• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread III - Now with Roman numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLM

Ash:
Pikachu
Mamepato
Tsutarja
Mijumaru
Darumakka
Moguryu

Iris:
Kibago
Chillarmy
Munna

Dento:
Yanapuu
Shikijika

Shooti:
Pokabu
Wooguru
Shimama

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
Ash:
Pikachu
Mamepato-Final stage (Confirmed)
Mijumaru-Final stage (Might as well be confirmed)
Tsutaja-Middle stage
Pokabu-Final stage
I'll hold off on the wildcards until the rest of the Isshu pokemon are revealed but I think he'll get at least two.

One reserve could be caught early on like Heracross, Butterfree, or Gligar and released/Oaked for a second wildcard. I actually hope Ash captures many pokemon like he did in Kanto and has a few as reserves. Considering the Leagues have WAY more battles than they did back in Kanto days, that should be enough to give them all some battles. They said the arc was going to be paced faster so I'm thinking there will be a filler arc. Meaning the reserves will be used there and the Isshu pokemon will get the whole League to themselves.

It really does look like Ash is starting over. He is turning his hat, catching Pokemon right away, he seems to be hunting around for new Pokemon right from the beginning. I do hope he gets some reserves, a new Kingler, but it doesn't get canned right after.

I think the Gym Leaders will use a certain type of strategy this time rather than a certain type of pokemon this time around. Dento can use type coverage as his strategy by having one of each of the three most common types. Of course, after deciding to following whatever dream he's traveling with Ash to pursue, I don't think he'll care about pokemon type at all.

Agree,

His gym is a rock field, yet his first Pokemon is a grass type. Seems sort of odd for him to be a grass type leader, using a rock field.

Geekachu

I think I've finally accepted that Dento may be a Grass-Type gym leader since he has a, that brocolli monkey, and I'll place my money on Tsuaja (or w/e) because I think we can see Dento ordering it to attack and stuff.

I like it'll be faster paced, I like that it is starting afresh without Brock (although I did love Dawn and Piplup but they were never going to join Ash again) and I like how they seem to have elevated the standard of the animation/made cool changes e.g. Did you SEE Pikachu using Iron Tail :O

The only thing I don't like is that Ash has suddenly got brown eyes, not in the sense like 'awww I wish he had blue eyes' but in the sense that after four series it obviously looks weird o_O

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I've come to the conclusion that Dento will be a 'jack of all trades' type Gym Leader. By that i mean he will not only use a single type, making it much more challenging for Ash. It'd be nice if all Gym Leaders were like this in Isshu, i'd find it much more interesting.

Anywayy, as for Dento... Obviously he has a Yanappu, but what could another be? Munna perhaps? It was floating around inside somewhere in the preview, could be the gym.

Ash Ketchum

1. Pikachu http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/025.gif
2. Mamepato
3. Mijumaru
4. Hihidaruma
5. Shikijika (will evolve into a mighty buck)
6. Wild card (numerous ... similar to Kanto)

Iris
1. Kibago
2. Pokabu
3. Emonga
4. Minezumi

Dento
1. Yanappu
2. Munna
3. Kurumiru / Swanna
4. If Swanna above, ( i can see Denchura or pre Denchura as a fit ... if Kurumiru is his bug type then not )

Shooti
Tsutarja

Jessie
Wobbufett
Gochiruzeru
Koromori

James
Meguroko
* I wish for a Mime Jr. female evolution * ... seriously having female Mr. Mime's is a joke.

PS ... why haven't they revealed the official face of Desukaan yet .. he looks like a cool pokemon with potential.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
On the poster that appeared yesterday after the awsome preview it looks like Ash or his friends will probably catch Koromori.

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
Hmmm:

Ash:
Pikachu - Duh.
Mamepato - Pretty sure we saw him catch one.
Mijumaru's evo - Kinda confirmed + would break the water curse + would be epic.
Pokabu - fits him.
Onokusu - fits him.
And then some other unconfirmed Poke.

Iris:
Kibago - Do I really have to explain this? *facepalm*
Chillarmy - Would look nice with her.
Emonga - Could fly with her while she's in the trees.
Then three others.

Dento:
Yanappa - confirmed.
Tsutarja - Grass leader.
Shikijika - Grass leader.
Then three others

Suave Squirtle

I'm just going to add personalities for the heck of it, I seriously doubt that I'd be accurate, but guessing is half of the fun:

Ash

-Pikachu (Peacekeeper)
-Quilava (I just strongly feel that Quilava will return due to his evolution in Sinnoh, either does or does not evolve into Typhlosion)
-Mijumaru (Energetic and Carefree, but not as much as Totodile, fully evolves)
-Mamepato (Mild-mannered, fully evolves)
-Chillarmy (for some reason I think it'd be funny if Ash caught one that pretended to be cute, but is actually a prankster/devious behind his back)
-Darumakka/Hihidaruma (extremely shy, evolves about half-a-season in only to still be extremely fearful and shy [lol imagine him knocking over a tree or something if someone made him jump out of his skin], eventually works around that by the end of the saga)

(Additional)
-Gible (Comes along with Pika and Qui, but early on finds some random Garchomp gimmick which makes Ash choose to leave him there ala Charizard, Cacnea, Ambipom, etc.)
-Wooguru (Obnoxious and constantly gets into fights with Ash's now evolved Hatooboo, Ash tries to change it's ways but eventually gets overly frustrated by it after a few episodes and decides to release it, only for Wooguru to come back later that episode after realizing how much it liked the group, though it still ends up having a rivalry with Hatooboo. Either Quilava or Chillarmy become sidelined after Wooguru's return and are only called upon for training and gym battles)

Iris:
-Kibago (similar personality to it's trainer)
-Pokabu (good natured, but occasionally sneezes flames, evolves fully)
-Munna (constantly lazy)
-Swana (calm)
-Koromori (nosy *no pun intended*)
-Luvdisc/Mamanbou ([Assumes Luvdisc is Mamanbou's prevo if she does get it] Loves being the center of attention)

Dento:
-Tsutaja (Smug, evolves fully)
-Yanappu (Mischievous, but not a "thief" like Aipom was)
-Meguroko (Constantly hungry)
-Moguryu (Happy, but will not tolerate being pushed around by the other pokemon, evolves fully and becomes Dento's second powerhouse, behind Tsutaja)
-Gigaiasu (Extremely tolerant, but can go ballistic if he finally snaps)
-Minezumi (leery, but bold, at least evolves once)

Last edited:

JD

On the poster that appeared yesterday after the awsome preview it looks like Ash or his friends will probably catch Koromori.

Heh I doubt it judging by that logic I guess someone on the main cast will get Gochirizeru,Wargle,Swanna,Rankurusu,Miruhoggu and Minezumi as well? Dude I doubt anyone will get heart-bat it's more of a Team Rocket pokemon anyway plus I doubt Ash would have two flying types so early on and it doesn't even suit Iris. So the best choice is obviously Jessie.

Torpoleon

We can't use the promotional poster showing Ash, Pikachu, Iris, Dento and many Generation V Pokémon as spoilers for what Pokémon they might have, as the poster is just merely for promotional purposes. Whether the main cast gets some of those Pokémon or not, we will know eventually, but it wasn't a spoiler or anything.

kickachu

Momentai!
Heh I doubt it judging by that logic I guess someone on the main cast will get Gochirizeru,Wargle,Swanna,Rankurusu,Miruhoggu and Minezumi as well? Dude I doubt anyone will get heart-bat it's more of a Team Rocket pokemon anyway plus I doubt Ash would have two flying types so early on and it doesn't even suit Iris. So the best choice is obviously Jessie.

Hey TR didn't appear in the poster so it looks like The new trio might get korormori and just in case Ash could even catch Rankurusu and Iris could catch Miruhoggu,maybe Dento can catch Swana. But we don't know we'll have to wait and see the premeire.;444;

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Here's my latest predictions:

Tsutarja-Ash, Dento, or Shooti
Pokabu-Ash or possibly Iris
Mijumaru-Ash
Chillarmy-Iris or nobody
Munna/Musharna-Shooti, James, or nobody
Giaru-James or nobody
Mamepato-Ash
Darumakka/Hihidaruma-Ash or Shooti
Shimama-Nobody
Meguroko-Dento, Shooti, or nobody
Rankurusu-Nobody
Gochiruzeru-Nobody
Koromori-Shooti, Jessie, or nobody
Kibago-Iris (duh)
Minezumi/Miruhoggu-Nobody
Wooguru-Shooti or nobody
Gigaisu-Shooti or nobody
Mamanbou-Nobody
Shikijika-Iris or nobody
Swana-Dento or nobody
Moguryu-Ash, Dento, or nobody
Kurumiru-Iris, Dento, or nobody
Yanappu-Dento (confirmed)
Emonga-Iris or nobody

So, basically:

Ash
Pikachu
Mamepato
Mijumaru
Tsutarja/???
Pokabu/Hihidaruma
Moguryu

Iris
Kibago
Pokabu/???
Chillarmy/???
Emonga
Shikijika/Kurumiru
???

Dento
Yanappu
Tsutarja/Kurumiru
Swana
Meguroko/Moguryu

Shooti
Tsutarja/???
Munna/Koromori
Hihidaruma/???
Meguroko/???
Wooguru
Gigaisu

Jessie
Wobbufet
Seviper (possible release)
Yanmega
Koromori/???

James
Mime Jr.
Carnivine
Giaru/Munna

JD

Hey TR didn't appear in the poster so it looks like The new trio might get korormori and just in case Ash could even catch Rankurusu and Iris could catch Miruhoggu,maybe Dento can catch Swana. But we don't know we'll have to wait and see the premeire.;444;

Do you not read others post it seems like you just post. It's alread pretty much confirmed that Koromori will be owned by Jessie. Sheesh give me a good reason why anyone should have that Heartbat other than oh I think Ash get Koromori or oh Koromori was by Ash. Those are reasons a 3rd grader would givd

JD

Do you not read others post it seems like you just post. It's alread pretty much confirmed that Koromori will be owned by Jessie. Sheesh give me a good reason why anyone should have that Heartbat other than oh I think Ash get Koromori or oh Koromori was by Ash. Those are reasons a 3rd grader would givd

kickachu

Momentai!
Well the reason I think Ash would get Koromori or Rankurusu is beacause he needs a brand new type and if I'm wrong I hope Ash at least gets Meguroko. I'm hoping for a brand new change since Ash has changed in the preview

thunderblade12

If the Gym Leaders really do have mixed types, this saga is going to have good rotation among Ash's Isshu team. He won't be obliged to take up a spot on his team against each gym leader just because of type. Chimchar was basically secured a spot in all three of the last gyms due to type (Dig vs Electric.)

My theory:

BW001: Ash leaves for Isshu, meets Iris, and captures Mamepato
BW002: Dento's debut.
BW003: Ash gets Mijumaru
BW004: Ash gets Pokabu
BW005: Ash gets Tsutaja
BW006: Shooti debut
BW007: Ash vs Dento

Ash: Tsutaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru
Dento: Yanapuu, Darumakka, and Swana

Grass, Fire, Water vs Grass, Fire, Water

Status