1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Next Pokemon Thread III - Now with Roman numerals

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Juputoru, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Mamepato-Final stage (Confirmed)
    Mijumaru-Final stage (Might as well be confirmed)
    Tsutaja-Middle stage
    Pokabu-Final stage
    I'll hold off on the wildcards until the rest of the Isshu pokemon are revealed but I think he'll get at least two.

One reserve could be caught early on like Heracross, Butterfree, or Gligar and released/Oaked for a second wildcard. I actually hope Ash captures many pokemon like he did in Kanto and has a few as reserves. Considering the Leagues have WAY more battles than they did back in Kanto days, that should be enough to give them all some battles. They said the arc was going to be paced faster so I'm thinking there will be a filler arc. Meaning the reserves will be used there and the Isshu pokemon will get the whole League to themselves.

Iris:
    Kibago
    Chillarmy
    Shikijika
    Mudkip
    Two others

Dento
    Swana
    Darumakka-Hihidaruma
    Yannapu

I think the Gym Leaders will use a certain type of strategy this time rather than a certain type of pokemon this time around. Dento can use type coverage as his strategy by having one of each of the three most common types. Of course, after deciding to following whatever dream he's traveling with Ash to pursue, I don't think he'll care about pokemon type at all.

Jessie:
    Koromori
    Kurumiru maybe
    A new snake or something equally as sinister

James:
    A lovable Grass type
    Rankurusu

Shooti:
    Tsutaja-Final stage
    Gochiruzeru
    Wooguru
    Gigaisu
    Many others

2. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

I can see that sure. Specially from the previews.

Makes sense. Possibly in Hoenn with Max?

I like that except for the fawn. I don't trust that species.

I like this idea sure.

Love this idea.

Sure why not.

3. 19Byakuya19

19Byakuya19 UniQuE

if you look even more closely when pikachu does the new look iron tail u can clearly see Mamepato and then Ash throws pokeball at it. So its practically confirmed Ash catches Mamepato.

Not sure about the rest. Though id like a change and Ash not have any starters this region at all.

4. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

This is how I see it:
    Ash
    Pikachu
    Mamepato-his first capture,fully evolves and becomes a powerhouse,like Swellow
    Mijumaru-his second capture,fully evolves
    Grass type
    Fire type
    Pseudo-Legendary...reason?he'll be facing more powerful trainers[remember Takuto?],he needs powerful pkmn and I think he can handle one

Iris
    Kibago
    Pokabu-she becomes friends with one or it's given as a starter while Kibago is hiding in her hair...doesn't evolve
    Emonga

Dento
    Yanappu-his main pkmn
    and for the rest I really can't tell,probably some unreleased pkmn

Shooti-a rookie with surprisingly powerful pkmn
    Tsutarja-fully evolves
    Wooguru,to rival Ash's Mamepato
    the Electric tarantula
    a powerful Fire type
    a powerful Water type
    Ononokusu

5. Munchy

Munchy =)

With the games being so "fresh", I can see the anime following that, but possibly taking something from the very first season when it was all new. Thus I can see Ash getting all three starters. If not, then Mijumaru at least.

I also agree on Iris getting Emonga. I'm sure they want to give the Pika-clone more screentime, as they did with Dawn's Pachirisu. And also, a flying squirrel is perfect for gliding from tree to tree, similar to Iris swinging from branch to branch.

6. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

I say that either Ash or Iris will have Pokabu. Iris is seen pinching Pokabu's cheeks (she does that with Pikachu too), so either she catches one or Ash catches one and she adores it.

7. dragonpsychicrules

dragonpsychicrules DragonType GymLeader

I'm with this...TOTALLY...except I want ALL his Starters to reach the final stages...and I want ALL all his pokemon to evolve to their respective final stages and all of them should be powerhouses...I don't want to see another infernape stealing Isshu...

And I also want the staters' final stages to have DIFFERENT secondary typing, unique ones, so that Ash doesn't have to show favoritism or prefernces while choosing amongst them during the league...(like what happened with bayleef and sceptile...)

So, he could choose a starter for its secondary types and not power...because I think every starter's powerful in its own right(I won't be replying if anyone quotes this and starts giving random examples and comparisons, to prove their respective points...so don't waste your breath or energy ;))...

8. Torpoleon

That is highly unlikely that if Ash gets all the Generation V Starter Pokémon (which I hope he doesn't do)hat they'd be at their final stages, and that goes for Ash's Whole Isshu Team, excluding Pikachu. Jeez, man.

9. JD

JD .

I doubt Ash will get all three starters again I'd rather each member of the main cast get one starter Ash-Mijumaru, Iris-Pokabu and Dento-Tsutarja. I wouldn't mind Ash getting Pokabu but it really reminds me of Turtwig maybe if it's final evolution had a secondary type Ash never had I could see him maybe getting it. As for Ash's grass type I know its not really like an Ash Pokemon but Shikijika would be pretty cool with him especially if it got some kind of really cool evolution.

Main Cast Team(Pokemon that are not likely for them to get it would be cool if they got them though.)

Ash
    Pikachu
    Mijumaru
    Mamepato
    Hihidaruma/Pokabu
    Moguryu?
    Not yet revealed Grass Type.

Iris
    Kibago
    Pokabu
    Chillarmy
    Meguroko

Dento
    Yanappu
    Tsutarja
    Kurumiru

Honestly what I wanted Ash to do is catch 7 pokemon in Isshu although one would have to be oaked. It could rotate in and out with his wildcard or he could oak one of his other pokemon temporarily if he wanted to use both of them in a Gym battle.

---------------------------------

Shooti
    Tsutarja
    Wargle
    Gigaisu

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  10. Alkaid

Alkaid Well-Known Member

Ash
    Pikachu
    Mijumaru
    Mamepato
    Victini
    Meguroko
    Kurumiru

11. JD

JD .

Wait a second! You do know that Victini is a legendary right I doubt Ash would ever catch a legendary and if he ever does then no time soon. Hihidaruma or maybe even Pokabu would be better even though Iris might get it.

12. dragonpsychicrules

Oh okay fine! I just want him to get all the starters then...Jeez...A guy can hope right? ;)

Well what do you know...Writers introducing legendaries in a league for the very first time might actually open the doors for more legendaries...I even think its possible for Ash to get Victini...in that case I'll have no qualms if pokabu is dropped for Victini :p

Well league legendaries might actually be a hint from the writers, asking us to prepare ourselves for the shock, when a legendary finally bows down to Ash Almighty...;) :p

13. Torpoleon

Now you guys think Ash will get Legendary Pokémon? What's next trading Pikachu?

If Ash is getting more than one Generation V Starter Pokémon, it should just be Mijumaru & Pokabu. He has gotten the Grass Type Starter Pokémon from every region thus far. It's annoying. Let's just have Shooti & Dento with Tsutarja, with Ash getting Mijumaru and possibly Pokabu. If not, Iris should have Pokabu.

14. dragonpsychicrules

LOL...might as well while he's at it...;) :p

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  15. JD

JD .

Ash isn't going to get a Legendary let alone Victini just let him get either Pokabu or Hihidaruma for his Fire type in Isshu. Since Koromori wasn't seen at all in that preview that should Ash's new look I guess Jessie will end up catching it since Ash is already confirmed to have Mamepato. Iris can get it to but it suits Jessie alot better

16. Riifa-Hinoarashi

Riifa-Hinoarashi Daijoubo!

Ash - Isshu
    Pikachu - It will never be without Ash
    Mamepato - almost confirmed
    Mijumaru - He needs a water starter and also almost confirmed.
    Tsutarja - It would fit him like
    Pokabu/Hihidaruma - I don't like one of them, but Ash would be great with Pokabu and I could also imagine that Ash will catch Hihidaruma.
    Moguryū - Yeah, why not?

17. ShadowDragon16

ShadowDragon16 Well-Known Member

I think that shot of Ash throwing a Pokeball and then the split second hits mijumaru is a confirmed capture. Plus with Mijumaru battleing Yanappu as well

18. JD

JD .

Probably but a Pokeball was seen thrown at Pokabu and Tsutarja as well so maybe Iris and Dento were catching them or Iris and Shooti. Either way I agree with you Mijumaru is a pretty much confirmed capture for Ash we should just wait a bit though until its 100% confirmed though. I wonder if Mamepato will evolve quickly like Starly or take awhile like Taillow.

19. Coke

Coke Member

I think your linup for Ash seems the most plausable. I could just picture that team fully evolved and awesome.

20. The Black Ninja

The Black Ninja Well-Known Member

what i belive could be the pokemon given to the main character in the new series

Ash
    Pikachu
    Mijumaru
    Mamepato
    Hihidaruma/Pokabu

Iris
    Kibago
    Pokabu
    Chillarmy

Dento
    Yanappu
    Tsutarja