• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Hyper class opponents?

who could be next hyper class opponent?

• Total voters

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Paul or bust!It's been a long time coming for this guy to make his return and get his revenge on Ash.Give the guy all the new shiny toys like Mega Evolution,Z-Move and Gigantamax.He'd take full advantage of them the same way he did with status moves,abilities,switching,entry hazards and type advantage.If this doesn't come true then at least bring back the Pyramid King Brandon.Wouldn't mind hearing another one of his NOs.

deliaketchum

Paul or bust!It's been a long time coming for this guy to make his return and get his revenge on Ash.Give the guy all the new shiny toys like Mega Evolution,Z-Move and Gigantamax.He'd take full advantage of them the same way he did with status moves,abilities,switching,entry hazards and type advantage.If this doesn't come true then at least bring back the Pyramid King Brandon.Wouldn't mind hearing another one of his NOs.
They could make ash loose to paul so he enters masters class. Then, Ash can defeat him in master class before he beat cynthia finally. That way they could tie loose ends in dp saga.

Brandon is unlikely as he gave up his regi trio. Maybe he could introduce new regis.

Apart from these 2, only elite 4 would make sense if they want to show ash progressing towards defeating cynthia.

ZarudeSandstorm

paul

this is what i hope

bea rank 31st: ash wins final pokemon are grapploct vs lucario(mega) maybe ash is rank 22nd after that

paul rank 20th: ash wins ( i doubt ash will lose to paul) ash is rank 16th after that)
after this maybe 1 or two more battles until ash is Top 8.
maybe brandon being rank 15th and Ash is in 10th and then needs to beat e4 to get in top 8 like flint(flint is eighth). ash vs flint.
after that ash is in top 8.

Psajdak

I honestly thought of Sabrina before entering the thread.

She always seemed like one of the most interesting characters in anime.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think Diantha will be saved for Master Class. I could see Ash battling Paul or another Sinnoh GL like Candice or Maylene since they were popular.
I would say any Sinnoh GL weaker than Volkner would not make much sense.
One of the E4 or Palmer, on the other sense, would keep Sinnoh hype going and would make sense from a narrative perspective.

I would say other Sinnoh FB but as BDSP seems only to have the Battle Tower chances of Getting Thorton, Argenta, Darach od Dalhia or close to nothing.

I'm assuming Volkner did not mention Flint at all, right? If so it's a huge missed opportunity.

Neverteless, we should get at least one Ash vs E4 fight in Hyper Class.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie, definitely Lillie with her Alolan Vulpix since they fit that female silhouette the best out of any character from the anime unless its another new cotd that shouldn't be needed

deliaketchum

Does anyone think silhouette could be morty since he is strongest ghost gym leader. If they are going the route of strongest gym leaders then this could be choices Strongest gym leaders

Leonhart

Imagineer
Does anyone think silhouette could be morty since he is strongest ghost gym leader. If they are going the route of strongest gym leaders then this could be choices Strongest gym leaders
Matsuba isn't the strongest Ghost-type Gym Leader though, either in the games or anime. In the anime he gave Satoshi a challenge, but so did basically every Jouto Gym Leader. Melissa was arguably a bigger challenge for Satoshi in DP since Satoshi had to figure a way to deflect Hypnosis which took several episodes, and she also used Ghost-types.

deliaketchum

Matsuba isn't the strongest Ghost-type Gym Leader though, either in the games or anime. In the anime he gave Satoshi a challenge, but so did basically every Jouto Gym Leader. Melissa was arguably a bigger challenge for Satoshi in DP since Satoshi had to figure a way to deflect Hypnosis which took several episodes, and she also used Ghost-types.
Yes fantina is stronger but I meant strongest gym leader from each region. If they showed sinnoh then why not strongest from other regions?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Yes fantina is stronger but I meant strongest gym leader from each region. If they showed sinnoh then why not strongest from other regions?
Going by this logic Clair would still be the strongest. Ash needed his top 3 Pokemon at the time (Charizard, Snorlax, Pikachu to beat her). Seriously, though I see Falkner as second strongest (as he was the only other Johto GL against whom Ash used mostly his Kanto Team members).

Who would be the strongest GL from other regions, anime based?

Roxie seems strong as hell, Sabrina might work for Kanto.

deliaketchum

Who would be the strongest GL from other regions, anime based?

Roxie seems strong as hell, Sabrina might work for Kanto.
I dont think roxie after ash defeating iris. Sabrina is most likely as ash never defeated her. Clair would be same as iris both drsgon type. Norman from hoenn could be possible.
I think they should go e4 or frontier brain route to show competition.
Brandon/paul or Palmer/Barry could appear.
Tyson or Harrison would be interesting as well.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I dont think roxie after ash defeating iris. Sabrina is most likely as ash never defeated her. Clair would be same as iris both drsgon type. Norman from hoenn could be possible.
I think they should go e4 or frontier brain route to show competition.
Brandon/paul or Palmer/Barry could appear.
Tyson or Harrison would be interesting as well.
I filmy agree starting E4 would make most sense.

Leonhart

Imagineer
And why exactly would we assume that Matsuba, the fourth Gym Leader in the Jouto line-up, would be the strongest from his respective region? Satoshi had a much harder time beating Ibuki as she was the final Jouto Gym Leader [even going as far as relying on Kabigon and Lizardon], so it would make far more sense for her to return if you're assuming that only the strongest Gym Leader of each region can return.

And on that note, I'd just like to say that Corni returning earlier in the series was almost certainly due to her popularity rather than just her skill level.