• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that pokemon supposedly legendary as well?

I really think some people are viewing this "rebirth/reboot" factor a little too much.

It's a 2 stage evo apparently. The first stage was blue and I think is just a bug type and it gets the steel type when it evolves. That's as far as I can recall. But I'm pretty sure it's not a legendary.

The other bug/steel is the last event pokemon with a cannon in its head I think?

Anyway, yeah, I was just saying how a bug knight might be another cool choice for a possible wildcard for Ash in the anime.

Grei

not the color
Isn't that pokemon supposedly legendary as well?

I really think some people are viewing this "rebirth/reboot" factor a little too much.

There is a Bug/Steel Event Legendary (even more evidence against Ash getting it), but Melkor recently revealed a Bug-type Pokemon that evolved into a Bug/Steel type.

Shadow XD001

Ooh, a new NPT! Let's hope this one doesn't get closed, or at least for awhile.

Anyway, let's see what I think Ash and Co. will hopefully have in Isshu!

Ash Isshu Team - Pre-Evolutions
Pikachu- Do I even need to write this one?
Mamepato- Look at Pikachu.
Mijumaru - Confirmed.
Moguryu - So far, I think this one could be a good wildcard. Could change once more Pokemon are revealed.
Unrevealed Fire Type - I don't want Ash to get Pokabu and we've already had Fire Monkeys, so hopefully an Unrevealed Fire Type would be good for his team.
Unrevealed Grass Type - Hopefully a Grass Type will come up that's good.

Iris's Isshu Team - Pre-Evolutions
Kibago - Look at Ash's Pikachu
Yooterii - To me, it seems like a good Pokemon for her and looks kind of cute, so I don't see Iris with big, bad Pokemon like Denchura
Emonga - It can fly, and Iris likes swinging on vines. Seems perfect for her.
Munna - Take a look at Yooterii

Dento's Isshu Team - Pre-Evolution
Yanappu - ...
Churine - Dunno, seems to me like it would fit him. It's a grass type, right.
Meh, I don't know what else to put for Dento, so I'll leave this the way it is, and change it up later on.

Now, onto evolutions:
Ash's Isshu Team - Evolved
Pikachu - ...
Mamepato Final Evolution - Has always happened for past Regional Birds.
Futachimaru - Was in the Beta Artwork, so it should be Ash's first Water Type to evolve, and once is perfectly fine, IMO.
Doryuuzu - If Ash gets Moguryu, it should definitely evolve, and looks like it could be a major powerhouse as Doryuuzu.
As for the unrevealed once I put, I'll have to wait and see what their evolutions look like, and what the Pokemon themselves look like.

Iris's Isshu Team - Evolved
Kibago - ...
Yooterii/Evolved Once - Depends on if it evolves, and what its evolved form looks like.
Emonga - Look at Yooterii
Musharna - Could see it evolving at one point in Isshu

I really don't know about Dento, and would have to see what happens once more Pokemon are revealed.

leafeonfan625

hmm now with all these new pokemon, im getting some ideas about the new teams:

ASH:
pikachu
mamepato --> evolving all the way
mijumaru --> evolving all the way
kurumiru --> evolving all the way
darumakka --> evolves to hihidaruma
rankurusu --> good wild-card for him

IRIS:
kibago
pokabu--> evolving no further than chaobu
chillarmy --> good fit for her
yooteri --> cute, good pokemon for her, maybe evolving (if it has an evolution)
monmen --> good grass type

DENTO:
yanappu
tsutaja --> good fit, evolving at least to janobii, hopefully all the way
swana --> really want him to have this pokemon!
mamanbou --> good fit if he decides to do dance competitions
churine --> cute pokemon for him

SHOOTI
tsutaja -->evolving all the way
denchura --> good fit, intimidating pokemon
baffuron --> same as denchura
gigaiasu --> same as baffuron
basurao --> good water type for him
doryuuzu --> good wild-card

JESSIE:
wobbuffet --> mascot at this point
seviper or a new snake --> tradition
koromori --> good fit, funny

JAMES:
carnivine --> "best friends" LOL :D
mime jr. --> dont see it leaving
tamagetake --> good third pokemon for him

thoughts anyone??

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the only two wildcards i actually would prefer Ash to get would be the electrical spider thing (Ok it's nothing new but it's so cool looking.) or the dark dragon, beyond that nothing else.

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
Ash -
Pikachu - NOWAI.
Mijumaru - Pretty much onfirmed here.
Mamepato - confirm-o.
Tsutarja - always gets a grass starter
Hiyappu - just so he doesn't get hihidaruma.
Meguroko - fits him

Its basically been confirmed that a team rocket member will receive Koromori.

When Mijumaru steps in to protect Pikachu and Kibago (The two pokemon that team rocket would be after) he shoots off a water gun attack which we now have seen was directed at a Koromori.

Its very likely that Jessie/James have received Koromori by the 3rd episode and have started using it to steal the main cast's pokemon.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Cant think of Ash's completely at the moment, but this is what I got so far.

Ash:
1. Pikachu (Confirmed)
2. Mijumaru (Confirmed)
3. Mamepato
4. Hihidaruma
5. ---
6. ---

Iris:
1. Kibago (Confirmed)
2. Chillarmy
3. Shimama
4. Swanna
5. Pokabu
6. Emonga

Dent:
1. Yanappu (Confirmed)
2. Shikijika
3. Monmen
4. Tsutaja
5. Kurimiru
6. Munna

Shooti:
1. Tsutaja
2. Megruoko
3. Doryuuzu
4. Wooguru
5. Denchura
6. Rankurusu

Jessie/James:
Wobbuffet
Seviper
Mime Jr.
Carnivine
Yanmega
Korimori

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Ash
Pikachu
Mamepato-I hope it has a personality
Mijumaru-I can see it evolving after the first movie and then staying in its second stage for quite a while cuz it's very Buizel-ish.Final stage before the last gym
Boappu-catches one after the first gym cuz he has Mijumaru
unrevealed Grass type/Shikjika
I can see him getting a fossil this time,maybe the turtle one>.>
Maybe he can get the polar bear...it'll help if there is a Dragon gym>.<

Dento
Yanappu
Tsutarja-he has 2 pkmn,I'm guessing Tsutarja is the second one
Kurumiru-cute and I think it suits him

Iris
Kibago-doesn't evolve
Pokabu-doesn't evolve
Emonga

Shooti
Tsutarja-I think it'll be Mijumaru's rival
Denchura-to rival Pikachu
Wargle-a rival for Mamepato,I can see it defeating Mamepato and it's evo like 2 times but after Mame fully evolves it'll kick Wargle's as*
Baffuron-just as a badas* pkmn[a paralell to Paul's Ursaring]-hard to beat
Meguroko-fully evolves
Desukan pre-evo...fully evolves by League time

Cheren-Ash's second rival but a little more friendly,relies on knowledge
Chaobuu-it fully evolves
Morguryuu-just fits

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
Ash:
Pikachu
Mamepato > Hatooboo > Final stage
Tstuarja > Janobii > Final stage
Mijumaru > Futachimaru > Final stage
Baoppu > Second stage
Moguryu > Doryuuzu

Iris:
Kibago
Pokabu > Chaobuu

Dento:
Yanapuu > Second stage
Shikijika > Mebukijika

Jessie:
Wobbuffet
Yanmega
Koromori > Second stage

James:
Carnivine
Kurumiru > Second stage

Good Stuff

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
ash
pikachu:derp
mamepato-final:confirmed,and the birds do always evolove fully.
mijimaru-final:confirmed,and he hasnt had a water type powerhouse in years.
pokabu-middle stage:he will probably catch all the starters,and not evoloving them seems lame.
tsutarja-middle stage:see pokabu
wildcard:either the ground steel doryuusu,or the ghost desukan.

iris
kibago;derp
chillarmy:cute,and therefore it fits her
tamagetake:looks just like a pokemon she could "fall in love" with
some unconfirmed pokes

dento
yanappu:......derp
shikija:grasss type that fits him
swana:see shikija
munna:see swana

jessie:
wobbufett:d e r p
seviper/unrevealed snake or a snail poke
koromori:seen in the betas.

meowth:
same team as allways;that being nothin.

james:
mime jr:derpdi derp
monmen:looks like it can kill,i mean eat him
tabunne:dunno why,but looks perfect for him.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I see this thread is following the "lol everything should fully evolve" trend even though it's a good thing at least one or two Pokemon in Ash's team stay in their basic form.

Torpoleon

I see this thread is following the "lol everything should fully evolve" trend even though it's a good thing at least one or two Pokemon in Ash's team stay in their basic form.
You're right. Although, with Ash's Mijumaru & Mamepato, Ash's Regional Birds always are fully evolved and Ash doesn't have a Water Type Powerhouse that is fully evolved. Kingler is fully evolved, but it is not a powerhouse, nor a Starter Pokémon.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
You're right. Although, with Ash's Mijumaru & Mamepato, Ash's Regional Birds always are fully evolved and Ash doesn't have a Water Type Powerhouse that is fully evolved. Kingler is fully evolved, but it is not a powerhouse, nor a Starter Pokémon.
Evolving once would be enough for Mijumaru, it doesn't need to be fully evolved to be a powerhouse. You forget that Bulbasaur is a powerhouse.

Torpoleon

Evolving once would be enough for Mijumaru, it doesn't need to be fully evolved to be a powerhouse. You forget that Bulbasaur is a powerhouse.
That's true. (So far, I'd only like for Mijumaru to evolve into Futachimaru.) I guess it is because people actually believe in the alleged "Water Type Pokémon Curse".

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
That's true. (So far, I'd only like for Mijumaru to evolve into Futachimaru.) I guess it is because people actually believe in the alleged "Water Type Pokémon Curse".
I consider it more of a blessing than a curse. It keeps the team from having too many fully evolved Pokemon.

dman_dustin

What wrong with having too many fully evolved pokemon?

I definitely agree with this, I don't know why people would be against evolutions (especially with Ash who is comparable to "you" but in anime form). I mean if you like pre-evolved Pokemon you could just watch episodes where the Pokemon are unevolved, or just don't evolve your Pokemon in the games. And most people do fully evolve their party in the games.

I say the more evolutions the better. I just can't imagine a unevolved Pokemon like Buizel being able to knock out Cynthia's Garchomp (with ice punch). I don't care how much the anime convey the message that evolution doesn't matter, Ash would be dealing with a champions fully evolved Pokemon; Ash should match it with a fully evolved Pokemon. Pikachu, yes I know is the permanent exception since it will never evolve, but I wouldn't believe any other Pokemon unless they managed to take down a legendary but only after it managed to take down quite a bit of fully evolved Pokemon.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
What wrong with having too many fully evolved pokemon?
Well the fact I said too many is a clue that the problem is that there are too many of them. It's good to have some basic and some evolved. Also as Torterra proved having too many fully evolved Pokemon can lead to some being neglected. If Turtwig never evolved it wouldn't be such a big deal that it got a loosing strike around the time it would have been Torterra.

Status
Not open for further replies.