• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Gen Console Wars Discussion/Speculation Thread

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
The 8th/next gen(post 360, PS3, Wii)console wars are fast approaching so I figured now would be a good time to create a discussion for the topic.

Here are the general specs for all
Current Gen Consoles-

Nintendo's Wii- Released on November 19, 2006
24.45 million units shipped as of March 31, 2008
Specs:
CPU-IBM "Broadway"
GPU-ATI "Hollywood"
Memory Options: 512 MB Flash Storage Capacity- standard all models.
Also supports SD Card storage, Gamecube Memory Cards
Formats Supported:8cm Gamecube and 12cm Wii Optical Discs
Wifi/Bluetooth out of the box
Controllers: Wii Remote, Wii Balance Board, Gamecube Controllers, Wii Remote Add-ons: Classic Controller, Nunchaku
Additional Features:
Connectivity to Nintendo DS via Bluetooth,
Wii Connect24(hrs) online updating when in standby,
Standard Motion Sensing through Wii Remote interface

Microsoft's Xbox 360- Released on November 22, 2005
19 million sold as of April 25, 2008
Specs:
CPU-3.2 GHz PPC Tri-core Xenon
GPU-500 MHz ATI Xenos
Memory Options: Originally had a 20GB model and 40 GB model, 40 GB discontinued for 120 GB.
Also supports 64 MB and 512 MB memory cards.
Formats Supported: 12cm Standard Dual Layered DVD and CD
Also supports 400+ Original Xbox games through online service updates.
Controller: Standard Xbox 360 Controllers, Wireless and Wired with Controller Add-ons: XBL Headset Wired and Wireless, Charge Kit Charger and USB Plug

Sony's PS3- Released November 11, 2006

12.8 Million Sold as of March 31, 2008
Specs:
CPU-3.2 GHz Cell Broadband Engine with 1 PPE and 7 SPEs
GPU-NVIDIA SCEI "RSX"
Memory Options: Originally available in 20 GB or 60 GB Hard Drives, but is now currently available in 40GB (This may be inaccurate-correct me if needed)
Formats Supported: 12 cm Blue Ray Disc, DVD, CD (Supports PSX and PS2 formats also)
Controller: Standard Playstation 3 Six-axis Controller (Wire(d)less?), Sony Dualshock v.3 Controller.
Controller Add-ons:-

At a glance, I can definitely say that Nintendo will need to step up to the proverbial "Graphics Wars" the next time around, otherwise Sony and Microsoft will more than likely copy and perfect the motion sensing success that is the Wii- leaving Nintendo in the dust.

Go ahead and discuss.... if any corrections need to be made on my specs/statistics let me know. I simply used Wikipedia as the resource so they could be incorrect.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
What about the Guitar Hero add-on for the Wii?

And don't forget about the shitty games being slopped on the Wii's shelves.

Bleh. Maybe the companies created the console war but the stupid ****ing fanboys decided to make it that much bigger. Yes the Wii is winning it and there's no way Microsoft/Sony will catch up b/c they're not as revolutionary.

But honestly I don't care about the console war. Just get your system(s) and be happy.