• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Newbie Question

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Okay, usually, whenever I try to post a pic on here, I click on the 'image' button.

But, as soon as the post gets made, the picture just shows up as a link and not as a picture. O_O

For example, here's a picture:

PokemonTrainerLisa

For some reason, it's a link.

So, what's going on? Is there a way I can fix it so that the picture actually shows up as a picture (and not as a link)?

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Okay, so basically, you're telling me that using Photobucket doesn't work on these forums?

Aww......

That sucks, cause ALL of my pics are saved on Photobucket.

Oh well, I guess if I wanna post a pic on here, whichever one I'm posting I'll have to upload it onto Imageshack or something. X_X

Last edited:
A

Aiko ♪

You could resave your pics into your folder,and then host em on imageshack.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
You need
tags. However, I'm not an expert. But I know you need those.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Yeah, and that's exactly what I don't understand about this.

I mean, it puts the image tags on there, so the picture should just show up.

Anyway, I just really wanted this to work, because I was hoping that I could post some pics on the Anime Picture Caption Thread......:(

For the Anime pictures you need to use [IMG139] Tags. If you join a user group, you can post images like that anywhere.

Thriller

Its almost time
Actually in some sections you can't post IMG stuff. I do see people evade it however but I don't know how.

Cacophony

Photobucket works just fine here, so don't worry about switching over to Imageshack or anything.

Judging from the link you posted, I'd say the problem lies with the url that you're putting between the image tags. What you posted technically links to an album, and not the actual picture itself. Hopefully that makes sense?

You know how it is when you're looking through the album with several pictures to choose from? There are three bars underneath each picture, labeled Url, Tag, and Img. What you want to do is copy the text found in the bar next to "Url" and paste it between the tags in your post. Then it should show up like you're wanting it to.

Keep in mind that this may not work if what Gouryujiin said is true about not being able to post images in certain sections. In any case, I hope this helps.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Oh, okay.

Thanks for the help, Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix, Gouryujiin, and Cacophony. ^^

Yeah, I'll do that next time, Cacophony. :)

Oh, and thanks for the info, Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix. I'll have to remember to that number with the IMG.