• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokémon Thread V2 ~ AKA The Freakin' Capture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucille

I think that during the filler, Dawn will leave to travel around Hoenn, with Nando and Zoey, and seeing how strong Piplup is and that it could use a lot of training, gives it to Ash to train.

mikau12

I think that during the filler, Dawn will leave to travel around Hoenn, with Nando and Zoey, and seeing how strong Piplup is and that it could use a lot of training, gives it to Ash to train.

I could definitely see Dawn going to Hoenn after the series, but I don't know about giving Piplup to Ash. I mean, it's her starter Pokemon. The only crazy thing that I could see possibly happening, and please don't flame me, but I think after Ash kicks Paul's *** in the League, Paul might realize that he's training his Pokemon the wrong way and change his ways. Then maybe Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape will rejoin Paul. Very unlikely though.

Here's what I think:

Ash:
;025; obvious
;388; I really want Turtwig to evolve, but it probably won't go all the way
;392; I think Chimchar will go all the way to kick Paul's ***
;398; Staravia will most definitely evolve, all of Ash's bird Pokemon have
;418; Probably won't evolve, but if it does, it won't be until the end of the series or the filler saga
;472; Probably going to stay in the team for a while, I'm glad Ash got it, it's so badass
;447; gets egg from Iron Island, will hatch when he gets to the League, may evolve in the filler

Dawn:
;393; I want it to evolve, but it probably won't for a while
;417; probably not going anywhere
;428; I can definitely see Buneary evolving
;424; probably will stay for a while, but I think Dawn will leave it with Oak before she leaves
;473; why else would she get Swinub?
;470; I think it would fit Dawn, but probably unlikely because they're past the Moss Rock

Brock:
;185; glad he got it, it really fits him, and it fits into the Rock type leader thing
;453; also cool, it fits Brock well, but I don't think it'll evolve any time soon
;440; fits the whole breeder thing, seems to suit Brock, don't think it'll evolve for a while
;458; now that it's been brought up, I think it would suit Brock and it fits the breeder thing
;465; I think it would really fit Brock

I must say that I'm very happy with Brock's and Ash's teams so far.

Last edited:

Lucille

why can't you see Piplup with Ash? It suits him and his pokemon. Piplup is stubborn and powerful and can hold it's own in tough battles. Plus, I didn't say that Ash would keep Piplup, just that he would train it

Araleon

Chill
Well, it loves Dawn. People rarely part with their starter. Ash never left Pikachuu, May never left Blaziken, Tracey never left his, Gary never left Blastoise, etc. Brpck and TR are the rare case. Wasn't Misty's starter her Steryu not her Starmie? If so, then she never left it. You get my point?

If Dawn had chosen a different starter, then Ash could've gotten Piplup, but she won't leave Piplup. They are wayyy too close. And why do people think Dawn's Buneary will no evolve and follow Ash to the 5th gen? If it gets anything next Gen it would be a split evo for males, but I hope they don't do that yet. I think Buneary will evolve and get over Pikachu. Maybe she'll falll for Brock's Croagunk or Dawn's Piplup(I like Chirushipping. Even more if they are both fully evolved.).

Like I've said before, next catch should be Brock getting a Tangela, imo. Next evo should be Chimchar. Then Buizel. Then Staravia. Then Monferno. Dawn's next evo will be Buneary or Swinub. Then Piloswine. Then Piplup. Brock's will be Tangela. and maybe Happiny.

thunderblade12

Just because Piplup is mascot-ish it doesn't mean Ash will get just so it can remain in the main cast. What if the 5th gen. girl turns one of the 5th gen. starters into a mascot, and then the 6th and then 7th? If that continues then Ash would end up having a team full of mascots and would never be able to catch pokemon of his own. Piplup is Dawn's starter..I can't see her just giving it away (besides..we don't need anymore Piplup..if it doesn't evolve during Dawn's run then it should be evolved when Dawn makes a cameo in the 5th gen.)

Lucille

I didn't mean that Piplup would stay because it's a mascot, did I? I just can see Ash and Piplup together more then Dawn and Piplup is all, And just because it's her starter does not mean she wouldn't get rid of it, May hated her Torchic untill it evolved.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I didn't mean that Piplup would stay because it's a mascot, did I? I just can see Ash and Piplup together more then Dawn and Piplup is all, And just because it's her starter does not mean she wouldn't get rid of it, May hated her Torchic untill it evolved.

she didnt hate Torchic at all! she just favoured Beautifly...

and sorry, but Piplup for Ash is the must stupid thing i've ever heard...

GeminiDragon

I AM THE NIGHT!!!

I couldnt see Piplup with ash anyway cause piplup isnt really the battle type and besides it would get completely outcalssed by buizel.

water_pkmn_fan

Well, I haven't done this in awhile, so here's how I think/want the Sinnoh League to end.

Ash: ;025;;398;;388;;392;;418;;472;;447;

Dawn: ;393;;428;;417;;424;;473;;421;

Brock: ;185;;453;;113;;465;

Ash - Well, obviously Pikachu won't evolve. I think Starly evolved early into Staravia because the writers have plans of evolving it into Staraptor. Turtwig needs to evolve soon, and hopefully it will gain a personality aswell. Chimchar seemed to be set up to evolve all the way, but considering the writers have done barely anything with him I'm not so sure anymore, but I'm still hoping... I think Buizel will be like Bulbasaur, it want's to prove itself as a Buizel. I'm want Gliscor is kept throughout Sinnoh but left at Oak's after the league. What I'm hoping is Ash get's the Riolu egg, it hatches and then he leaves it at Oak's until the filler saga.

Dawn - I doubt Piplup will evolve, simple as that. Buneary should evolve anytime now, I mean it appears to be happy... Pachirisu should stay on her team as long as it does something, because right now I'm wondering if it was ecretly released. Ambipom is done. I'm guessing Swinub was caught to showcase Mammoswine, so it will hopefully go all the way. And I'm also hoping she catches a Cherubi that evolves into Cherrim. I think it could be pretty interesting.

Brock - Sudowoodo is done. Croagunk is great as it is right now, evolving it would completely ruin it's personality. I want Happiny to evolve, and then hopefully it will battle. And lastly, I would love to see him catch Tangela and for it to evolve into Tangrowth, I think it fit's him very nicely.

tee tee

Illussions Shattered
I think Dawn should get a Cherubi also that has a shy personality and when it evolves it will still have the shy personality. Cherrim comes out when the sun is out,but this specific one that Dawn has stays cooped up in it's petals. Then they give her and Cherrim some bonding time through a couple of episodes to get it to breakaway from the shy phase it's going through.

Just a thought.

Lucille

I think Dawn shouldn't get any new Pokemon untill maybe either the filler or for a cameo during the 5th Gen.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I think Dawn shouldn't get any new Pokemon untill maybe either the filler or for a cameo during the 5th Gen.

Well what you think doesnt seem to make much sense now does it?

Dawn might or not catch a new pokemon, but she wont give away piplup, period.

And, just so you know, out of all the starters Ash could have caught this generation, piplup would be one that would fit him less.

Ash uses fast pokemon, remember? When was the last time Piplup showed any speed?
Never, thats when :)

Even Turtwig is super fast.

Lucille

Well what you think doesnt seem to make much sense now does it?

Dawn might or not catch a new pokemon, but she wont give away piplup, period.

And, just so you know, out of all the starters Ash could have caught this generation, piplup would be one that would fit him less.

Ash uses fast pokemon, remember? When was the last time Piplup showed any speed?
Never, thats when :)

Even Turtwig is super fast.

Snorlax and Torkoal? There not fast...

richard

Fire Master
Snorlax and Torkoal? There not fast...

If I remember correctly, I believe there were a few episodes where Snorlax and Torkoal were moving fast.

When Snorlax sees food, it will definitely move fast.

richard

Fire Master
Snorlax is very fast, considering the size of it...and if i remember correctly, Torkoal is a great dodger...

Yeah, I do remember Torkoal dodging very good. If it has trouble dodging, it always goes into its shell. Snorlax can really move.

As for Piplup for Ash, I probably can't see that happening. They will always give him the grass starter.

richard

Fire Master
he did have all the starters from Kanto and Johto though

That is true, but the writers decided not to give him all the Hoenn starters this time. Even all the Sinnoh starters. After how all the starters Ash has so far were treated, I see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.