• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next 2 DVD's Dates announced

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Well as everyone should know by now that Pokemon Advanced Challenge Volumes 1 and 2 are out. But by looking at DVD Aficionado the other day apparently Volumes 3 and 4 are set to be released November 29th i believe. The Titles are I think 3 is Fight for the Fight for the Meteorite No Cover Yet and 4 is Manetric Charge Cover is Manetric and Delcatty
And the Pokemon Advance Box Set with episodes up To Brave the Wave is to be released on October 25th.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I think most people already knew that, but the Pokémon Advanced Box Set is news to my ears!

The only problem is though I've bought the first 3 volumes of the original 5 ep dvd's so I'm gonna have to think of a way round if I'm gonna get those now instead, if there's any point of course.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Damn, I already have a lot of Advance DVDs and now they release a boxset? Crap.

What 4kids should do is package all the 1st and 3rd season DVDs and make boxsets for THOSE seasons.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Yeah it was advertised on a back phamplet on The Advanced Challenge Dvds. Plus a special feature on both DVD's was the description of the 5 episodes. Personally since Advanced Challenge is my favorite season of Advanced besides some upcoming eps in Advanced Battle i will get all the Dvds.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Or just wait for the boxset for them.

I don't think 4kids are going to ever release a 1 or 3 season boxset since it's been so long since those episodes came out, that's why I'm buying some of three ep dvd's instead from ebay and stuff.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well it was a very long time since the Orange Islands and JLC yet they released those on DVD.

And since the 1st season is considered the original season, 4kids may re-release it in a collectors box set.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
And the Pokemon Advance Box Set with episodes up To Brave the Wave is to be released on October 25th.

Music to my ears! I really hope Best Buy will ship these ones in. I can't ind any Advanced DVDs where I am! But upto Brave the Wave? Isnt that like only 30 episodes?
Oh wait nvm I'll check it out myself, I'm really confused today..

P

PokeTrainer7783

I read that at BestBuy.com I think that they were coming out sometime in November. Sorry to get a little off topic but does anyone know when the boxset of Pokemon Advanced is gonna be released?

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Haunter Hunter Sohrab said:
Music to my ears! I really hope Best Buy will ship these ones in. I can't ind any Advanced DVDs where I am! But upto Brave the Wave? Isnt that like only 30 episodes?
Oh wait nvm I'll check it out myself, I'm really confused today..

There's two box sets, this is the first one which is what Swellow is talking about and the second one which will have the second set of episodes presumabley released sometime shortly after.

PokeTrainer7783 said:
I read that at BestBuy.com I think that they were coming out sometime in November. Sorry to get a little off topic but does anyone know when the boxset of Pokemon Advanced is gonna be released?

October 25th.

Faerie

MONS
Cool! More DVDs. 8D

...*twiddles thumbs* If they don't release Kyogre vs. Groudon on DVD after it comes out, I'll kill them...*shot for being off-topic*

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ It'll come to DVD, but probably not for 6 months after it debuts on TV.

At least 4kids is releasing practically the entire series on DVD. The main series, Pokemon Chronicles, and the movies are all on DVD.

They still need to repackage their 1st and 3rd season Dvds though...

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
They still need to repackage their 1st and 3rd season Dvds though...

About the 1st and 3rd season dvds.. How come they are so annoyingly expensive? I mean I think one dvd was for like $30 in Best Buy.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
The Advanced set is really weird. In order to have seven hours span three discs, they're going to have to put six episodes on a disc, which means that Viz isn't just sticking the first three volumes in a boxed set and calling it a day. So if they're going to the trouble to re-author these DVD's, why not just go ahead and put the whole season in one boxed set? I guess it kind of makes sense to spread it out since that's what they did with Master Quest, but it's still annoying.

It's also annoying that I actually have all the Advanced DVD's, meaning I can't take advantage of the savings that come with the boxed sets.

But hey, it's nice to see some HUMANS on the cover instead of Pikachu + some random pokemon featured in one of the episodes on the disc.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab said:
About the 1st and 3rd season dvds.. How come they are so annoyingly expensive? I mean I think one dvd was for like $30 in Best Buy.

Because they were released during a time when Viz knew that they could milk the franchise for all it was worth. Believe it or not, there was a time when parents would gladly pay $30 for a three-episode DVD.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Dogasu, what do you mean by humans on the front? You got a pic of them? :0

Advanced DVDs = Roxanne episodes. I'll buy the damned set just for that. ._. That, and there's a few episodes I haven't seen. :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Here's the tiniest pic I could find.

[img135]http://www.dvdaf-pics.com/thumbs/14/67014.gif[/img135]

Yay, May is finally on a DVD cover. :eek:

Jeez, why couldn't 4kids release this boxset sooner? Now I may hold off on buying the Advance Challenge DVDs because they'll probably repackage that too...

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
The only reason i bought volume 1 and 2 right now is because of Misty and the Zangoose episode.

P

PokeTrainer7783

CyberCubed said:
Here's the tiniest pic I could find.

[img135]http://www.dvdaf-pics.com/thumbs/14/67014.gif[/img135]

Yay, May is finally on a DVD cover. :eek:

Jeez, why couldn't 4kids release this boxset sooner? Now I may hold off on buying the Advance Challenge DVDs because they'll probably repackage that too...

That's a pretty nice cover at least people are on the cover instead of Pokemon. :D despite the small size. :D

Freedom

Pokeman
I want Master Quest boxsets because the artwork on those boxes are amazing and MQ was my favourite season but I've already got all of the episodes on tape except for a few.

The Advance box looks nice as well but the Master Quest box was 10 times better I think.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
If I had money, I would buy all of these on DVD, but I only have $30.

How much does the Master Quest Box Set cost anyway?

~Scott;229;