• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Newly discovered protein named after Pikachu

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
Quite an interesting article. I think it's interesting that it's an extracellular protein (not contained in a cell) and yet it is vital for our vision. I wonder what would happen if I gave a pikachu some of that stuff...

mastergeorge

The Swaginator
Thats interesting!
I bet we will see pkmn haters flaming agianst the name of the protein. I can't wait. (<--Sarcasm)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Thats interesting!
I bet we will see pkmn haters flaming agianst the name of the protein. I can't wait. (<--Sarcasm)

oh yeah, the pokemon haters i kinda forgot those, that sure will make a nice mess. but a pikachu protein? i didn't saw this coming, i really hope they will name one after dragonite or even me too.

the idea only, thijsulin^^
i'm a nice guy so why not?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Urgh, why'd they have to name it after Pikachu, why not a decent pokemon >_<.

When I go to Siberia and re-discover mammoths I'm gonna call the new species Mammuthus mamoswinus (LOL).

Last edited:
Urgh, why'd they have to name it after Pikachu, why not a decent pokemon >_<.

When I go to Siberia and re-discover mammoths I'm gonna call the new species Mammuthus mamoswinus (LOL).

Pikachu is a truly awesome Pokémon. It wouldn't be fair for any other Pokémon to enter the medical dictionary but him. How can you honestly hate Pikachu?