• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread III - Now with Roman numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

It should be noted that Torterra, Infernape, and Togekiss were all spoiled by the current opening but they were all obtained very early in that openings lifeline. There may be some stuff that the opening isn't spoiling. Quilava for example

Ash:
Pikachu
Torterra
Infernape
Buizel
Staraptor
Gible-Gabite (to master Draco Meteor)

Bulbasaur
Muk
Snorlax
Tauros
Kingler
Heracross
Donphan
Cyndaquil-Quilava
Bayleef
Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr(Evolving in an early round of the League and evolving a second time like two episodes later in the full battle round)
Noctowl
Donphan
Corphish
Torkoal
Glalie
Swellow
Sceptile

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It should be noted that Torterra, Infernape, and Togekiss were all spoiled by the current opening but they were all obtained very early in that openings lifeline. There may be some stuff that the opening isn't spoiling. Quilava for example

Ash:
Pikachu
Torterra
Infernape
Buizel
Staraptor
Gible-Gabite (to master Draco Meteor)

Bulbasaur
Muk
Snorlax
Tauros
Kingler
Heracross
Donphan
Cyndaquil-Quilava
Bayleef
Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr(Evolving in an early round of the League and evolving a second time like two episodes later in the full battle round)
Noctowl
Donphan
Corphish
Torkoal
Glalie
Swellow
Sceptile

Meh, I agree with the spoilering thing, it apparently only counted for the ones close to the openings premier. I totally agree with Ash' main roster, about the reserves I'm still more inclined to believe that the set they've shown is the one to appear. So no Bulbasaur, Kingler, Tauros, Heracross, Swellow and Sceptile. There aren't that many episodes left in DP, with just about 10 or less for the league. So considering that, there isn't much space either for all of them to be in battles without hogging time away from the Sinnoh team.

Besides, most of those extra reserves have shown their prowess in the Battle Frontier, or a more notable appearance in the Johto League:

Bulbasaur: Brandon's Dusclops and Solrock.
Tauros: Anabel's Metagross.
Heracross: Gary's Magmar and fought against Spencer's Venusaur and lost.
Swellow: Tucker's tag team, undoubtably one of Ash's main fighters in Hoenn.
Sceptile: Spencer's Shiftree and Dusclops, fought against Brandon's Regirock, and Ash's main fighter in Hoenn.

The only one that is going to get screwed out of a league for a second time is Kingler. Which is sad. Considering also that Corphish had more starring oppurtunities in Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. Snorlax is another oddball as he had a huge number of wins in the Johto league (4! That's more then Charizard), and had sweeped Greta in the Battle Frontier, and was used at different moment in Johto (Sumo and Claire). So in my opinion either Corphish or Snorlax should've been dropped for Kingler, in all logic it should've been Corphish due to similar movepool and such... and maybe Snorlax should've been switched for Tauros or Heracross. Tauros only has Drake's Venusaur and Anabel's Metagross as far as I remember. And Heracross since it only has that battle against Gary's Magmar on it's official list. But considering only three of Ash' pokemon (Hera (1), Snor (2), Char(3))beat a single of Gary's pokemon, that's still saying something, especially considering the type match up back in the day.

Glalie and Torkoal being used is legitemate though, as aside from Torkoal's battle vs. Registeel, they did squat outside the league. Donphan appearing is simply because it's a Johto pokemon, per same logic Heracross isn't, since there are already two Heracross' in the league (with no teamchanges that is) and one more would seem to me like overkill... having to see two Roserade's and two Heracross' go down is really the fault of the Sinnoh dex... hopefully they can have some differences to set them apart. Aside from how they are used due to different types of trainers (Barry is completely different to Conway, and Nando).

Last edited:

thunderblade12

I kind of wish Heracross or Kingler took Corphish's spot. It got plenty of screentime in AG. About the same as Swellow. Particularly Kingler. The only reason I want to see Heracross is because I think it needs more moves and sense DP doesn't seem to mind giving pokemon entirely new movesets at each of their appearences, I don't think it's too farfetched for Heracross to have a hanful of new attacks. Right now it only uses Mega Horn and Fury Attack.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I really can not see a lot of evolving going on. I would like Ash to get a Feraligatr, but I would hate to see his evolution(s) rushed like what happened to Charmeleon to Charizard and Piloswine to Mamoswine. I know Ash needs stronger Waterpower, but I just can't see Totodile evolving if Cyndaquil is confirmed to be a Quilava. I can't see a Meganium, and I don't care that Ash's other Johto starters will be in thir middle forms, Totodile was who Totodile was, that was his personality! I can't see an Ivysaur, I can't see a Wartortle. I can see Heracross evolving, though only once we get the confirmation that there is an evolved form in B/W I might see a Crawdaunt, though I think that would mean he replaces Kingler's potential appearance. I couldn't really care less about Buizel. What I want is Gible mastering Draco Meteor and becoming a Gabite.

Locormus

I agree with that Heracross, Tauros or Kingler should've taken Corphish's spot. Kingler hasn't done anything since the Whirl Cup, Tauros has about two victories to it's name, and Heracross only has one official win to it's name. Without question less then Corphish, who might even has more official wins to it's name then those three combined:

Brawly's Machop
Flannery's Magcargo
Flannery's Torkoal
Juan's Sealeo
Juan's Luvdisc
League John Mayer lookalike's Swalot
Katie's Golduck
Morrison's Girafarig
Morrison's Growlithe
Morrison's Swampert
Tucker's tagteam

That's eleven wins in total.

Kingler has: Mandy (=3), Icefield/Arcanine guy (=2), WhirlCup: Misty's Poliwhirl. That's 6 in total.
Kingler (6)
Tauros (2)
Heracross (1)
= 9
Yes, Corphish has had more official wins than all three of these that aren't going to be shown. Which is unfair, since they need it more and weren't shown as much before DP.

About that Feraligatr in Thunderblade's post.. Yeah.. I would like that, but that would be unreasonable... I'm hoping for three evolutions, and that's a lot. Quilava, Croconaw, Gabite. The latter two can evolve later on I hope, so that I can have my wish come true: Dragon Egg group 4on4:

Charizard vs Salamence
Feraligatr vs Flygon
Sceptile vs Milotic
Garchomp vs Latios

This of course during the Gen 3 remake period! Would there be anybody doubting the awesomeness of this match up! xD

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I really can not see a lot of evolving going on. I would like Ash to get a Feraligatr, but I would hate to see his evolution(s) rushed like what happened to Charmeleon to Charizard and Piloswine to Mamoswine. I know Ash needs stronger Waterpower, but I just can't see Totodile evolving if Cyndaquil is confirmed to be a Quilava. I can't see a Meganium, and I don't care that Ash's other Johto starters will be in thir middle forms, Totodile was who Totodile was, that was his personality! I can't see an Ivysaur, I can't see a Wartortle. I can see Heracross evolving, though only once we get the confirmation that there is an evolved form in B/W I might see a Crawdaunt, though I think that would mean he replaces Kingler's potential appearance. I couldn't really care less about Buizel. What I want is Gible mastering Draco Meteor and becoming a Gabite.

I still cant understand why people still question what hapened to Charizard and Mamoswine, they were done to show the part of the game where if you dont have enough badges he wont obey you, in the anime is like if you arent strong enough to hold the pokemon he wont obey you it hapened to Ash and they revisited that plot with Dawn and Mamoswine i doubt if Dawn ever gest a 3/2 evolution pokemon it would happen again.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I meant Feraligatr's cool and all, but I'm not desperate for Totodile to evolve...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Me neither but i really want it to be atleast a Croconaw, Cyndaquil in my opinion deserved it before i always though he was going to evolve in Johto as for Totodile i think he needs it but we will have to see how better he is right now to judge it better but i really want it to evolve but i wont whine one evolution is good already better the none.

Oh dang i was re-watching the Johto league today(i had a rush after seeing that Cyndaquil evolved) and damn Pikachu 3 wins were Pikachu grab it and Thunder lol repeatitive and Snorlax was kinda repeatitive also Hyper Beam, Hyper Beam, Hyper Beam man we really should be glad the battle changes so much :D adn are more versatile and after seeing it again i gotta say the Johto starters didnt do that bad, Cyndaquil was the only one who didnt win ina 6vs6 Totodile and Bayleef did pretty good and poor Noctowl neglected the entire league then goes out against Steelix and gets owned with one attack haha, this league was really about Charizard and Snorlax HAXXX but it was nice to rewatch it, it made me even more eager to see the Johto guys battles.

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I wouldn't like the change in personality if Croconaw suddenly changed from that happy little croc he was as a Totodile, though in truth I would LOVE to see a Feraligatr gripping Ash with his two arms dancing!... or better suited he do that with Dawn instead...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hum i imagine he being more serious in battle but still like to dance when not battling XD, mature a bit maybe.

Damn just finished seeing the Charizard vs Blaziken battle i would love a rematch ;(

thunderblade12

I imagine Quilava still being slightly timid. Shy =/= weakness.

If Totodile were to evolve twice, Feraligatr would probably be a dimwitted, carefree giant. Like one of those stereotypical bodybuilders. All brawn, no brains. Totodile was actually a funny character. Like when he was unphased, and actually laughed at, Ditto's Scary Face. Too bad they never did anything of consequence with Totodile.

Mocker

This is what I hope Ash's roster will be at the end of Sinnoh. I'm not saying it will happen, but it would look a lot more impressive if it were to happen:

Pikachu
Staraptor
Torterra
Infernape
Buizel
Gabite
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Squirtle
Primeape
Kingler
Muk
Tauros
Snorlax
Heracross
Bayleef
Quilava
Croconaw
Noctowl
Donphan
Swellow
Sceptile
Corphish
Torkoal
Glalie
Gliscor

I don't think three evolutions is too absurd. I'd love to see Totodile evolve in the same episode as Quilava. It's unlikely, but we haven't seen anything like that before. Plus it would round out the Johto starters all being second stage.

On a side note, I now believe in the Water starter curse. The writers could have listened to the fans and just as easily evolved Totodile instead of Cyndaquil. Sure there is the 'Dawn also has a Cyndaquil' argument, but how often would we see them together? In all likelihood Dawn will be leaving after Sinnoh.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I agree with that Heracross, Tauros or Kingler should've taken Corphish's spot. Kingler hasn't done anything since the Whirl Cup, Tauros has about two victories to it's name, and Heracross only has one official win to it's name. Without question less then Corphish, who might even has more official wins to it's name then those three combined:

Brawly's Machop
Flannery's Magcargo
Flannery's Torkoal
Juan's Sealeo
Juan's Luvdisc
League John Mayer lookalike's Swalot
Katie's Golduck
Morrison's Girafarig
Morrison's Growlithe
Morrison's Swampert
Tucker's tagteam

That's eleven wins in total.

Kingler has: Mandy (=3), Icefield/Arcanine guy (=2), WhirlCup: Misty's Poliwhirl. That's 6 in total.
Kingler (6)
Tauros (2)
Heracross (1)
= 9
Yes, Corphish has had more official wins than all three of these that aren't going to be shown. Which is unfair, since they need it more and weren't shown as much before DP.

About that Feraligatr in Thunderblade's post.. Yeah.. I would like that, but that would be unreasonable... I'm hoping for three evolutions, and that's a lot. Quilava, Croconaw, Gabite. The latter two can evolve later on I hope, so that I can have my wish come true: Dragon Egg group 4on4:

Charizard vs Salamence
Feraligatr vs Flygon
Sceptile vs Milotic
Garchomp vs Latios

This of course during the Gen 3 remake period! Would there be anybody doubting the awesomeness of this match up! xD

It seems everyone wants Kingler to have some show time. Seriously the writers need to give it some loving! It had one of my favorite battles in the Indigo league.

I agree with 3 evolutions. I would have wanted totodile to go the whole way, but seeing as we are now getting a Quilava, just getting a croconaw would be find with me. And it would be an added bonus if it kept its perky personality; dancing and biting. lol. Maybe they could fit in a Feraligatr evo., but only if Gible doesn't evolve in order to master its draco meteor.

I can't wait for this league, it should be good!

Mocker

Kingler should have been brought back in place of Corphish. What I'm confused about is why would they bring back Corphish, who was used throughout Hoenn and the Kanto Battle Frontier instead of a powerhouse Pokemon who hasn't been used since the first region, and then even very rarely.

Locormus

It seems everyone wants Kingler to have some show time. Seriously the writers need to give it some loving! It had one of my favorite battles in the Indigo league.

I agree with 3 evolutions. I would have wanted totodile to go the whole way, but seeing as we are now getting a Quilava, just getting a croconaw would be find with me. And it would be an added bonus if it kept its perky personality; dancing and biting. lol. Maybe they could fit in a Feraligatr evo., but only if Gible doesn't evolve in order to master its draco meteor.

I can't wait for this league, it should be good!

I agree with you. Having Johto be the middle evolution-favoring region is fine with me. Especially considering that the middle stage is more often then not neglected, or quickly rushed through. The only middle stages in my opinion that didn't get wasted were Bayleaf, Grovyle, Combusken and Grotle. That's four out of 16*... Ash using Bayleaf, Quilava and Croconaw should've happened in Johto..

I can't really pick between Totodile and Gible to evolve. Gible needs more stamina to be effective, and Totodile needs as much as it can get in any way..

*Wartortle, Croconaw, Marshtomp and Prinplup didn't get much screentime at all, well some did get screentime but not nearly enough. Ivysaur is the least loved grasstype, we rarely see it: 4 times in the original series, none in Johto, once in Hoenn, once in the BF, and once in Sinnoh. That's pretty sad.. of the Fire starters in my opinion Quilava get the better end of the stick then Monferno (not talking about Charmeleon).. Quilava is shown in every league up till date, while Monferno got about 9 episodes of squat.. when Charmeleon literally has nothing to show for itself..

SketchFox7

Here's what I want for Ash's Pokemon that were in the intro-

Pikachu- Done. But surprised he didn't really do anything this region, no new move or anything.

Staraptor- With Brave Bird and Close Combat, he's done.

Torterra- Pretty much done, but I'd like to see either Solar Beam or Earth Power.

Buizel- Would love an evolution, but not gonna happen, he's done.

Infernape- I see either Flare Blitz or Blast Burn in his future, then done.

Gible- Perfecting Draco Meteor, dealing with Dragon Pulse, personally I see evolution as a way for both and with Ursula done, it's a possibility.

Muk- Two words, Gunk Shot.

Snorlax- Zen Headbutt or Giga Impact!!!

Bayleef- Would love an evolution, so it can go back to Oak's after the league and fall in love with Ash's Sceptile and they can make babies!!! oh, and either Solar Beam or Magical Leaf.

Cyndaquil- Quilava!!!, and Lava Plume, Eruption and/or Flame Wheel.

Totodile- would love one or two evolutions for this little guy, unfortunately unlikely, so at least Hydro Pump or Aqua Tail and Crunch.

Noctowl- Air Slash or Sky Attack and Extrasensory or Zen Headbutt, and/or Ominous Wind

Donphan- With the BF, he's pretty much done, wouldn't mind Earth Power though.

Corphish- One word, Guillotine.

Torkoal- Possibly Lava Plume or Eruption.

Glalie- Could see a whole new moveset besides Ice Beam for him, with possibly, Ice Fang, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Sheer Cold, Gyro Ball, or Blizzard.

P.S.- And the only one of Ash's Pokemon I could see making a possible appeareance (that wasn't in the intro) for a certain match against a certain rival of his for a rematch would be Gliscor, buts that a very slim chance, and with either Guillotine or Sky Attack

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Kingler should have been brought back in place of Corphish. What I'm confused about is why would they bring back Corphish, who was used throughout Hoenn and the Kanto Battle Frontier instead of a powerhouse Pokemon who hasn't been used since the first region, and then even very rarely.

To evolve it. Maybe.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I agree with you. Having Johto be the middle evolution-favoring region is fine with me. Especially considering that the middle stage is more often then not neglected, or quickly rushed through. The only middle stages in my opinion that didn't get wasted were Bayleaf, Grovyle, Combusken and Grotle. That's four out of 16*... Ash using Bayleaf, Quilava and Croconaw should've happened in Johto..

I can't really pick between Totodile and Gible to evolve. Gible needs more stamina to be effective, and Totodile needs as much as it can get in any way..

*Wartortle, Croconaw, Marshtomp and Prinplup didn't get much screentime at all, well some did get screentime but not nearly enough. Ivysaur is the least loved grasstype, we rarely see it: 4 times in the original series, none in Johto, once in Hoenn, once in the BF, and once in Sinnoh. That's pretty sad.. of the Fire starters in my opinion Quilava get the better end of the stick then Monferno (not talking about Charmeleon).. Quilava is shown in every league up till date, while Monferno got about 9 episodes of squat.. when Charmeleon literally has nothing to show for itself..

Well maybe just maybe Ritchie will come back and showcase Zippo again. It could still be a charmeleon and then evolve after a battle or two. What if he were to be the legendary trainer? How weird would that be?

Ah who are we kidding, these writers are biased not only against evolved water starters but charmeleon as well.

My predictions for te end of the saga;

Ash:
Raichu
Phione
Infernape
Leafeon
Gliscor
Garchomp
Tsutaja

Brock:
Nosepass
Rhyperior
Sudowoodo
Torterra
Pokabu
Zorua

Dawn:
Empoleon
Typhlosion
Mamoswine
Lopunny
Meganium
Altaria
Mijumaru

These teams have been pretty much confirmed anyway from the new scans.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
[Sunlight];11330580 said:
My predictions for te end of the saga;

Ash:
Raichu
Phione
Infernape
Leafeon
Gliscor
Garchomp
Tsutaja

Brock:
Nosepass
Rhyperior
Sudowoodo
Torterra
Pokabu
Zorua

Dawn:
Empoleon
Typhlosion
Mamoswine
Lopunny
Meganium
Altaria
Mijumaru

These teams have been pretty much confirmed anyway from the new scans.

Ummmmm....What? I really hope you're joking there when you say it's confirmed because in no way is that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.