• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokémon Thread V2 ~ AKA The Freakin' Capture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

I think it's pretty obvious who won't leave when the BF rolls around:

Pikachu
Monferno
Grotle
Staraptor
Piplup
Buneary
Mamoswine
Croagunk
Happiny

That all seems likely. I'm not to sure about Buneary though, I think there's a pretty good chance it could be leaving.

And yeah, there are no patterns.

The writers have the characters catch the starters and depending on how popular they are, they decide whether they're going to evolve it into a "cool" powerhouse pokemon or continue to pimp it's cute, popular, plushie-seeling baby form.

Ludicodaniel

<-If only it was red
For me, this is what I'd like to see:

End of Sinnoh Leauge:
No change to current. We won't have another shared with Paul pokemon (Torterra), nor will Chimchar evolve until after Ash beats Paul with it.

Pokemon to see usage in Filler:
Pikachu
Staraptor
Noctowl
Grotle/Torterra (I forsee Sceptile being given a rest)
Charizard (Obvious, Charizard is a Fan Favorite)
Totodile/Croconaw
Cyndaquil/Quilava
Bayleef/Meganium
Monferno (NOW Chimmy will evo, with Cyndaquil/Totdo taking over it's place)
Heracross
Donphan

Why all the 2nd Gen? HGSS! I especially think one of Ash's three starters at least from Johto will evolve, I mean, in Kanto BF, Sceptile Evolved.

Unlikly, but I'd LIKE to see:
Kingler (No reason, but I like Kingler)
Pidgot (Kanto was it's chance, but, alas, it didn't get it, so HIGHLY unlikly. Ash dosen't keep promises -_-, the bikes, Pidgot...)
Muk (Dosen't get enough love -_-)

And, for 5th Gen, we all know what Ash's inital team will be:
Pkachu

That's it, and then something'll happen to it, and poor Ash will be alone for a whole ep again, having not learnt his lesson from Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Tenilius

It seems most likely that Totodile will come back to Ash's team, but, the Phanpy "Incident" could just have been a one-off and not happen again.
I would really like to see Cyndaquil come back just to see Quilava and Typhlosion.
(A bit biased because the Cyndaquil line are my favourites)

Waterpokes

But Cyndaquil is a Fire Pokemon and Ash don't have to fire Pokemon on his team. He got his team with electric, water, grass, fire, flying and wild card! Take out Chimchar and put in Cyndaquil!

I hope it will happen, but unlikely! But you can dream, and I do! But a big chance that Buizel and Gliscor is going for maybe a 5.gen catch and Totodille return! I could see that, and hopefully a Chimvhar good bye and hello Cyndaquil!

Squaaah

But Cyndaquil is a Fire Pokemon and Ash don't have to fire Pokemon on his team. He got his team with electric, water, grass, fire, flying and wild card! Take out Chimchar and put in Cyndaquil!

I hope it will happen, but unlikely! But you can dream, and I do! But a big chance that Buizel and Gliscor is going for maybe a 5.gen catch and Totodille return! I could see that, and hopefully a Chimvhar good bye and hello Cyndaquil!

I cant see Chimchar being ditched but I am hoping that Ash will get the 5th gen water starter, and then bring back Cyndaqiul for the 5th/6th gen filler :D.

I think im getting a bit ahead of myself there. I think the most likely thing for Cydaquil will be being brought back for a battle and evolving, but even thats not THAT likely unfortunatly.

dman_dustin

Grotle/Torterra (I forsee Sceptile being given a rest)

Um does almost 150 episodes (estimated) count as rest for Sceptile. I don't see why Sceptile would need any rest, since it has been a long time. If you don't want Sceptile to come back, then fine but because it needs rest?

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Hm, I'll give Dawn's team another try:

Final team:

Piplup- Well duh.
Mamoswine- I think it'll be around for a while to get some more contest wins in
Lopunny- Now this depends if Buneary even stays for the filler saga. If she doesn't, then its pretty obvious she won't evolve, but if she does, then its stupid for her to stay in that form forever.
Quilava- I'm still torn between Chikorita and Cyndaquil, but I think that Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava is good, but its pretty interchangeable with Bayleef.
Hitmontop- Now this one's pretty random, but I still think that Dawn will get some sort of egg, and I think Tyroge would be a pretty good choice. It's kicking attacks would be pretty good in contests.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Well, here is my perdictions:

Ash (Filler/Battle Frontier)
Pikachu - No way [/sarcasm]
Totodile/Crokonaw/Fraligator - Advertise for HGSS. Evolves the first couple episodes of the saga and evolves again facing Palmer/Thorton
Cyndaquil/Qualava - Advertising for HGSS and it evolves agenst Paul
Glyscor - Gets some sort of new move
Staraptor - Flyer

To be called upon:
Bayleaf: Dawn gets a Chikorita and we don't need to of the same evo line. Battles agenst the Stage Madonna
Infernape: Goes to train with Flint after evolving
Buisle: Oak'd becouse it met a gal poke and wanted to stay.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Ash: Sinnoh / Johto BF

- Pikachu
- Grotle ----> Torterra
- Monferno ---> Infernape
- Staraptor (but I hope not)
- Gliscor (but I doubt it)
- Totodile ----> croconaw (not gatr)

Brock: Sinnoh / Johto BF

- Sudowoodo
- Foretress returns
- Crobat returns
- happiny ---> chansey ----> blissey ( 2 evo's in one episode, super²happy evo)
- croagunk ---> toxicroack (maybe)

Dawn: Sinnoh / Johto BF

- Piplup (ugh)
- Mamoswine
- Lopunny
- Leafeon
- 5th gen pokémon (a cute one)
- Cyndaquil (with red heart dots on back)

Handy?

It's that one guy
Predicting BF Team.

Ash:

Pikachu (Well duh)
Torterra
Monferno
Staraptor
Gliscor
Feraligatr

Brock:

Sudowudo
Blissey
Crobat
Fortress
Steelix
Croagunk

Dawn:

Piplup (>_<)
Mamoswine
Pachirisu
Lopunny
Sneasel (Randomness)
Misdreavous (Matches Sneasel)

Araleon

Chill
Well, as cool as Sneasel or Misdreavus for Dawn would be, Paul and Zoey have the evolution lines on their teams right now.

shac

-^- Besides Ghost/Dark pokemon are no-no for the main characters..........So there you go!

Off-topic: Anyone knows when we should start getting info. on next gen? Just curious....

milenadrg

I can see Ash's Gliscor beating Paul's one earlier than league. Paul can kick his Gliscor and get something like Rhyperior, more smashing(that would be a real challenge for Ash's one).

Waterpokes

Every Pokemon that Paul and Ash owns has rivalry!

Chimchar and Magmar
Pikachu and Electabuzz
Grotle and Torterra
Gliscor and Gliscor
Staraptor and Honkcrow
Buizel and ???

Weavile is a choice, Ursaring is a total loser, so no, then we have Hariyama and Nidoking. If Paul is going to catch somebody, I think it will be a rival with Buizel. So anyone here sense a Croconaw here?

milenadrg

Every Pokemon that Paul and Ash owns has rivalry!

Chimchar and Magmar
Pikachu and Electabuzz
Grotle and Torterra
Gliscor and Gliscor
Staraptor and Honkcrow
Buizel and ???

Weavile is a choice, Ursaring is a total loser, so no, then we have Hariyama and Nidoking. If Paul is going to catch somebody, I think it will be a rival with Buizel. So anyone here sense a Croconaw here?

I think Ash's going to recall his Totodile(who will fully evolove), so I think it could be stupid that Paul has it's evo line, too. Buizel's rival could be possibly a Weavile or something like Swampert or Kindgra...

Buizel vs Weavile is fine, gives the writers an excuse to use ice aqua jet again

AerialAce^_^

I love flying types
team for the BF:
Pikachu
Monferno/Infernape
Grotle
Totodile
Noctowl...I just want it to be given another chance.it's a shiny & it can learn some cool moves like Air Slash,Zen Headbutt,Silver Wind

Last edited:

SketchFox7

If Casey returns!!!: Meganium, Electivire, Beedrill, Ampharos, Vespiquen, Sunkern, lol, and...

Hoppip for Dawn!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.