• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread III - Now with Roman numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLM

There has always been a rough formula to Ash's teams. All signs point to him getting:

Pikachu (starter)
Mamepato (Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor)
Tsutaja (Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra)
Fire type (Charizard, Quilava, Torkoal, Infernape)
Water type (Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel)
Wild Card (Lots)

But with the games starting a 'fresh' this generation and there being lots of changes, I hope they will change up Ash's team also. Something like:

Pikachu
Mamepato
Pokabu
Mijumaru
Wild Card
Wild Card

No Grass type because I think Tsutaja suits Dento better than Ash.

terminoob

The Underdog
There has always been a rough formula to Ash's teams. All signs point to him getting:

Pikachu (starter)
Wild Card (Lots)

But with the games starting a 'fresh' this generation and there being lots of changes, I hope they will change up Ash's team also. Something like:

Pikachu
Mamepato
Pokabu
Mijumaru
Wild Card
Wild Card

Or he could just get a regular Grass type...

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

Pikachu (starter)
Wild Card (Lots)

Pikachu
Mamepato
Pokabu
Mijumaru
Wild Card
Wild Card

I like the idea of to wild cards, like the BF.

SLM

Or he could just get a regular Grass type...

Yeah but the point I'm trying to make is that it would be good if things were different. Ash has always had a Grass type in his team. It would be interesting to see him without one this region, kind of like how he never had a Fire type for the Battle Frontier (even though he called upon Torkoal and Charizard).

Silver_Seoul

Yeah but the point I'm trying to make is that it would be good if things were different. Ash has always had a Grass type in his team. It would be interesting to see him without one this region, kind of like how he never had a Fire type for the Battle Frontier (even though he called upon Torkoal and Charizard).

Only thing about that is that the BF Saga wasn't a formulaic one; meaning Ash didn't follow the typical "Pika-Flyer-Grass-Fire-Water-Random" that he usually does. Same with the Orange Islands. But during his four main quests, he's always had that set-up.

whataffah

What's the reason that Ash has to start all over again in the new region? Why can't it be like Johto? What if, out of his reserves of the league, Ash takes a full party.

Then some of that party will get training just like Charizard or something. It will get replaced for another gen. 5 pokemon. It would give others more time, like Totodile.

By the way, there are still reserves who didn't fought in the league at all, like Bayleef and Totodile. Did Torkoal appeared? I think they wouldn't appear against Paul or the LT, would they? Ash knows he has a Darkrai. He'd just use his full evolved, strongest pokemon. It should be Infernape, Heracross, Glalie, Snorlax, Torterra/Pikachu (can't choose) and Gible (shown his power against Conway, and is a star in-making)

Maybe Ash's team against the LT was already confirmed, but it needs the strongest ones.

Silver_Seoul

What's the reason that Ash has to start all over again in the new region? Why can't it be like Johto? What if, out of his reserves of the league, Ash takes a full party.

Because the Johto team was horribly handled and didn't get enough screentime thanks to that precious Kanto team.

No one wants a repeat.

I think having a bug type would be a great substitution for Ash's token grass type, depending on what it is that is. If it's like a jungle, tree living bug type or is a bug type with some grass traits (like that leaf worm), I think it'd be a good sub for Ash's grass type slot. It wouldn't exactly be the grass starter Ash usually has gotten, but it doesn't stray too far off type wise. A good compromise imo.

You could also apply this compromise with water and flying types. If Ash would switch it up but at the same time, somehow keep his same formula of pokemon he catches, just switch the water type with an ice type. And the flying type could be something else other than the bird.

Of course, not all those substitutions for Ash's token pokemon are going to be used in Isshu, and tbh I want to see Ash with an evolved water pokemon in his team for once. Not to mention, I think Ash could catch Mamepato too. Just saying that there are alternatives to Ash's token pokemon that are a good change without straying too far off from the pattern at the same time.

terminoob

The Underdog

Then some of that party will get training just like Charizard or something. It will get replaced for another gen. 5 pokemon. It would give others more time, like Totodile.

By the way, there are still reserves who didn't fought in the league at all, like Bayleef and Totodile. Did Torkoal appeared? I think they wouldn't appear against Paul or the LT, would they? Ash knows he has a Darkrai. He'd just use his full evolved, strongest pokemon. It should be Infernape, Heracross, Glalie, Snorlax, Torterra/Pikachu (can't choose) and Gible (shown his power against Conway, and is a star in-making)

Maybe Ash's team against the LT was already confirmed, but it needs the strongest ones.

Then people would complain that Pokemon on his team are getting shafted.

SLM

I personally don't think that will happen again unless there are remakes. The only reason he took his Kanto Pokemon to Johto is because in Gold and Silver, you could go back to Kanto.

If there were, for example, a Ruby and Sapphire remake coming out, maybe he would take Glalie with him, and use Swellow, Sceptile and Corphish at other times in the region.

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
I don't think that Glalie really showed enough to be classified as one of Ash's strongest. Personally, i think that its caught in the rift where most of Ash's pokemon are after the 8 of his real strong pokemon.

Waterpokes

Because the Johto team was horribly handled and didn't get enough screentime thanks to that precious Kanto team.

No one wants a repeat.

I want a repeat, if they bring back Charizard, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
Such a trio! All three could destroy anybody!
Rest of them are dead to me.

It's hard to predict a team for Ash right now. Need more Pokemon! I'm a little worried, if they don't reveal more Water-Pokemon soon. I want more Water Pokemon, and hopefully they won't look like Shellos! If they don't reveal more Water Pokemon, then Ash might get Mijumaru. Hopefully that won't happen because I was imagining Iris with Mijumaru.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I personally don't think that will happen again unless there are remakes. The only reason he took his Kanto Pokemon to Johto is because in Gold and Silver, you could go back to Kanto.

If there were, for example, a Ruby and Sapphire remake coming out, maybe he would take Glalie with him, and use Swellow, Sceptile and Corphish at other times in the region.

If he does go back to Hoenn...

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
I want a repeat, if they bring back Charizard, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
Such a trio! All three could destroy anybody!
Rest of them are dead to me.

Finally, someone who agrees with me. The Brandon episode was the best one so far minus Charizard flopping out.

I do want Ash to have Mijumaru and Pokabu. Im sure the creators will give Ash a rocking grass type that we will all love. A problem is that they had to resort to giving Ash a lot of starters because there weren't too many G/W/F types that we could see Ash getting especially in Kanto and Johto.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Finally, someone who agrees with me. The Brandon episode was the best one so far minus Charizard flopping out.

I do want Ash to have Mijumaru and Pokabu. Im sure the creators will give Ash a rocking grass type that we will all love. A problem is that they had to resort to giving Ash a lot of starters because there weren't too many G/W/F types that we could see Ash getting especially in Kanto and Johto.

Or a lack of Fire types in Sinnoh...

World Turtle

That is a major factor when it comes down to who gets the Starters (be they Ash or one of the othe main characters): The number of other Fire, Grass, and Water Types. For Ash it then comes down to which would work best for his battle style.

Notably Ash's Water-Types need to be able to fight on land (Squirtle, Totodile, Kingler, Corphish, Buizel) so unless there is another land walking Water-Type in Isshu Ash is most likely getting Mijumaru.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
I think that koromori is still a wild pokemon and Ash and his friends want to catch it even TR. At the end Iris and Ash catch it at the same time and battle to decides who gets to keep koromori. it can be possible ash and pidgeotto and charizard in the original series and staraptor and gliscor in diamond and pearl so why not have Koromori and Mamepato in Pokemon Best wishes too? Am I right?

gliscor&yanmega

He could have gotten a Magby.

Ash gets an Egg (first time ever)
It hatches!
He gets Magby.
It evolves into Magmar.
It evolevs into Magmortar!

Great right?

Ash has gotten an egg before, Phanpy egg. So him getting a Magby Egg wouldn't be the first egg he has gotten. Unless you're talking about something else.

I don't really like the idea of Ash with a Magmortar, seems odd in my eyes.

Waterpokes

Oh yeah! Forgot Phanpy, even though Donphan is one of my favorite Pokemon on Ash's team. Yeah yeah, he can still get it.
I would personally just give Ash a Gallade if I was a writer. It was one of the Pokemon I wanted Ash to get, no matter what.

For me, I think it will be a big mistake to give him all three starters, and I didn't really like seeing Ash with both Turtwig and Chimchar on the same team.

I doubt Ash getting a fire type this region won't be hard, since we've gotten more four fire types out of the 25? Pokemon revealed, and we will for sure get two more. I'm not sure about the water Pokemon this region. Please give us something good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.