• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread III - Now with Roman numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

according to wikipedia, .

I stopped reading there.

Any way, Brock is a tough one. Dawn got a new pokemon and Ash is possibly getting one. Maybe Brock is next?

Brock(Sinnoh):
Croagunk
Happiny
Sudowoodo
Tyrouge

Brock(Sinnoh Battle Frontier):
Croagunk
Blissey
Hitmontop

And yeah. I don't think he'll catch a 5th generation pokemon because I think Croagunk will just follow him around permanently now. Since he caught Bonsly AG, evolved it early in DP, and caught Croagunk and Happiny extremely early in DP he hasn't had a single team change in over 100 episodes. We don't need a repeat of this in the next saga.

lucario2000

well IF ash gets Gible(which will most likely to happen) then he oaks Gliscor
IF he brings back Totodile he oaks buizel
but thats what I think

I also think Brock is gonna get tyorgue(don't know spelling)
Dawn getting Evee which evolves to Espeon to rival her mother's Umbreon

milenadrg

Brock-End of filler
Sudowoodo-In fact there is HG/SS, I don't see it leaving even if I want to...
Croagunk-Has Toxicroak rivaly... Don't see it evoloving anytime soon...
Blissey-His Happiny evoloves into Chansey, then quickly into Blissey...
Egg>5th gen Baby Pokemon-Much like Bonsly, just this time hatched from an Egg...

JD

As much as I want dawn to get a espeon I dont want her to turn into a may clone all the evee line has basically almost all been in contest. Umbreon , Glaceon , Flareon and I Believe Espeon. Its Time for a new change of pace give a evee to maybe kotone or something since garys umbreon was the only evee evolution that belonged to a trainer so far aside from that sakura girls espeon but. Dont give dawn a espeon Id rather see her with maybe a pokemon that relates to the hoenn region later on in the filler maybe like a spoink pre evo or a mawile pre evo.

lucario2000

Well I want Dawn to get Espeon to also rival up with May's Glaceon and they both have a rematch in Johto( Remember May is in Johto)

thunderblade12

By the time Ash and co. get to Johto, if they even go at all that is, May will be long gone.

Jessie and James team probably won't change for a good while (until 5th generation pokemon are revealed) but if they decide to use them to promote HGSS and ditch some of the older pokemon on their teams then I think this is what will happen:

Jessie:
Dunsparce - It's a snake
Yanmega - She just caught it, it's not leaving yet
Wobuffett - Because it's a mascot. I think she'll use it for a contest pretty soon though

James:
Carnivine - Give it it's entire saga, like what Cacnea got
Smoochum - Replacing Mime Jr as the cute psychic type on his team

Last edited:

Waterpokes

Well, if they don't make May lose all the time.

Jessie and James will pretty much have the same team.
Even though Seviper lives through Sinnoh as well.

Here is what I want Jessie do drop:

Wobbufett, because it's not doing anything interesting and it's painfull boring.
Yanmega gets the same faith as Dustox, but possible getting 2 ribbons. It's actually better then Dustox.
Seviper will properly get dropped as soon as possible. Dunsparce needs some time to shine and even though I like Seviper, I think they know that it needs redemption, so Seviper is ditched.

James will properly have Carnevine all the way, while Mime Jr possible goes to.
What I hope first, is that Wobbufett and Mime Jr leaves, for good!

FlameRose

Jessie: End of Sinnoh

Wobbuffet: Staying.
Yanmega: Just caught, not leaving.
Seviper: Stays until filler arc.

James: End of Sinnoh

Carnivine: Give it anoter region like Cacnea.
Mine Jr.: Stays until filler arc.

Jessie: Beginning of Filler

Same

James: Beginning of Filler

Same.

Jessie: End of Filler

Dunsparce: Epic snake that needs love. Gets a 5th Gen evolution.
Yanmega: Won't leave til 5th Gen to be replaced with a new bug.
Wobbuffet: Staying.

Released: Seviper

James: End of Filler

Carnivine: Stays until 5th Gen grass-type comes along.
Smoochum: Cute Johto Psychic-type to replace Mime Jr.

Released/Left: Mime Jr.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Sinnoh League:

Ash:

Pikachu - Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr p:
Grotle - Not evolving
Infernape - evolves vs. Paul in the Sinnoh Pokemon League. Torterra vs. Infernape ftw mirite?
Gible / Gabite - I don't see Ash getting a fully evolved dragonish Pokemon.
Staraptor - He's always had a bird during the leagues. p:
Floatzel - I think it'll evolve during training somewheres along the line.

Dawn:

Piplup - It'll evolve when the anime showcases XD001. Aka never.
Quilava - It'll evolve once during the main Sinnoh league. Maybe Grand Festivel? :3
Buneary - I don't see it evolving yet. It'd be awkward for Pikachu x Lopunny O-o;
Mamoswine - It'll stay for at least a little longer imo.
Pachirisu - Not going anywhere.

Brock:

Sudowoodo - He won't go anywhere till Post-Sinnoh.
Chansey - That Happiny of his got to evolve sometime. Maybe while helping out at a Pokemon Center?
Croagunk - The writer's enjoy it too much to let it go. lol

James:

Mime Jr. - Will hang around till post-Sinnoh.
Carnivine - I think it'll stay for a long time, even into the 5th gen. region. I don't see another Pokemon coming up that'll enjoy biting James's head as much as Carnivine.

Jessie:

Yanmega - Still new and hasn't been given enough screentime so it'll stay for a while.
Seviper - Its her new Arbok >.>

Battle Frontier / Leading up to 5th Generation:

Ash:

Pikachu - Do I even have to?
Charizard - He'll make a welcome return to help Ash own some Frontier Brains. ;3
Riolu / Lucario - Still possible.
Gabite - will be the new Grovyle / Sceptile.
Floatzel - He'll need a water-type
Snorlax - Please? Pretty Please?

Dawn:

Piplup - Figure it out yourself
Typhlosion - 2 - 5 episodes before she leaves the group (contests in Hoenn maybe? :3)
Lopunny - It'll evolve mid-way through battle frontier imo.
Pachirisu - Its Sinnoh's Pikachu.

Brock:

Forretress - I dunno, but I'd like to see it come back, ok? Sue me. D;
Graveler - It'd be about time he gets it...
Chansey - Won't evolve until 5th gen. sometime.
Croagunk - He's not leaving.
(Sudowoodo left at Pewter City Gym)

James:

Smoochum - Like everyone else said, it'll be his cute psychic Pokemon.
Carnivine - It'll hang around.
(Mime Jr. left at some mansion he somehow forgot (rich son of a .... ))

Jessie:
Yanmega - Still new
Wobbuffet - Oh yeah, like that's going anywhere
(Seviper left to protect other Seviper's from Zangoose maybe?)

Just my thoughts and opinions

mikau12

It would be cool for Brock's Johto Pokemon to come back during the filler arc to advertise the Johto reason in general. So this would be his team:

Steelix
Crobat
Forretress
Sudowoodo
Blissey

But I highly doubt it would happen. Though I do hope he gets a 5th gen.-related Pokemon, but if not, I want Happiny to evolve all the way to Blissey to take to the 5th gen., like Bonsly was to Sinnoh and Forretress was to Hoenn. And if that doesn't happen, maybe he'll just take Croagunk and it'll evolve into Toxicroak. By that time, Team Galactic will most likely be gone so it won't have a Toxicroak to compete with.

mikau12

It would be cool for Brock's Johto Pokemon to come back during the filler arc to advertise the Johto region in general. So this would be his team:

Steelix
Crobat
Forretress
Sudowoodo
Blissey

But I highly doubt it would happen. Though I do hope he gets a 5th gen.-related Pokemon, but if not, I want Happiny to evolve all the way to Blissey to take to the 5th gen., like Bonsly was to Sinnoh and Forretress was to Hoenn. And if that doesn't happen, maybe he'll just take Croagunk and it'll evolve into Toxicroak. By that time, Team Galactic will most likely be gone so it won't have a Toxicroak to compete with.

lucario2000

Well u know May can be battling the Johto BF
OK
I think Brock will put Sudowoodo in the gym and taking only Happiny and Croajunk(don't know spelling) to Johto
Then His Happiny evolves to Chansey and evolves to Blissey
He also catches Tyorgue and it evolves to Hitmontop
Thats what I think

It's been a while since I last commented on my thoughts of each character's pokemon, so here goes...

Staraptor: Coming to Johto, Oak'd upon return to Pallet Town.

Grotle: Want it to evolve, but it's not going to. No big deal.

Monferno: Same as Grotle.

Buizel: I belive that if the writters were planning to evolve him they would have done it by now.

Gliscor: Next to be Oak'd.

Piplup: I think it may still evolve into Prinplup in the future.

Buneary: Certain it will evolve before long.

Cyndaquil: Will eventully evolve into Typholsion. Dawn's anwser to May's Venasaur.

Chikorita: Not sure if it'll evolve or not. Chikorita, Bayleef and Megainum have all be heavily featured in the anime already.

Croconaw: probably won't be seen in it's evolved form.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
ok no offence to people, but I honestly doubt Dawn's new Cyndaquil will evolve all the way to Typhlosion. Most others I've spoken to on this subject off the forum make rather stupid comments about the subject such as "well May's Torchic evolved to Blaziken near the end of her run" and you're thinking this...Torchic was her starter! Cyndaquil has only just been gotten coming to the end of Sinnoh! Seriously, try pulling this somewhere and I will not be happy :(

I also don't think Ash should get Gible/Gabite because it's just a little too much in my opinion, they can be a little too overpowered for Ash's team.

I do think that when Johto rolls around, Ash should reclaim Totodile and evolve it to Croconaw at the very least as well as bring Bayleef back to his team. Though I'd also compaign for Noctowl to return (I got a soft spot for the glittering owl), so drop Buizel/Grotle/Staraptor.

Brock, I agree with most people of his Happiny evolving, though how far I'm not certain about.

Finally, with the Cyndaquil capture securing Dawn's trip to Johto too, I think she should actually get a Marril which will evolve. Like maybe on their way back, Dawn goes with Brock to Pewter where Brock's mother's Marril might take a shine to Dawn and decide to tag along. Though she should ditch Mamoswine, I honestly think that was a rather bad move for the writers to make.

Jessie...BACK IN JOHTO! GET YOUR LICKITUNG BACK! Seriously, I used to like Wobafett, for about 2 episodes, but even if she keeps the blue annoying blob, give up Seviper to get it back.

James, I think he's fine as is. Possibly...I really want him to get his Growlithe back. It's not going to happy, but I just wish he would.

Last edited:

andyhaj

I think that Ash's Grotle will evolve! He already got a fully evolved fire starter, and I don't think he needs another one...

I hope that Dawn's Buneary will evolve soon, it needs to get even stronger than it is...

And Brock's Happiny will evolve. It doesn't happen much to Brock's team, and this is something that should happen...

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
I think that Ash's Grotle will evolve! He already got a fully evolved fire starter, and I don't think he needs another one...

He's already got a fully evolved Grass starter, "cough" Sceptile "Cough". I mean seriously, Paul has Torterra, Monferno has a cool backstory with the rival and seems really focused on IMO and we haven't seen Infernape yet.

Plus, Charizard technically isn't his. It let it go to train, it just fights for him sometimes.

andyhaj

He's already got a fully evolved Grass starter, "cough" Sceptile "Cough". I mean seriously, Paul has Torterra, Monferno has a cool backstory with the rival and seems really focused on IMO and we haven't seen Infernape yet.

Plus, Charizard technically isn't his. It let it go to train, it just fights for him sometimes.

Sorry, forgot about Sceptile...Not very much into the Hoenn Pokémon Ash has...

But it is what I was thinking about...

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

What are you rambling on about? Of course Charizard is his... Sure, its training in the Valley, BUT he never actually released it. He still has it's Pokeball and can recall it for battles whenever he feels is necessary. Same goes for Squirtle. They are both still his, but 'oaked' in places other than the lab.

thunderblade12

Charizard is his. If it wasn't so many people would be whining that the battles it won for Ash after being left at the Valley were "cheap"

But still, I wish people would stop obsessing over that "he has Charizard so he can never get another fully evolved fire type because they'd overshowed it" crap.

Ash got a fully evolved grass type (Sceptile) and it still didn't overshadow Ash's unevolved Bulbasaur. When Krabby evolved it didn't overshadow Squirtle.

By that logic the writers aren't going to have much options eventually. They wouldn't write themselves into such a corner especially when they have no idea what new pokemon future generations will hold. It's just like that "water curse" thing, ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.