• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokémon Thread V2 ~ AKA The Freakin' Capture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

I think they gave him Espeon because they didn't want to spoil what Ash was going to catch in the Johto saga of the anime and giving the most powerful trainer in the game another Muk, Tauros or Kingler(which the player has seen 100s of by the time they reach this fight) would be boring

thunderblade12

I think they gave him Espeon because they didn't want to spoil what Ash was going to catch in the Johto saga of the anime and giving the most powerful trainer in the game another Muk, Tauros or Kingler(which the player has seen 100s of by the time they reach this fight) would be boring

Lucille

^good idea, but it would be cool if Ash got a Espeon, it could rival Gary's.

he does get cool ones, jeez, who do you think Pikachu is?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, are you joking. Pikachu is getting old. The only exciting Pokemon on Ash's team is Staravia. :3

thunderblade12

Gliscor is pretty cool, but so is Alakazam, Blastoise, Typhlosion, Blaziken, etc. and Ash never got one. I agree with Niedude, Espeon advertises for the 2nd generation so, at this point, Ash probably has better chances of getting an Arceus than an Espeon or any other pokemon from gen. 1-3 unless they gain an evolution in future generations. An evolution of an Eeveelution? It will never happen..they would have to evolve EVERY one of Eevee's evolutions, it wouldn't be fair to just give Espeon an evolution and not Leafeon, Vaporeon and the others.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
he does get cool ones, jeez, who do you think Pikachu is?

The mascot of the pokemon Universe, thats who.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, are you joking. Pikachu is getting old. The only exciting Pokemon on Ash's team is Staravia. :3

Bias apart, your on the right track.

Gliscor is pretty cool, but so is Alakazam, Blastoise, Typhlosion, Blaziken, etc. and Ash never got one. I agree with Niedude, Espeon advertises for the 2nd generation so, at this point, Ash probably has better chances of getting an Arceus than an Espeon or any other pokemon from gen. 1-3 unless they gain an evolution in future generations. An evolution of an Eeveelution? It will never happen..they would have to evolve EVERY one of Eevee's evolutions, it wouldn't be fair to just give Espeon an evolution and not Leafeon, Vaporeon and the others.

Thank you for agreeing with me, and I must say I thought the exact same thing.

If Ash had to have Espeon, Espeon would need an evolution, and fr it to have an evolution all the others would have to, and I think it would overkill Eevee if you ask me.

I was happy with it having five evolutions, too.

Conclusion: Ash wont have non relevant older gen pokemon, besides his pikachu.

Lucille

they could just find a way to give a Eevee a Pre.Evo, then all the others would be part of three part chain

niedude

Don't forget to grin
they could just find a way to give a Eevee a Pre.Evo, then all the others would be part of three part chain

This isnt the "Create your ow anything" thread, if you want to create a pre evo that will never happen go there.

*Reported*

As of now, the only eeveelutions ash could own are Glaceon and Leafeon.

Since he ha a grass type, Glaceon would be the most likely.

Oh wait, May has one...

Guess that rules any and all eeveelutions for Ash this gen :)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It's very unlikely that Ash catch any eevelution at this point. Well, at least, if have a Johto BF or whatever filler arc after Sinnoh, always have a chance for him catch past gen pokemon. In BF, he could use only pikachu, grovyle/sceptile, corphish and swellow, but the writers gave phanpy him back and evolved it. And don't forget aipom (even with its 4th generation evolved form). He could get another 3rd gen pkm, but didn't catch. Personally, I prefer Ash catch new pkm, not old, but always have a chance.

Last edited:

Lucille

This isnt the "Create your ow anything" thread, if you want to create a pre evo that will never happen go there.

*Reported*

As of now, the only eeveelutions ash could own are Glaceon and Leafeon.

Since he ha a grass type, Glaceon would be the most likely.

Oh wait, May has one...

Guess that rules any and all eeveelutions for Ash this gen :)

someone said that Ash would never get a Espeon because it's an older pokemon, right? I said IF Eevee had a pre evo, Ash could get one. So It does belong here because I said Ash's next Pokemon could be a pre form of Eevee.

richard

Fire Master
As much as I love to see Ash with an Espeon to cover his psychic type, it might not happen unless there is a saga. But I believe Espeon is already done to death with Sakura and Anabel. Now Pokemon Platinum is giving Lucian an Espeon, if he have one in the series.

But I don't really care if he gets one or not, but it would be really cool if he had one.

How is Espeon "Done to death" as you say? Three trainers with them? Thats not even close to the records set by Arcanine, Mightyena and Steelix!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It makes me laugh how so many people still say "new region, new pokemon ONLY"

BUT....

*May obtained Bulbasaur in Hoenn...

*Brocks Bonsly evolved to Sudowoodo...It wouldnt have evolved if they wanted only Sinnoh pokemon in Sinnoh...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^the flaw is that yes while Bonsly evolved into an older guy it was still a new gen so it's exceptional, the same applies to happani if it should evolve into Chansey and Blissey it was at least a new guy at some point.

At this point the only way an old guys getting cuaght is if it has a new gen evolution like Gligar, aipom and Yanma.

thunderblade12

I've always wanted Ash to get a Cubone and a Kecleon..
But when a generation ends you shouldn't get your hopes up about any of the main characters catching a pokemon from it. One of the rivals may randomly get it, but then it won't be seen much or developed at all. Theres always a slim chance that the pokemon might get a pre-evolution, evolution or split evolution in a future generation but even then theres a chance that it won't be caught. No point in saying he will get pokemon that don't even exist yet. What are people gonna say if Ash doesn't get Riolu in DP? "They're probably gonna make a Lucario evolution someday Ash will still catch one!!!!!"

thunderblade12

I've always wanted Ash to get a Cubone and a Kecleon..
But when a generation ends you shouldn't get your hopes up about any of the main characters catching a pokemon from it. One of the rivals may randomly get it, but then it won't be seen much or developed at all. Theres always a slim chance that the pokemon might get a pre-evolution, evolution or split evolution in a future generation but even then theres a chance that it won't be caught. No point in saying he will get pokemon that don't even exist yet. What are people gonna say if Ash doesn't get Riolu in DP? "They're probably gonna make a Lucario evolution someday Ash will still catch one!!!!!"

richard

Fire Master
How is Espeon "Done to death" as you say? Three trainers with them? Thats not even close to the records set by Arcanine, Mightyena and Steelix!

Some people might think that.:3 Espeon was also used in the Latias/Latios movie and I think a chronicles episode. But that just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.