• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Newbie needs help with ou sandstorm

Gamertagzero

248.gif

This is my first team so please criticize to ur heats content i need help to get this team ready for a tournament at a anime convention

Ok, so sandstorm has been something i have looked into since i looked into the viability of my favorite Pokemon in competitive play (scizor) just to tell u how long its been i did not not syther evolved

Alright so this team is pretty much based around murder by entery hazards with one revenge killer, one sweeper, and the rest built to take a hit so here goes nothing

205.gif

Forretress (Hannibal) @leftovers
Trait: overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPD / 4 DEF
Nature: carefull
- Spikes
- toxic spikes
- Rapid spin
- Pain split

Alright so this guy not only gets ride of other entry hazards but has toxic spikes wich after double spikes can stall out the game with gliscor with sub/protect, he also gives me another way to set up spikes while having pain split to stay in long enough to be effective

Next up...

472.gif

Gliscor (Mad Murdoxx) @ Toxic orb
Trait:poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SPE / 40 DEF
Nature: jolly
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gliscor quickly became one of my favorites (tho i hate his first form) With his ability poison heal he can sub and protect for 38+ turns and stall like no other, the problem is if you cant get the set up off forrtress the chances of getting the toxic off and still being able to sub are slim without the toxic spike set up, Earthquake lets him deal with some of the fire types my team is typicality ran over by

Next up...

227.gif

skarmory (Faceman) @ Shed shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 251 Hp / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Nature: impish
- Stealth rock
- Roost
- whirlwind
- Brave Bird

This is my main way to deal with batton pass or any stall Pokemon with whirlwind, and lets me set up stealth rock to finish off my entry hazard set, with spikes, stealth rocks, sandstorm and toxic it does not take long for nearly any none steel type to fall fast, roost lets it stay on the field and brave bird gives it a offensive skill to beat on fighting types

Next up...

248.gif

Tyranitar (Dr.Love) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Spd / 76 Atk
Nature: Sassy
- Stone edge/earthquake
- Low kick
- Pursuit
- Fire Blasr

Tank-A-TAR is super hilarious, you brake open a fireblast against a steel type set up Pokemon like forrtress or skarmory it makes it all worth it ^_^. Stone edge lets me take care of some threats to my team like the frikin fire moth that likes to run over my team, however earthquake would let me deal with Sunny day set ups like Ninetails, pursuit lets me catch low hp Pokemon from getting away with no health and also lets me hit ghosts, Low kick lets me beat on other steel Pokemon and deal some nice damage to ferrathorn who's power whip can become a problem

Next up...

212.gif

scizor (Lady Death) @ Choice band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Nature:Adamant
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

The revenge killer and my fav poke, U-turn if i wana use him as a opener to get some damage in and hit venasaur's, bullet punch lets me get last hits in when i need it, pursuit lets me deal soem nice damage to any pokemon trying to switch away low, and superpower gived me a super high damage fighting skill that with choice band can 1 hit ko quite a few things

Next up...

448.gif

Sehr Gut! (Lucario) @ Life orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spe / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Nature: Adamant
- Sword dance
- Extreme speed
- Ice Punch
- close combat

Woot sweeper, so lucario is my teams sweeper, with high atk stats and speed i figured it fit well, sword dancing when u get a chance to 1 hko easier , extreme speed to get the first hit in case its a speed race for the win, ice punch to deal with dragon pokemon who might have gotten past the rest of my team, and of course close combat , a nice quick fighting atack to deal with a lot of probs,

So yiss, that's all I have, and I hope you Rate, Hate, and Steal.​

Last edited:

Casey13

Wow that's a lot of steel types. Maybe replace Lucario with Stoutland with Sand Rush and either Forretress or scizor with Hippowdon to help keep sandstorm up. If you keep Forretress lose pain split and put a attack on him or else ghost with taunt will shut him down. You could drop a spike and keep pain split I guess. I'm not a great battler though and these are just random thoughts.

Last edited:

Ilan

Genesect 6-0es doesn't even needs a rock polish. ANY fire type can make this team cry specially chandelure as lucario can't touch it only tyranitar but it won't last forever.
Why do you use overcoat on forretress? he is already immune to sand protect on gliscor is useless use ice fang. a special attacker also can beat your whole team bar tyranitar drop sakrmory at least for gastordon or jellicent or if you want phazing so much use vaporeon then put stealth rocks on forretress instead of one of the spikes.
tyranitar: first slot stone edge, superpower>low kick

Although not recommended iff you want to keep the stallish nature of this team use scarf ditto as some of your pokemon are set up baits.

-Fabian-

~!( ͡° _ʖ ͡°)!~
Forry-Ttar spike-SR core is not bad at all, but I'd totally recommend you to use max def 4 sdef on Forry, 252 HP and 252 SpDef on Ttar, and vswitch > tspikes for Forry (since you dont really need the tspikes, and vswitch is always useful, for example for Magnezone switchins). I also found out that u-turn gliscor is useful in this meta.
this is my set you could also run:
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost/Protect
If you want an offensive one you could use max-max adamant Gliscor @flying gem (sand veil). The team itself is ok, but you're a bit slow in general. I'd suggest a Sand Rush poke or a scarfer (maybe scarf terrakion instead of lucario).

And one last thing, you're pretty damn weak to (offensive) rain teams. Rotom-W and/or Lati@s help against that. If you need sets for one or both of those just PM me or so.

patthecat11756

Hey team looks good, just a few points.
1. Why overcoat as opposed to sturdy on forretress? Pain split plus sturdy work well. And since your team is so reliant on hazards, perhaps volt switch and a sassy nature on forretress so that it can escape magnezone?
2. Impish nature on gliscor, evs/moveset is good.
3.typical skarm, no complaints.
4. For ttar, maybe a slight moveset change of fire blast/ice beam/pursuit/stone edge? Your team has no way to hit opposing gliscor, unfortunately lucario isn't reliable enough with ice punch. It'll be ohko by earthquake while I believe it'll fqil to ohko with lo ice punch.
5.scizor is good.
6. Lucario is good, id recommend changing inner focus to justified to get the plus 1 to its attack.

Overall, your team doesn't have a dedicated special wall, ttars bulky but can't take too many mach punches and bullet punches tbh. I would say to try sp def amoongus/gastrodon. Amoongus can spore enemies, and has access to giga drain and regen to replenish hp and can take the fighting/electric attacks. Gastrodon has access to recover and is immune to water attacks and resists rock attacks. I would recommend taking a look at how your team synergizes and you'll see fire and water are you're biggest issues, ie drought and drizzle, both of which affect ttars usability.

Personally, id recommend a slowbro/amoongus/heatran defensive core I think you'll see much better use from a fwg core. Ttar would trap the latis. A good rapid spinner like forretress is good. It'll attract the fire moves for slowbro/heatran and ttar which they resist. As for a cleanup poke maybe landorus-I with hp ice/eq/se and u turn. hell get the boost to his sandstorm moves and can tank some fighting and bug attacks aimed at ttar. My suggestion completely changes your team altogether which isn't fair to you. Just keep the roles I listed in mind when working on your team. Good luck at your con!

Atrocious

I'd swap Toxic Spikes for Volt Switch on Forretress as TS has become well, unreliable in this Gen compared to 4th gen with Tentacruel becoming ever more popular. Second of all, I saw someone suggest it but replace Lucario with probably CB Stoutland. With Sand Rush, it hits over 500 Speed paired with a near 500 Atk with CB firing off STAB Returns is amazing dealing heavy damage to everything that doesn't resist it.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
One thing really which screams out is t-tar. Fire blast? Although I can't see your ev spread t-tar is more physically inclined and that's a special attack plus it's power will weakened with sandstorm like soler beams is if I'm not mistaken?

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Fire blast? Although I can't see your ev spread t-tar is more physically inclined and that's a special attack plus it's power will weakened with sandstorm like soler beams is if I'm not mistaken?

I have 2 things to say to this.

1. Special attacks like Fire Blast are fine on T-Tar. Remember Boah from 3rd gen? Destroyed stall teams, almost every T-Tar ever back then? Yeah. Fire Blast is perfectly fine as a Ferro/Forry counter.
2. Fire Blast does not get weaker in the sand.

As far as the team goes, I haven't played Sand in forever but one of my favorites was always LO CM Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus mainly shines in Trick Room, but it can be an absolute beast in any conditions simply due to its ability. Magic Guard negates all non-attack damage. LO recoil? What's that? Sandstorm? It doesn't care. Poison and Burn are like bad jokes. Hazard damage? Pshaw. A Pokemon with Magic Guard is like the honey badger of the Pokemon world. And Reuniclus has recovery, very nice bulk, access to Calm Mind which boosts its Special bulk and already-impressive SpA stat. Psyshock gets you through Chansey and Blissey and Focus Miss *ahem* Focus BLAST deals with annoying stuff like Ferro, Forry, Scizor, Genesect, opposing T-Tar and Lucario 70% of the time. Which is 30% less than I would like. But still. It's perfectly usable.

Regarding the team as shown:

Forretress: Definitely Sturdy over Overcoat, and perhaps Volt Switch instead of Pain Split for scouting purposes. 252 SpD still won't save you from Fire moves, so maybe dump those into Def and leave the remaining 4 in SpD? But if it's working for you the way you have it, stick to that. I use Ferro usually, not very familiar with Forry.

Gliscor: Classic Poison Heal. I got no suggestions here

Skarmory: This.... I'd recommend removing. You have a massive Fire weakness and no Special wall. Maybe try SpD Heatran?

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Calm Nature
Evs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar

It's a bit of a modification from your standard Tran, but I was trying to keep this thing doing what Skarmory did in setting up Rocks and phazing, which required removing the status move. Anyway, Lava Plume is so you aren't Taunt bait while also being a nice attack with a cool 30% Burn chance so you do have a status, however unreliable it may be, Stealth Rock is pretty self-explanatory, best move in the game, best hazard available, etc. Protect scouts and handles the rare High Jump Kick and the like. Roar phazes and racks up hazard damage while also spreading your poison around. Flash Fire gives you a Fire immunity and a +1 to SpA to use with Lava Plume.

Tyranitar: All I can say is use both Stone Edge and EQ for EdgeQuake coverage and do not use Low Kick. EQ hits the Steel-types plenty hard.

Scizor: Classic Scizor is classic. And predictable. But still very solid. No comments.

Lucario: Justified. Your Lucario won't be taking too many Fake Outs. Nor will it be fighting a ParaFlinch Rachi. At least it shouldn't be when you have Heatran. Use Justified. That is all I have to say on the standard Swords Dance Lucario.

Last edited: