Pokeathon team= 2-3 days

General Pokemon Resolutions
Get some more PLUSHIES= 5-10 days
Get a new pokemon Emerald= 4-15 days
Getting a new WiFi set up thingie=18-40 days
Beat people i know that use AR with Salamence, Slowbro and Jolteon= 3-5 days

So theres my whopping list of resolutions ;)