• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread III - Now with Roman numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Seoul

Mijumaru should go to Brock - assuming he's coming to Isshu - if only because he's immune to the water type curse!

That'd be horrible. One, assuming Brock stays, that'd be kinda awkward in itself, what with us getting another caretaker in the group. Two, we all know how Mudkip was handled. We don't just want Mijumaru to go to Ash so that it can evolve, we want it with him so that it can develop and then evolve. :p

Blazicken

Sex on fire
what i hope for is that gible somehow stalks ash, and for ash to take it with him.
would be a waste to oak him so early, and i don't want another (ishu)pokemon to become the funbase of the season.
since Iris gets kibago, there could be some kind of rivalery between them.
that way we can see both of them mature + it could lead to fun entertainment ^^

it's time for ash to at least go and take on the elite 4 at the end of this series, so another powerhouse is always welcome.

so:
ash (ishu)
pikachu (just a wild guess <.< >.>)
gible (prlly not, but it doesn't hurt to hope for it)
Mijumaru (cause he DOES need at least one decent fully evolved water-pokemon at the end of the series)
mamepato (prlly, but i do hope for wooguru)
pokabu / hihidaruma (i don't really care, but he'll get a fire-pokemon, if not one of these two, then perhaps an unknown one)
*wildcard
i wouldn't mind ash having a dark and psychic type this time (with or without a seccond type)

Iris (ishu)
kibago
koromori
pokabu (if ash doesn't get it)
she's not doing contests but she's still a girl so perhaps a cute one?
like chillarmy, munna or rankurusu.

the contest-guy
tsutaja
Gochiruzeru (looks like a contest-pokemon to me)
& perhaps a cute one for him aswell?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
That'd be horrible. One, assuming Brock stays, that'd be kinda awkward in itself, what with us getting another caretaker in the group. Two, we all know how Mudkip was handled. We don't just want Mijumaru to go to Ash so that it can evolve, we want it with him so that it can develop and then evolve. :p

Plus Ash might avoid the curse this time around if he gets it as a starter along with Pokabu...

ShadowDragon16

One thing, Ash has always gotten the Ape/Turtle/Crab of ever region. Since Hihidaruma is a Ape, would it be likely he will get it? If so, then he wouldnt get pokabu, which I would really like to see.

I see:

Pikachu (Duh)
Mamepato (Regional Bird, always gets it)
Mijumaru (Just looking at it make me see Ash with it. Plus its been two regions since he got the water starter, hes due for this one)
Hihidaruma (Its the regional Ape, and Ash always get one)
New Grass type or Tsutaja

I believe Dento will have Tsutaja, and the rival will Pokabu

Silver_Seoul

One thing, Ash has always gotten the Ape/Turtle/Crab of ever region. Since Hihidaruma is a Ape, would it be likely he will get it? If so, then he wouldnt get pokabu, which I would really like to see.

Well those aren't exactly patterns, more like coincidences... the Writers don't go out of their way to give every Ape Pokemon to Ash. I admit he's got a knack for them but saying he has to catch the ape of a region is like saying his wildcard slot has to be Ground type.

It's really killing me that everyone's speculating entire teams when like... at least a hundred Pokemon have yet to be revealed. /:

JD

I see:

Pikachu (Duh)
Mamepato (Regional Bird, always gets it)
Mijumaru (Just looking at it make me see Ash with it. Plus its been two regions since he got the water starter, hes due for this one)
Hihidaruma (Its the regional Ape, and Ash always get one)
New Grass type or Tsutaja

I believe Dento will have Tsutaja, and the rival will Pokabu

I think Iris will end up with Pokabu but the rival ending up with one would be fine I guess and anyway I don't think we have ever gotten a main rival with a Fire type starter. I guess you could count Paul but he ended up releasing Chimchar so that doesn't really count.

Iris
Kibago
Pokabu
Chilarmy
Koromori(I could see Jessie getting this one as well)

Dento
Munna
Tsutarja

Jessie
Seviper
Yanmega/Koromori
Wobbufett

James
Carnivine
Mime Jr./Rankurusu

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
I'm thinking that Ash is getting the water and fire starter. It has happened before with Sinnoh for Chimchar and Turtwig and it worked well. Also, it the previews you could see both Mijumaru and Pokabu being used in the same gym place. I really think that Dento will get Tsutaja because it seems to fit him for now.

Gible i hope doesn't follow the Aipom route. Why would the writers give him to us and then chuck it out the window. There could be an alternate evo waiting for Gible this generation. I'm pretty positive that Ash will take Gible with it otherwise it would seem unfair.

terminoob

The Underdog
I'm thinking that Ash is getting the water and fire starter. It has happened before with Sinnoh for Chimchar and Turtwig and it worked well. Also, it the previews you could see both Mijumaru and Pokabu being used in the same gym place. I really think that Dento will get Tsutaja because it seems to fit him for now.

Gible i hope doesn't follow the Aipom route. Why would the writers give him to us and then chuck it out the window. There could be an alternate evo waiting for Gible this generation. I'm pretty positive that Ash will take Gible with it otherwise it would seem unfair.

Why? He mastered DM and starred against Conway. Not much else for him to do aside from train normally, which he can do at Oak's.

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
If Ash gets both Pokabu and Mijumaru I can see a carbon copy of DP. Mijumaru looks to be getting a secondary fighting type, and Pokabu a secondary ground.... Infernape and Torterra much? And I can see them use the same, fast mini-power house to slow, defensive type thing, and then a Chimcar personality of Mijumaru, just with out Torrent powers.

Gazdust

I read somewhere that Black and White is kinda starting new like even the route will be reset to Route 1 etc so maybe the writers will do a restart on the anime meaning that Ash could get all the starters like in Kanto and Johto.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
If Ash gets both Pokabu and Mijumaru I can see a carbon copy of DP. Mijumaru looks to be getting a secondary fighting type, and Pokabu a secondary ground.... Infernape and Torterra much? And I can see them use the same, fast mini-power house to slow, defensive type thing, and then a Chimcar personality of Mijumaru, just with out Torrent powers.

Pokabu could also turn to be a Fire/Rock or Fire/Ice...

SLM

I think Pokabu's evolution will be Fire/Ground type. Pigs generally like to wallow in mud, sand etc. I also think Tsutaja will turn into a Grass/Poison type and Mijumaru a pure Water type throughout.

ShadowDragon16

Well those aren't exactly patterns, more like coincidences... the Writers don't go out of their way to give every Ape Pokemon to Ash. I admit he's got a knack for them but saying he has to catch the ape of a region is like saying his wildcard slot has to be Ground type.

It's really killing me that everyone's speculating entire teams when like... at least a hundred Pokemon have yet to be revealed. /:

I never said Ash would get Hihidaruma, I was just saying that every time a new Ape, Turtle, or Crab Pokemon appeared Ash always got it. I was just speculating.

I think when the other hundred pokemon get released team will change. However Iris doesnt look like the girl who would have 6 pokemon with her, since her goal was never mentioned

Blazicken

Sex on fire
i wish for pokabu bot be fire-dark
mijumar to be water-psychic
tsutaja to be grass-flying
would be kind of fresh & new

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
Why? He mastered DM and starred against Conway. Not much else for him to do aside from train normally, which he can do at Oak's.

So then basically Gible would've followed the Glalie route, learn/master a move and then bye-bye. That, in my opinion is just as bad as the Aipom route.

Please, please, please no more Fire Monkeys! I want Ash to get a really cool fire pokemon. There always seems to be a big shortage of cool and available Fire, Water, and Grass types for the main characters to use.

Tsutaja...Grass/Fighting It seems to have fighting glove/tape thing on its wrists
Pokabu...Fire/Dark (Why, has anyone else but me read the Lord of the Flies...lol)
Mijumaru...Water/Ice maybe unfortunately

World Turtle

Please, please, please no more Fire Monkeys! I want Ash to get a really cool fire pokemon. There always seems to be a big shortage of cool and available Fire, Water, and Grass types for the main characters to use.

Unless I'm mistaken Hihidaruma resembles more of a Gorilla then a Monkey and as far as Apes are concerned Ash has only ever caught Monkey based Pokemon and even then he has only kept one (Infernape) so it really isn't 100% certain Ash will catch Hihidaruma.

Regarding the Starters: We don't know what Dento has, but we know Iris has Kibago and from what we know neither of them sound like beginners so why would they be at the Lab to get a Starter? So it's still up in the air really.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
i wish for pokabu bot be fire-dark
mijumar to be water-psychic
tsutaja to be grass-flying
would be kind of fresh & new

Grass/Flying: Tropius
Fire/Dark: Houndoom
Water/Psychic: Slowking

Fresh and new indeed...

Oh really? Please tell me where you got this information from. Please, oh please, oh PLEASE!!

Was going to ask the same thing, beaten...

So then basically Gible would've followed the Glalie route, learn/master a move and then bye-bye. That, in my opinion is just as bad as the Aipom route.

Tsutaja...Grass/Fighting It seems to have fighting glove/tape thing on its wrists
Pokabu...Fire/Dark (Why, has anyone else but me read the Lord of the Flies...lol)
Mijumaru...Water/Ice maybe unfortunately

Aipom's ending was horrifying, it was fine had it just stayed with Dawn...

About Tsutaja, It doesn't have anything on it's wrists... It's entire arm is green and stubby.

My bet is:

Tsutaja - Grass/Poison: It's name consists of Ivy and Snake.. both heavily associated with Poison.

Pokabu - Fire/Fighting: I don't like it, but the fact that it seems to be wearing a bandana as in how martial artists makes me think it is...

Mijumaru - Water: You just can't know.. It's evolution still looks the same, nothing out of the ordinary. It being very whitish doesn't mean it will gain an Ice type, just look at Empoleon, Penguins live on Ice, is it an Icetype? No! Steel! Why? We don't know...

I guess the pokedex entries should clarify things.

Ryo

o rly?
I want Harvey Dento to get Smugleaf so bad it hurts.

Regarding the Starters: We don't know what Dento has, but we know Iris has Kibago and from what we know neither of them sound like beginners so why would they be at the Lab to get a Starter? So it's still up in the air really.

"Starter" pokemon don't necessarily have to be obtained in the Lab.
Ash's Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndiquil, Totodile, Treeko, Turtwig and Chimchar all say Waddup.
Hell, come to think of it, Ash's Pikachu and May's Torchic are the only two main character's pokemon to be recieved from a professor, ammirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.