• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

I don't think that beta artwork says anything about Ash's team. For one thing Dento isn't there. It's fairly clear the beta art is for early episodes, namely the first four before Dento shows up. I'm guessing Futachimaru and Janobii belong to Don George.

In fact...

Don George
Umbreon
Futachimaru
Janobii
How do we know it isn't more than four episodes before Dento debuts?

Well, I guess we will have to see, since I know the basic form of the Generation V Starter Pokémon are there for promotional purposes, Don George appears relatively early in the series and the Umbreon seems to be his (apparently the Eeveelutions weren't seen enough before and now they want to showcase them even more). A Koromori was seen in some BW Previews and is more than likely Jessie's that she catches fairly early on. Iris debuts in BW002 with Kibago.

I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I'm hoping Koromori is James' Pokemon rather than Jessie's. James really needs another Pokemon right now. Mime Jr does nothing which leaves him with Carnavine as his only Pokemon. If he had Koromori he'd have the same amount as Jessie.

Silver_Seoul

I'm hoping Koromori is James' Pokemon rather than Jessie's. James really needs another Pokemon right now. Mime Jr does nothing which leaves him with Carnavine as his only Pokemon. If he had Koromori he'd have the same amount as Jessie.

The writers follow some idiotic clause that Meowth counts for both of them and they can only have a maximum of 3 Pokemon, meaning the other one has to have two. So basically, Jessie or James can only have 3, and if they do, the other has to have two.

So it could be,

Jessie - 3
James - 2
Meowth

or

James - 3
Jessie - 2
Meowth

And honestly, I hate that, but it's been that way since Kanto.

cauldronmaster

The only unconfirmed pokemon i can see Ash getting so far is the fire monkey (Boappu) and the Grass/Fighting legendary (that's right, a legendary for Ash)

The writers obviously will want to showcase the three monkeys in a triple battle due to the blatant synergy they have with each other (Why else would Gamefreak create three pokemon that 1) look identical asthetically, 2) share the same type triangle as the starters, and 3) are featured in a scenario in which the first gym leader will own the one that has a type advantage against your own starter). Dento is already confirmed to have Yanappu, the grass monkey, which leaves Ash and Iris with the fire and water monkeys. Since Ash is already confirmed to have another water type (Mijumaru), he will get Boappu, leaving Iris with Hiyappu, the water monkey. Besides, the fire monkey is a perfect fit for someone like Ash, who has just spent the past three years taming a certain other fire monkey (coughblazeapecough).

As for the Legendary, I believe that, after featuring a legendary user in a pokemon league with virtually no backstory, there is nothing holding back the writers from having Ash capture one for himself. The Grass/Fighting one would work out well in terms of preventing the majority of the fanbase from viewing Ash as a cheap uber abuser in the same way they view Takuto for two major reasons.

1) It is clearly a member of a trio, with the other two members being the Rock/Fighting and Steel/Fighting legendaries that are listed before it in the pokedex. As such, it is still subordinate to a greater authority (which would be one of the more powerful legendaries), which means they wouldn't be able to hold a diety-esque status. In addition, a future league rival could capture the rock or steel fighter, which creates an easy backstory for the writers to work with. Another option is to build up its connection to Ash in a similar manner to Ash's connection to Azelf, having Ash catch the pokemon during the aftermath of the Team Plasma Climax.

2)Grass and Fighting together perfectly symbolize Ash's personal style: A Down-to-Earth, ambitious trainer who never backs down, and fights to become stronger through natural, humane means. The majority of Ash's out-of-the-box strategies involve utilizing one of the five senses, synonomus with nature, and in turn, the grass element. Ash also tends to deploy his pokemon in melee battling positions, rather than hit-and-run, ranging positions, with is synonomus with the fighting element.

Those are my two cents

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What about Tsutarja for the main cast? The Starter Pokémon have always been present on the main cast. Iris was only seen with Pokabu pinching one's cheeks and then we see one in the Sanyou Gym, so maybe it is Ash's, but Iris is just pinching its cheeks, like what she did with Ash's Pikachu,

Yup you're totally right, but like I said, I only wanted to give a model of the earlier teams from the first few episodes. I truly believe that Tsutarja won't join Ash and Co until later. I think it'll be something like the whole Paul and Chimchar thing that happened in Sinnoh, only a tad different so that it doesn't totally clash with past events. Maybe this time, Tsutarja will leave it's trainer and join Ash instead. You know, a fickle Pokemon :p

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
The writers follow some idiotic clause that Meowth counts for both of them and they can only have a maximum of 3 Pokemon, meaning the other one has to have two. So basically, Jessie or James can only have 3, and if they do, the other has to have two.

So it could be,

Jessie - 3
James - 2
Meowth

or

James - 3
Jessie - 2
Meowth

And honestly, I hate that, but it's been that way since Kanto.
Well James did have Cacnea, Mime Jr and Carnavine while Jessie had Wobbuffet, Seviper and Dustox for a while.

Grei

not the color
I personally hope that all of their Pokemon except for Meowth (and maybe Wobbuffet) are ditched and they both get assigned brand new Pokemon. It's times like these that I wish a second snake had been released for the 5th Gen.

James is bound to get a Grass-type. Grass-types have become his signature Pokemon. I'm personally hoping he gets Tamagetake (although I bet that he'll get Kurumiru).

Not counting Meowth (and maybe Wobbuffet):
Jessie
Koromori
Tsutarja (I'd love it if this happened, although I don't see it)

James
Kurumiru
"Dancing Cactus"/Tamagetake
Dentula (I just think this'd be cool)

Last edited:

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Jessie (sinnoh)
;202; Wobbuffet - Will probably stay
;336; Seviper - Had a humiliating capture and should leave
;469; Yanmega - May leave to free this spot for a new bug

Jessie (My guess for Isshu)
Wobbuffet
Seviper
Denchura - The bug who replaces Yanmega

James (Sinnoh)
;439; Mime Jr - Will probably stay
;455; Carnivine - May leave to free the spot for a new plant

James (My guess for Isshu)
Mime Jr
Tamagetake - He had a cactus, Venus fly traps, and this one is a mushroom.

If one of them gets Koromori, its a pokemon James can use in PokeRinger if one exist in Isshu.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I am really tired of seeing Seviper, that I hope that Jessie trades it for a Tsujarta's final evo who won't even listen to her.
James also needs new poke'mon. I hoped for him to get a Snover(which would replace Mime Jr.), but that didn't happen. Anyway, whatever he gets hopefully its a dual type(if its grass again).

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I am really tired of seeing Seviper, that I hope that Jessie trades it for a Tsujarta's final evo who won't even listen to her.
James also needs new poke'mon. I hoped for him to get a Snover(which would replace Mime Jr.), but that didn't happen. Anyway, whatever he gets hopefully its a dual type(if its grass again).

Something tells me that Jessie won't get Tsutarja or its evolutions. We've already seen that Shooti has a Tsutarja and there is some evidence towards Ash catching one too. If Jessie catches anything, I would guess that it would be Koromori. James, I can see catching something like Tamagetake.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I hope Denchura is in the main cast.... maybe Dento's... Gotta love that spider....:D

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Something tells me that Jessie won't get Tsutarja or its evolutions. We've already seen that Shooti has a Tsutarja and there is some evidence towards Ash catching one too. If Jessie catches anything, I would guess that it would be Koromori. James, I can see catching something like Tamagetake.

There is no evidence Ash is catching Tsutarja...We only know Ash is getting Mijumaru...I doubt he'll be getting the other starters and it'll be lame if he gets them with all those other Isshu pkmn

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
All we've seen is Ash fighting a Tsutarja. We don't know if he'll catch it or not. Anyway, Jessie getting one, isn't gonna happen I know, but its not wrong to imagine it, is it?

JD

I don't know if Ash's Mijumaru will evolve all the way to it's final stage. But I could kind of see it pulling a Grovyle and not evolving until the filler arc if there Is one or maybe sometime before the league.

Ash
Pikachu
Mamepato-Hatopoo-Final Evolution
Mijumaru - Futachimaru
Baoppu - Final Stage
Shikijika - Mebujika
Meguroko-Meguroko 2nd stage
Rankurusu
* If Ash ever gets a Meguroko I could see him switching it rotating it with Rankurusu if he ever gets one.

gliscor&yanmega

Ash:
Pikachu-...I don't know what to say other then it's confirmed and it was obvious since Johto lol.
Mamepato and it's evolutions-Well he was battling it. He threw a Pokeball at it. Unless something happens, Ash gets it.
Mijumaru and it's evolutions-It's seen battling with Ash in the Gym so unless something happens, Ash gets it.
Unknown Fire type
Unknown Grass type
Moguryu and it's evolutions-I don't mind Ground types with him, and it will also be his first Steel type if it evolves.

I think Ash may get more then these though, maybe two more Pokemon.

Iris:
Kibago-Confirmed.

Can't see her with anything else at the moment.

Dento:
Yanappu-Confirmed
Another Grass Type-He has two Pokemon in the games so he will probably have two in the anime too.

I think Dento will do Musicals so I think he may get 6 Pokemon in total. I say:
Meguroko-I want it on the main cast.
Emonga-Why not.
Yooterii-Why not.
Unknown Pokemon.

Shooti:
Tsutaja and it's evolutions-Has Tsutaja and he might as well get it's evolutions.
Pokabu and it's evolutions-I think he has it.
Wargle-Why not.
Ononokusu-Nice powerful Dragon.
Unknown Pokemon
Unknown Pokemon

Maybe a few more.

Jessie:
Wobbuffet-Why leave?
Koromori-Beta artwork, of course it's not 100%, Maybe it replaces Yanmega.
New Snake-Seviper has been with us for a while, I like it but it will probably leave soon.

James:
Mime Jr-No reason to leave unlike the pass Pokemon
New Grass type that hurts him-I like Carnivine but it will probably leave
Another new Pokemon.

Both:
Meowth-It's a Pokemon.

I'm hoping the writers give them some more Pokemon then normal. I think James will do Musicals this time so he may need some more Pokemon(Although he could probably just borrow them for Jessie).

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
No, I don't think its confirmed that Ash getting all starters is confirmed, but I don't see why people want him getting all 3.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Will just do Ash's for now:

Pikachu

Mijumaru (fully evolves)

Mamepato (fully evolves, and would show off the season changes with its spring forme)

Porkabu/Baoppu (could be either, but more likely Baoppu since it would tie in with the games, stays in 1st form.)

Moguryu (fully evolves, since both are tiny pokemon i could see them as powerhouses that are seen as weak by opponents due to size)

Monmen (evolves once)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
If Ash does get all three starters I'd hope the stages wind up like this

Futachimaru
Tsutaja final form
Pokabu

This would work out quite nicely. So far all of Ash's fire starters have evolved so having Pokabu as the one to stay in it's basic form would be the best choice. Futachimaru looks much better than it's evolved form and Tsutaja has the best final form out of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.