• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Newb needs help. Right here >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okeydokey then.

So, I'm not a competitive battler. YET. I want to be, but I have one teensyweensy plobrem.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANYONE'S TALKING ABOUT.

If someone would be so kind as to tell me what all the terms mean, I'd be grateful beyond comprehension.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
You can start by telling us what exactly you don't understand. A lot of terms should be self-explanatory, though.

Why not begin by reading the first two articles here? If you've got any problems, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome to CRMT.

Ah, thanks for the link. Really, I just don't get what competitive battling IS.
Call me an unsophisticated n00b, but I just don't get how it works.

Although, there are a few terms I don't really understand. Like 'wall'. I get the gist, but what exactly IS a wall? Or a UU?

But like I said, thanks for the link. :)

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Walls refer to defensively-oriented Pokemon that can reliably take offensive hits and recover it off. For example, Skarmory can wall Weavile due to its high Defense stat/ Roost/ Resistance to one of Weavile's STABs. The current metagame, however, is built more around resistances than all-out walling, so conventional walling may not work well.

UU refers to the UnderUsed Pokemon that are not good enough for OverUsed. Examples include Pokemon such as Pinsir and Gastrodon, which are not as good as their OU counterparts Heracross and Swampert. You can look into the tier list if you like. If you make a UU team, you can expect to compete in a UU environment online at Shoddy. UU Pokemon can compete in UU, OU and Ubers, but OU Pokemon can only compete in OU and Ubers because they would otherwise break UU/ over-centralize it.

Gastrodon can wall about as good as Swamert, if not better due to Recover. Its just that Stealth Rocks and Roar give Swampert more utility in OU. Generally Gastrodon lasts much longer.

You both need to play more WoW.

Reno

so adorable...
Posting a thread isn't the way to do this. You post a thread when you have a team.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.