• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Main "Core" Game guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ideally I'd want the DP remakes to happen in 2021 for the 25th anniversary. I hope they dont waste this anniversary on another Let's Go game because it's a very shallow part of the franchise. At least with a DP remake on the Switch they can bring Sinnoh into the 3D world!
That would just be a waste of an anniversary in my opinion.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Redbird

Theres been many hints of the diamond and pearl games being remade similar to ORAS which was a huge success IMO.

Now we have news of Pokemon trademarking Gold n SIlver which hopefully is just a Spin Off in "lets go" series line.

The post game and paid DLC of Sword n shield may be passable post DLC 2, but online Co-op of a Battle Maison or Battle Tree is what fans truly want and need, and also the battle frontier again, with challenging AI that keeps getting harder and harder, new items, moves, rewards etc and high priced things that are worth the saving up.

We Need more time spent and effort from The Pokemon Company, nothing has been close to ORAS, Black n White 2 or Platinum, emerald in years and the common theme was an actual "post Game".

Whats your thoughts???
That's a highly arguable statement. I'd say HGSS showed some of the most effort on Game Freak's part, and had possibly the most content so far, both as a GSC remake (having added the Pokéwalker, Pokéathlon, walking Pokémon, the Safari Zone, the expanded Kanto, the Platinum Battle Frontier...) and taken on its own. Also, ORAS? A Gen III remake that left out nearly all the Emerald content is your idea of a game that had a lot of time and effort spent on?

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

That's a highly arguable statement. I'd say HGSS showed some of the most effort on Game Freak's part, and had possibly the most content so far, both as a GSC remake (having added the Pokéwalker, Pokéathlon, walking Pokémon, the Safari Zone, the expanded Kanto, the Platinum Battle Frontier...) and taken on its own. Also, ORAS? A Gen III remake that left out all the Emerald content is your idea of a game that had a lot of time and effort spent on?
Not all of it. The Delta Episode had a fight with a villainous team at Mosdeep Space Center just like in Emerald, as well as Wallace's Champion team.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I could see either a secret DLC part 3 being made to add more Pokemon in or a remake that will essentially do the same.

I think we are still off from Gen 9, so there probably will be more added Pokemon before then.

I don't like getting too speculative, so I'll wait and see.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm honestly expecting absolutely no new main series game next year.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I accept more DLCs as long as we get a full PokéDex

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
DP remakes are likely the next big games and then a year or less after those get released we'll get the first main title games for Generation 9.
Not really. They could always do another Let's Go or more Sword and Shield DLC.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think we'll get Diamond and Pearl remakes next year. Probably by mid-Summer or earlier instead of Autumn like we'd usually expect. Gen 9 will probably begin in late 2022. :]
Nope. I think that Sinnoh remakes will instead come in 2023.

Lindseey

trouble trouble trouble trouble
let s go gold silver or dp remakes i think

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
For Gen 9 I’d like to see something akin to choosing a side of a major Philosophy EG: Pokemon REBEL and Pokemon LOYAL. Each game has a story line where you battle for the side based on the game for example Pokémon REBEL has you fighting against the current government structure and traditions in that region whilest LOYAL has you fighting to preserve said structure and traditions. Each game story shows the Good in your side (mostly) while mostly showing you the bad of the other side. I think core games with a branching story like that would make for great Gen 9 games and of course the post games would just be the Region with new leaders installed or Current ones remaining in said positions. It’s a wild guess and likely won’t happen of course.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The fact that there will be a Definitive Edition of Sword and Shield with all DLC confirms, at least for me, that there will be no more Sword and Shield DLC after the Crown Tundra.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
Did anyone hear the rumors of the third dlc? I don't know itf it's true, but it would probably lose some players, because three is way too much, at least to me. I'm kind of hoping for a johto remake :)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Did anyone hear the rumors of the third dlc? I don't know itf it's true, but it would probably lose some players, because three is way too much, at least to me.
I don't think that it will happen, as there will be a definitive edition of Sword and Shield out later with the IoA and CT already on the cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.