1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Years Pokemon Special

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playerking

playerking Not in the mood.

It airs on the 3rd of January.

Summary.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Interference

Interference Banned

Yay, more filler! :D

3. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

There's always a New years special. It's not usually a new episode, though in the past, in 2000 and 2001, Mewtwo Returns and Raikou! Legend of Thunder aired then

4. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Summary.

It's a lot more interesting than what we've gotten the last few years.

5. playerking

Thanks Dephender. I appreciate the link.

I can't wait to see this even if it's just a special showing some funny stuff.

6. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

So new stuff about N and the movie. definitely worth keeping an eye on

7. Dephender

It isn't. It'll have stuff on Episode N and the movie too.

8. playerking

Yeah, I know that, but I just assume that they won't be the central point of it and there won't be much of it.

9. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Well, that seals the fate of the skipped episodes. There's no more openings for them to fit in.

10. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Who knows what will happen.. They might squeeze them in as a special or something still.. :p

11. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Maybe they'll toss in the 2 eps on DVD as a preorder promo.

12. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Heh, more Original Series correlation.

I am not looking forward to it, but since the episode N will start in like two weeks after it, info dump might be interesting.

Edit: Read the summary. Damn you clip shows :(.

13. Dephender

Posting this here too: A runthrough of all the previous New Year's Specials, as requested by fer92:

A '97-'98 one got announced, but never aired due to the Porygon incident. Nothing is known about the content.
    The '98-'99 one was an airing of the new episode, episode 79, followed by a partly-live-action show featuring Pokemon songs.
    The '99-'00 one was an airing of the new episode, episode 130, followed by a rerun of episode 39, a redone variant of one of the two shorts from the first Pikachu's Winter Vacation OVAs, an airing of the never-before-seen Slowking's Day mini-short, and a featue on the American release of movie 1, including a music video of Don't Say You Love Me.
    The '00-'01 one was the first airing of the Mewtwo Returns TV special, as well as a digest of movie 1 and a preview feature on movie 4.
    The '01-'02 one was the first airing of the Raikou TV special, followed by a live-action feature partially hosted by TIM (who'd later host Pokemon Sunday and Smash), and partly set in New York, as well as a special on movie 5.
    The closest we get to a '02-'03 special was a special episode of Weekly Pokemon Broadcasting Station entirely devoted to clips of viewer-requested scenes, but it aired January 7th and wasn't any longer than a normal episode.
    '03-'04 and '04-'05 had nothing at all.
    '05-'06 didn't have a New Year's Special, but it had a Christmas Special December 22nd, where we got the new episode, AG158, followed by a rerun of movie 6.
    '06-'07 had a rerun of movie 7.
    '07-'08 had the last Pokemon quiz special, followed by a rerun of movie 8.
    '08-'09 had a rerun of movie 9.
    '09-'10 had a rerun of movie 11.
    '10-'11 had a rerun of movie 12 followed by reruns of Best Wishes episode 1-4
    '11-'12 had a rerun of movie 13 followed by an episode of Pokemon Smash, which didn't air the previous week due to Sunday that week being New Year's Day.

14. Nanami

Nanami Banned

Sounds fun. Should be interesting

15. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Yay more spoilers!!! I wonder what the new N trailer will show??

16. Honeyichigo

Honeyichigo The manliest

Ooh, new Episode N info and new movie info? This sounds good.

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

So its just a clip show then, like the ones we've gotten in the past.

It always bugs me when they waste a week like this.

18. AgentPierce

AgentPierce Mad science FTW!

How the Hell do you figure that?

Unless they're fit in during Chapter N, which is a very real possibility. No-one ever said they have to air before it started.

19. TheSirPeras

TheSirPeras The end of an era

Awesome, preview from N saga, can't wait to see that! Also from the Genesect movie, this will be interesting, a good reason to not sleep during that night :p

20. HRRlion

HRRlion 2795 4358 7025

Can anyone else see some info on a new 'mon or hints at the next games during this? Last year there was that postcard or whatever saying ' lots more games in the main series this year ' so I'm thinking something akin to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.