• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Why would you want Ash to catch another Chimchar but be so hesitant on a brand new animal origins? I mean Ash has never had a fire pig before.

Look normally I would be against it, but this "triad" of monkey pokemon are kinda intresting to me, Aipom was too generic, and Infernape was basically portrayed as son goku, but this monkey while being the same primary element as chimchar has one thing Chimchar doesn't have.

It can't go insane or lose control of itself due to it's ability, and i'd rather that than run the risk of watching ganon piggy become Infernape 2.0 because it's also a "journey to the west." pokemon.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Mempeto(May follow in Starly's footsteps and evolve quickly which would be nice if it's a three stager.)

It "does" have a three stager if you want to believe the leaks, Hatopoo first evolution, and then a Pokemon that apparently has a pink mask "spring time" alternate form.

Did I miss something? Does Mamepato evolve into Hatooboo? I always thought Hatooboo evolved into Swana..... >__>

Yes it does evolve into Hatapoo. But Swana? Hatopoo doesn't look like a swan though or an ugly duckling it looks like a bigger Mamepato.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Wish list
1) Pikachu
2) Mamapeto
3) Mijumaru
4) Koromori
5) Shikijika
6) Wild card maybe the new Bull

On rotation
Pokabu and then it evolves

Speculation
1) Pikachu
2) Mamapeto
3) Shikijika
4) Hihidaruma
5) Kurimuru
6) Denchura

On rotation
Tsutaja
Bull Pokemon

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Iw will give my opinions on the teams in general:

Ash:
-Pikachu
-Mamepato. Confirmed, I have a feeling it evolves fast.
-Mijumaru. Confirmed.
-Pokabu. Since it is in the gym but it's not confirmed yet.
-Tsutarja. It has to be Ash's since the rules at the gym of Dento requires you to.
-Dangoro. A Rock type pokemon, evolves into Gigaiasu's pre-evo. Ash has to capture at least one Rock/Ground pokemon, so I'm guessing it is it.

Iris:
-Kibago. Confirmed.
-Mamanbou. A Water type pokemon. Girls usually have one.
-Tabunne. A Normal type pokemon that will suit Iris, especially because of its ability.
-Shimama. Like Dawn and Pachirisu, I think Iris will have an Electric type pokemon. This time it might evolve.

Dento
- Yanappu. Confirmed.

Jessie
-Wobuffett.
-Janobii. A new snake instead of Seviper, will evolve soon.
-Yanmega. Won't be replaced, this time Jessie will use two pokemon that know to fly.
-Koromori. As we see in the art.

James
-Carnivine. Will stay until the mid of Isshu.
-Mime Jr. The same.
-Kurumiru. Will be the replacement of Carnivine sooner or later, will evolve.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
-Tsutarja. It has to be Ash's since the rules at the gym of Dento requires you to..

Uh...What?

Ash is seen using Miju in the gym against the grass monkey so that's not a good reason, neither is simply because it's female and knows attract because how often do the writers bring genders up anyway?

dman_dustin

I never considered this fire Pokemon because of the very unlikelihood that it would never be caught by a main character. But after reading its confirmed Pokedex, it fits Ash perfectly. The Pokemon: Victini.

The Most Important Pokedex Entry: A Pokemon that brings about Victory. It is said that any trainer with a Victini will win any sort of challenge That sounds like the most perfect Pokemon for Ash.

But dang it for being a legendary Pokemon. I could actually see it getting treated like any Pokemon actually (only it will win/tie more than straight out lose).

But you see why I didn't consider it....but now it fits Ash perfectly given one of its Pokedex entry which sounds so Ash like, I might actually think of it as an option. Yes it is Legendary but it has the same or will likely have the same Base Stat Total as any Psuedo legendary) And it would contrast Infernape which is fire/fighting, and Victini is part psychic.

Wow, I didn't think it would be so perfect for Ash.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I'll post this here too>.>

So...I think each gym leader[from the first gym] has a monkey as their main pkmn and a starter
Dento has Tsutarja[that female one] and Yanappu
Red hair guy has Pokabu and the Fire monkey
Blue hair guy has Mijumaru and the Water Monkey

Shooti has Tsutarja,right?So maybe he'll chalenge the gym leaders and he'll battle the Fire one...remember the Pokabu we saw running around in a gym?It all makes sence...kinda>.>

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
Since BW seems like a real rebirth for the anime and the writers are aiming for a Kanto feel, I assume that his team will mirror the one he had in Kanto with him receiving all 3 starters at some point. Since Ash has grown tremendously as a trainer and is able to raise his pokemon more efficiently as seen with his Sinnoh team, I think the chances of all 3 of them evolving into their final stages is very possible. So IMO, I think his team will consist of the following pokemon and he will fully evolve them, with the exception of Pikachu, by saga's end:

• Pikachu
  • Mamepeto
  • Tsutaja
  • Mijumaru
  • Pokabu
  • ???

For the last slot, I can't imagine any pokemon revealed thus far that would be a good fit for Ash and his team. When all the new pokemon are revealed soon, I will be able to make a better analysis of his future roster.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Since BW seems like a real rebirth for the anime and the writers are aiming for a Kanto feel, I assume that his team will mirror the one he had in Kanto with him receiving all 3 starters at some point. Since Ash has grown tremendously as a trainer and is able to raise his pokemon more efficiently as seen with his Sinnoh team, I think the chances of all 3 of them evolving into their final stages is very possible. So IMO, I think his team will consist of the following pokemon and he will fully evolve them, with the exception of Pikachu, by saga's end:

• Pikachu
  • Mamepeto
  • Tsutaja
  • Mijumaru
  • Pokabu
  • ???

For the last slot, I can't imagine any pokemon revealed thus far that would be a good fit for Ash and his team. When all the new pokemon are revealed soon, I will be able to make a better analysis of his future roster.

Hoenn was a rebirth and Ash didn't get the 3 starters>.>

The Black Ninja

what i belive will be the pokemon ash will have in the beggining of his isshu journey. he will have them before the second gym

Ash:
-Pikachu . Duh
-Mamepato. Confirmed
-Mijumaru. Confirmed.
-Tsutarja . Ash always gets the grass starter

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I seriously hope that Ash doesn't get all 3 starters. 1 is good enough. And if they are really hoping to repeat Kanto, just give him another stampede of 30 Buffaroon.

thebluemarc

King of the World
It doesn't mean that what happened in Hoenn will happen in Sinnoh. And who are we to demand the writers not to give Ash all the starters just because "you don't trust that they cna handle it"?

I been saying time and time again that he will get all three not because I like it but because the context clues left by the previews is pointing to that direction.

I doubt that they will give Tsutarja to Dento or the other gym leaders will have the starter Pokemon simply because we are shown Tsutarja being battled by Mijumaru on the same field he was caught.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Its not that we are demanding Ash not to get 3 starters as we feel the writers can't handle it, but because we want to see other poke'mon on his team for a change.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I doubt Ash will get Tsutarja as Shooti has been confirmed to have one so, but of course you never know

Ash:

Pikachu
Mamepato
Mijumaru
Pokabu (it's being used in Dento's Gym so maybe Ash gets one too)

Iris

Kibago

Dento:

Yanappu
Monmen (Early grass pokemon shown and he'll need more than one so)
Churine (same as above)

Jessie:

Koromori (seen battling Pikachu, Kibago and Mijumaru and beside her in the beta artwork)

James:

Probably that new grass cactus guy

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
Hoenn was a rebirth and Ash didn't get the 3 starters>.>

Hoenn wasn't really a rebirth. Some 3rd Gen pokemon premiered in Johto, so they still had ties to each other even though Ash started fresh in Hoenn. But no 5th Gen pokemon have appeared in DP, there wasn't even a mention of Isshu in DP, and it's nowhere near the other regions, further signifying it as a clean slate and a new beginning for the series.

Torpoleon

Hoenn wasn't really a rebirth. Some 3rd Gen pokemon premiered in Johto, so they still had ties to each other even though Ash started fresh in Hoenn. But no 5th Gen pokemon have appeared in DP, there wasn't even a mention of Isshu in DP, and it's nowhere near the other regions, further signifying it as a clean slate and a new beginning for the series.
Also, in the games, no Generation V Pokémon are pre evolutions/evolutions of older ones and no old Pokémon appear in BW until you get the National Dex.

Either way, I hope Ash doesn't get all three Starter Pokémon, although it might happen and I guess I'd be fine with it. Pikachu, Mamepato & Mijumaru have already been confirmed to be on Ash's Team. Ash seems to be battling two different Tsutarjas. One against Shooti and one in the wild which is female and probably not Shooti's, so maybe Ash catches it?

There also is a Pokabu shown in the Sanyou Gym (where Mijumaeru VS Yanappu was shown), which might be Ash's as well.

Wildcards for Ash do seem kind of hard to guess right now, so I'll leave that one blank.

For Dento, I think he might have Shikijika along with Yanappu. Yanappu is confirmed to be in his team against Ash and in the games. Shikijika was with a few Pokémon in a poster underneath the main cast. Zekrom, Reshiram, Mijumaru, Pokabu, Tsutarja & Zorua were there for promotional purposes. Mamepato is on Ash's team, Kibago is on Iris's team, but what of Shikijika? Why show Shikijika? Dento is a Grass Type Gym Leader, so maybe he has one. We do know that Dento has two Pokémon when you battle him in the games, with one being Yanappu, which he also has in the anime and I'd assume that he'd have at least two Pokémon in the anime as well.

For Aloe, she probably has two Pokémon in the anime, like in the games. Since she uses Normal Type Pokémon, I think she could have Yorterrie. It seems to fit Aloe and is a Normal Type Pokémon.

Alkaid

Ash
Pikachu
Mamepato - Fully Evolve
Mijumaru - Fully Evolve
Pokabu - Wont Evolve
Tsutarja - No Clue
No Clue

Iris
Kibago
Shikijika

Dento
Yanappu
Munna

JD

I can't really see Ash getting all three starters the writers could barely handle two if he just got Mijumaru I'm fine with that. That way Iris could get Pokabu and Dento could get Tsutarja.

Ash
Pikachu
Mijumaru-Futachimaru- As I said before since Mijumaru is confirmed I could really see it evolving. Futachimaru really suits Ash's personality I don't know if it will evolve into its final stage but it would be pretty cool if it did.
Mamepato - Mamepato is confirmed and if the rumor about it evolving twice is true I could see it going all the way like Starly.
Baoppu - I know Ash just recently had a fire type monkey(Infernape) but this one suits him pretty well. Maybe it could go with the Mijumaru vs Yanappu thing in the games and you get Baoppu?
Shikijika - After seeing Mebujika I really want Ash to get this one maybe it could have a similar personality to Phanpy or Bayleef? Either way if he gets one I could see it evolving all the way to Mebujika.
Unknown Wildcard

Iris
Kibago - Her mascot it's not evolving plus I doubt Ononokusu could fit in her hair.
Pokabu->Chaobuu - I could see Ash getting Pokabu too but it suits Iris better in my opinion if she gets it I could see it evolving all the way to it's final stage. In other words it would pretty much be her Gyrados/Blaziken/Mamoswine.
Yooteri - I'd rather see her get this one them Chillarmy it looks like a really energetic cute pokemon and it suits her pretty well. However if it evolves I could only see it evolving maybe once.
Emonga - I guess its sort of the new Pikachu clone and if thats the case I guess someone might own it on the main cast.
Unknown Water Type/Tadpole
Unknown Grass Type/Treecko? - I know this probably won't happen but still May got Squirtle and Bulbasaur and Dawn got Cyndaquil. So I guess the same thing could happen for Iris.

Dento
Yanappu - It seems like it might be his mascot so I can't see it evolving. But if Ash gets a Baoppu I could see his Baoppu evolving into its final stage.
Tsutarja - I don't know if its confirmed or not but Tsutara suits Dento pretty well. And if he gets it I guess it would go all the way evolving from Janobii to its final stage.
Tamagetake - Suits him I guess well Dento's a waiter at a Diner right? And some Diners serve Mushrooms haha but anyway I could see him getting one.
Unknown Water Type.
Unknown Wildcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.