• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

Also, I searched previous calendars. http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/search/label/Calendar

And they usually show Pokemon that mainly belong to the the main cast, for example, the inside of the 2009 one where it shows Suodowoodo, Pachirisu, Happiny, Croagunk, Staravia etc.

So maybe out of Archeops, Mandibuzz and Braviary, one of them could go to someone. Also, I don't think the starters last evolutions on the front means much since they're the starters and it is pretty early on, but I wouldn't mind them all fully evolving, but I'm still not sure yet.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XuYEL_H7i...0/Pokemon+Calendar+2012+BiMontly+Hagoromo.JPG

Also, the other 3 Pokemon here usually appear on Best Wishes merchandise, so it might not mean anything, but I'm still happy that Klink is there.

Um what's with the random Piplup on the 2012 calendar with Unova Pokemon....?

The first thing that comes to my mind is a Dawn return.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Piplup is really popular in Japan, it still comes in freken adverstisement even after DP ended.

I receive emails from pokemon.jp newsletter frequently and he is there most of the times on something.

Last edited:

IcySealeo

I guess it's because of the new PokePark game, because Piplup and Pikachu along with the starters are starring there.

Haunter ゴースト

Piplup is really popular in Japan, it still comes in freken adverstisement even after DP ended.

I receive emails from pokemon.jp newsletter frequently and he is there most of the times on something.

Fairplay that makes sense I guess haha.

With the picture, the three starters at their second stage looks promising, but there's too many random pokemon for my liking on it to believe that it proves anything.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It was an old picture nevermind I removed it haha, though it was new.

On another note, just saw Piplup expression, its like he is looking at Pikachu and the other starters having fun and is like "GIEF ME, GIEF ME".

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Truthfully I hope Tranquill stays a Tranquill for quite a while. To short of make up it being a Pidove and not doing anything but hey that kinda happened with Starly as well.

When is she going to show her Super Luck ability? I think that will be her niche separate from Ash's birds. Noctowl has the psychic attacks, Swellow has his amazing electricity endurance, and Staraptor has Close Combat.

Waterpokes

Truthfully I hope Tranquill stays a Tranquill for quite a while. To short of make up it being a Pidove and not doing anything but hey that kinda happened with Starly as well.

When is she going to show her Super Luck ability? I think that will be her niche separate from Ash's birds. Noctowl has the psychic attacks, Swellow has his amazing electricity endurance, and Staraptor has Close Combat.

For all we know, she might have Big Pecks. I just checked Bulbapedia, and she has not shown any ability yet, so it could be either one of them.

Honestly, whether it evolves or not, it will probably be the same as now, neglected for any screentime. Such a poor treatment for Tranquill, and while it is a regional bird, she does deserve some screentime. But you know, as long as Oshawott is on Ash's team, it will probably be neglected forever.

Hopefully Ash won't capture any new Pokemon. I've always wanted to see Ash rotate his team, and see how they would handle it, but so far, they have fallen flat. Who are Swadloon and Tranquill? Ash has a Palpitoad and Roggenrola? I know nothing about those four Pokemon and what their personallity are? The amount of appearances is not the only factor in this, but also evolving the characters, which neither of them have gotten. Sure hope that Ash will not capture Cubchoo in the future, since I do not want to see another Pokemon get shafted.

The way they split the screentime to each Pokemon, it reminds me of reality shows. They focus on maybe one or two character(s), who becomes screen-hoggers, and thus making everybody else background characters you don't care about because you don't get to know them.

Now, they could change, and make everyone equal (they probably won't), but it won't change the fact that most of Ash's team were dull at the beginning.

WaterShuriken

For all we know, she might have Big Pecks. I just checked Bulbapedia, and she has not shown any ability yet, so it could be either one of them.

Remember the egg event with Pidove, Axew, and Pansage? They were based on the gang's pokemon. Pidove always hatched with Super Luck and was always female.

Aegon

Remember the egg event with Pidove, Axew, and Pansage? They were based on the gang's pokemon. Pidove always hatched with Super Luck and was always female.
That's only confirmed via a game event. The anime could easily give Tranquill Big Pecks. Nothing's been confirmed on-screen as of yet.

WaterShuriken

That's only confirmed via a game event. The anime could easily give Tranquill Big Pecks. Nothing's been confirmed on-screen as of yet.

Not really. Specially if they promoted it so be exactly like the game characters pokemon.

The Axew had Dragon Rage and Scratch, always male and with Mold Breaker (we have yet to see Mold Breaker)
Pansage had Bullet Seed, Bite, Solarbeam and Dig, always male with and with Gluttony (There is no real use for Gluttony in the anime due to them not holding items like that)
Pidove had Air Cutter, Quick Attack and Gust, always female with it's ability Super Luck (We have seen Trip's with Super Luck and since there's barely any defense decreasing moves in the anime shown then Big Pecks is a waste and not to mention a big slap to Tranquill's face.)

Also the event Scraggy had Leer, Headbutt, Hi Jump Kick and Low Kick.
Two of those moves were not yet learned in the anime but he learned one. The Scraggy was always male and with Moxie.

Also didn't the Scraggy event also confirm Scraggy's gender way before Emolga joined the group and used Attract on it?

Haunter ゴースト

I actually LOVE Unfezant's evolutions, even the female one, it's quite regal, I hope Ash's evolves soon.

I expected Ash to get the male one (back before we found out in BW007) since it's design was a lot different and more unique, bit of a surprise when I found out it was female.

I expect we'll see Trip and Ash's Unfeazants face off at some point haha.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Well, everyone did.

I'm glad they went with the unpopular opinion and gave him the female one, I think it makes his bird a little more interesting than the muscle beaks he had the last two gens.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Unfeazant as a pokemon has nothing in common with Swellow and Starptor already, its a more delicate bird(male or female) and a special attacker not a physical attacker.

Last regions we got two birds that were almost the same, durable physical birds(aswell as Pidgeot).

Unfeazent is diferent enough even from Noctowl to stand out when battling, obviously if they give her the moves they should(or rather what I think they should).

Looking at her moveset I see potential nice battles with what she has.

Also I agree on the whole female thing, I thinks its nice that they actually went this route instead of the male that stand out more, it might stand out more to use the one that stand out less(makes sense? yeah nah XD).

Ultimatebattler321

Master of Fire types
I dont think ash'll catch Krokorok

Ash with a Serperior and Emboar would make me so incredibly happy!

That would be so AWESOME!!!

I don't think Ash will evolve Oshawott, because he doesnt really evolve pokemon that need to train more to learn a move like Gible with Draco Meteor but he WILL evolve Snivy + Tepig.

Iris will evolve Axew to Haxorus as she has mentioned wanting to evolve it to Haxorus throughout the BW series.

WaterShuriken

I don't think Ash will evolve Oshawott, because he doesnt really evolve pokemon that need to train more to learn a move like Gible with Draco Meteor but he WILL evolve Snivy + Tepig.

Treecko had to learn Bullet Seed and he evolved. Turtwig had to learn Energy Ball and it evolved. Starly had to learn Aerial Ace and Brave Bird and it evolved. Snorunt had to learn how to control Ice Beam and it evolved...

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care

It's funny you say that, and then say Tepig will evolve, considering he worked on Flame Charge.

It's funny you say that, and then say Tepig will evolve, considering he worked on Flame Charge.

Actually, it was Oshawott who had to work on Aqua Jet. Tepig just learned the move while training to beat Lenora's Lillipup and it was able to stop a Giga Impact without any practice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.