• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Newly released Anime BGM

Blazing Charmander

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMCP-5452

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/cd/203

This is just too awesome! As many of you know, a fair amount of the BGM from the Anime had been unreleased until now. This new CD - TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010, has finally answered our prayers and released most of the remixed video game music that appears in the Anime, which means we can now listen to the likes of the Kanto Trainer Battle ver.2, Gym themes and the DP Wild Battle music.

Discuss. :)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I heard about this months ago and I already ordered my copy since I love the anime's BGM. I have the first CD which contains the Kanto music and I know there was a second CD for Hoenn and Johto music but I can't find that one. I'm loving the idea of having some of the best tracks from the last 13 years all in one convenient CD collection :)

Blazing Charmander

Very old news. We've known this was coming out since the beginning of summer.

Um... I know this is 'very old news' as I even discussed it elsewhere a few months ago! Seeing as it was released on the 8th though and there wasn't a thread for discussion on it, I thought i'd bring it to the attention of those who might have let it slip to the back of their minds or didn't even know about it.

The fact of the matter is that i'm not posting this as news, but rather putting it forward for discussion now it's been released and we know for definite that the track listing includes previously unreleased and highly anticipated tracks.

What made you think that the news-worthiness of the CD was the be-all and end-all of this thread? :/

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I've gotten my hands on this, and it's great. Even aside from the fact that it's normally nearly impossible to find anime BG music! Just being able to hear all the anime version of game battles tracks is wonderful, since all the anime remixes of battle themes are damned good. And I guess most of the generic background pieces are nice too. Now if only we could get a CD for all of the new background tracks from DP...I know this had some of those, but I can think of a few tracks that didn't make the cut for some reason or another.

Kabuto

little punks!
See? This is exactly why I can't stand to watch the Pokemon dub. PUSA is an improvement, but it's still nothing compared to the Japanese version. Give me these tunes any day.

Examples I personally love are the inclusion of both rival themes, the trainer battle 2 remix, route 27, ancient pokemon battle, the aqua/magma theme and some I haven't even heard (like the abandoned ship)

Last edited:

SmartD

I listened to a few tracks of this CD. They're pretty good. The Hoenn Elite Four battle music is the best on the CD.

Kabuto

little punks!
You know, listening to all the (Awesome!) tracks, I wonder why there weren't as many new tracks in DP as there were in AG. I mean, I know they use the movie OST, which is great, but it's still curious. I mean theres lots of songs they could have mixed like Dialga/Palkia battle, Cyrus battle, Cynthia battle: but chose not to.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Omg guys, my copy of the CD just arrived in the mail and the music is fantasic! I was just hit by a wave of nostalgia. I've only heard the first few tracks so far since I transferred them to my ipod, but the Oldale Town and Petalburg City BGM is amazing; the anime version is really the best so far, better than the ingame versions. The good thing about the anime music CD is that, unlike the first one from the 90s that only had Kanto BGM, this one doesn't cut off to an annoying narration after the song is finished. The songs start and end without any annoying interruption! I highly recommend this shiz, it's the best so far ^_^

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I want this, but I don't have a working CD player. I'd totally buy this thing off iTunes.

LKH9

UberN00b
I can't buy things online, so I just downloaded the whole album from a guy in Youtube. I had been looking for the Ecruteak anime theme that I heard at the end of the Raikou movie, now they finally release it. The Gym theme from disc 2 is awesome. I listen to them over and over again. The front cover with the Pikachu is cute.