• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluemarc

King of the World
[IMG139]http://i56.*******.com/20jg3kp.jpg[/IMG139]

This is the reason why I think Ash will capture Tsutaja.

Araleon

Chill
It looks as if Ash will get Tsutarja, which is a bit suckish. I wanted it to go to Iris once we discovered her Dragon affinity.

And then Ash could have gotten the epic Mebukijika.

And he's getting Pokabu? Sigh. Then again, there's no really good alternative that sems likely. A Hitamoshi would be cool, but is unlikely.

Ash -

Pikachu

Pikachu, Mamepato (A Wargle preevp would've been cooler...)

Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru

Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru, Pokabu

Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru, Pokabu, Tsutarja

Pikachu, Hatooboo, Mijumaru, Pokabu, Tsutarja

Pikachu, Hatooboo, Futachimaru, Pokabu, Tsutarja

Pikachu, Hatooboo, Futachimaru, Pokabu, Tsutarja, Komatana

Pikachu, Hatooboo, Futachimaru, Pokabu, Janobii, Komatana

Pikachu, Kenhorou, Futachimaru, Pokabu, Janobii, Komatana

Pikachu, Kenhorou, Daikenki, Pokabu, Janobii, Komatana

Pikachu, Kenhorou, Daikenki, Pokabu, Janobii, Kirikizan

Pikachu, Kenhorou, Daikenki, Pokabu, Janobii, Kirikizan, Aken/Kumashun/Ishizumai

Then, after the Isshu League, I'm hoping there will be a journey in one of the old regions. There, Ash would evolve Janobii, ditch Pokabu for Torkoal, and evolve his second wildcard.

^ I could really see that pacing for Ash's team for BW.

Although I'd see Ash evolve Janobii to Jaroda while Ash keeps one wildcard. I really want to see the wildcard more fleshed out than in the past. Kirkizan is a good choice for Ash for a wildcard too. Unique typing, something Ash doesn't have, looks pretty awesome, and it looks like a pokemon that fits Ash's battling style. I like it.

And I can't stress enough how much I want Ash to get Daikenki. It just looks too epic and awesome that the samurai sea lion has to be Ash's first fully evolved water powerhouse starter! :D

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I sure do hope Ash doesn't end up getting Pokabu, because I'd really like him to get Chandelar/Shanderaa, c'mon, give him a Ghost-type for once! I could really see this on him.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Ash did befriend a steel type Lucario in the Lucario movie where he helped it to find master aron or whatever but the Power ranger mon would be good for ash's team just like Denchura maybe they can be reserves.

I really hope Ash's Mamepato is male so it can evolve into Pink Mask Kenhorou, that version is just more suiting. The female version is not very good, but the pink mask is actually unique, so I hope Ash catches it.

Ash usually gets male pokemon for the most part. The only female pokemon he's had were Bayleef and Aipom iirc.

But yeah, I agree, pink mask looks much more fitting for Ash.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I sure do hope Ash doesn't end up getting Pokabu, because I'd really like him to get Chandelar/Shanderaa, c'mon, give him a Ghost-type for once! I could really see this on him.

Yeah. That would be really awesome. A fire/ghost type for Ash really do wonders, and it takes me back to Fantina's gym with Drifblim.

PokeMasterJames

Pokémon Master
After all these previews for the Anime and seeing all the new Pokemon via the game leaks, it's obvious this is the true re-imagining of Pokemon, with lots of similarities from the original.

We have the new Geodude line, new Machop line, new Meowth, new Weezing (Ice Cream Cone FTW!), new Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, the new Muk (that garbage bag blob thing), the new Tarous, the list goes on.

I've said since joining that this Anime was going to be exactly similar to Kanto. Examples so far confirmed: The two new companions being gym leaders, all the starters are likely Ash's (2 out of 3 are confirmed anyway) and the regional flyer (though that's every gen).

I think we are going to get the same format for Ash's team in the first season (Pika/Fire/Flyer/Grass/Water/a whole bunch of wildcards).

Possible wildcards (since I think this is the re-imagining, but still keeping new traditions tied in) are the mole, the new Tarous (probably another herd with him really only using the leader), the new Muk (I think that'd be hilarious if it eats people similar to Muk tackling others), the polar bear, the Power Ranger (that. would. be. awesome. 'nuff said), and hopefully the taranchula since Pika will struggle with Electric attacks for a few shows here and there.

thebluemarc

King of the World
I dunno but Pokemon that resembles objects just doesn't work for me (Rotom, IceCream Pokemon, Chandeler, Candle Pokemon etc.)

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Ghost types can disappear and make illusions right. That could work well with Ash's speed style.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I just hope that since this is a new start, Ash's "formula" would be ditched at least partly. Forgive me if I sound annoyed, but yes, his so called "team formula" is getting old. Why do the first five all have to have the same types, leaving only one wildcard, which is almost always Ground-type? I would like to see some changes here, and in my opinion, he should not get more than one starter this time, I'd like Wotter to be his only one.

What I really want to see:

-Pikachu: Kill this now, I'd be happier, but it's a staple so...
-Mijumaru->Futachimaru->(maybe)Daikenki: I would like this Water-type to evolve once or fully, it's been a long time since Kingler or something..

-Hitomoshi->Lamplar/Ranparaa->Chandelar/Shanderaa: I seriously love this evolution line, and it's Ghost-type, as well as Fire. Ash hasn't really owned a Ghost-type yet (I don't count Haunter) so this could suit him, besides its Fire typing keeps it from deviating his "formula" and it's not exactly a scary or evil-looking ghost...one starter is enough.

-Mamepato->Hatohboh->Kenhorou: Considering we saw him catch Mamepato, might as well...I agree with dman_dustin, pink mask one suits him more.

-Moguryu->Doryuzu: I chose this not because of the Ground-Type but for its Steel-Type. About time Ash got one.

-Kumashun or Vanipucchi or Meguroco->Warubiru: Nice ones I can't pick from. The Ice-types must not evolve though, Meguroco could evolve once. Besides, I'm so sick of Grass! Why not something else? But if it's really needed then...

-Shikijika->(maybe)Mebujika: Only if the equation has to really be followed. No more starters. Janoby and Jaroda don't suit him and I'm sick of seeing him get Grass starters all the time. This line is alright, whether evolved or not. I'm sick of him getting milquetoast Grass-types, why not something that could change? But really, I'd prefer 2 wildcards over a Grass this time.

There, but I seriously think he needs to ditch at least one type and get even at least 2 wildcards...grr, screw the formula >.<

aggronFTW

My guess
Pikachu (obvious)
Mijumaru -> Futichumaru (only evolves once, I like daikenki but it just doesnt really seem to suit ash)
Mamepato-> Hatooboo-> Kenhorou (normal forme, we see ash catching it anyway)
Shikijika -> Mebukijika (Would be good to show the seasonal variation that was introduced in this gen)
Baoppu/Pokabu (if pokabu, would evolve fully, if baoppu, would not evolve)
Kirikizon? (really hoping, I love kirikizon, it would be such a cool poke for ashs team)

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I just hope that since this is a new start, Ash's "formula" would be ditched at least partly. Forgive me if I sound annoyed, but yes, his so called "team formula" is getting old. Why do the first five all have to have the same types, leaving only one wildcard, which is almost always Ground-type? I would like to see some changes here, and in my opinion, he should not get more than one starter this time, I'd like Wotter to be his only one.

What I really want to see:

-Pikachu: Kill this now, I'd be happier, but it's a staple so...
-Mijumaru->Futachimaru->(maybe)Daikenki: I would like this Water-type to evolve once or fully, it's been a long time since Kingler or something..

-Hitomoshi->Lamplar/Ranparaa->Chandelar/Shanderaa: I seriously love this evolution line, and it's Ghost-type, as well as Fire. Ash hasn't really owned a Ghost-type yet (I don't count Haunter) so this could suit him, besides its Fire typing keeps it from deviating his "formula" and it's not exactly a scary or evil-looking ghost...one starter is enough.

-Mamepato->Hatohboh->Kenhorou: Considering we saw him catch Mamepato, might as well...I agree with dman_dustin, pink mask one suits him more.

-Moguryu->Doryuzu: I chose this not because of the Ground-Type but for its Steel-Type. About time Ash got one.

-Kumashun or Vanipucchi or Meguroco->Warubiru: Nice ones I can't pick from. The Ice-types must not evolve though, Meguroco could evolve once. Besides, I'm so sick of Grass! Why not something else? But if it's really needed then...

-Shikijika->(maybe)Mebujika: Only if the equation has to really be followed. No more starters. Janoby and Jaroda don't suit him and I'm sick of seeing him get Grass starters all the time. This line is alright, whether evolved or not. I'm sick of him getting milquetoast Grass-types, why not something that could change? But really, I'd prefer 2 wildcards over a Grass this time.

There, but I seriously think he needs to ditch at least one type and get even at least 2 wildcards...grr, screw the formula >.<

I like your choice of selections, although I could do without the ice type, and personally hope they pull a Phanphy with Gible(like many others).

Hilikus

Aqua Boogie
By regions end

Ash-
Pikachu
Jaroda
Chaobuu
Daikenki
Kenhorou
Doryuuzu

Reserves-
Deathkan
Dentula
Buffalon
Zuruggu

Iris-
Ononokusu
Chillarmy
Erufuun
Doubran
Crimgan

Dento-
Yanakey
Harderia
Gantoru
Mebukijika

Nacreous

Fire trainer
after watching a preview(don't know which)
i think it is confirmed that Mijumaru evolved?

also in the preview the Janoby is the one i'm wondering about, is it Shooti's or Ash's?????

Also disappointed about Mamepato's full evolution and Mijumaru's Full evolution(can it stand on its legs?)

I think that Futachimaru and that Janoby,both belong to the battle club

Dento's team:
Yanappu-stays in its basic form,at least till the filler season[if there will be one]

Yooterii-catches it after he decides to go with Ash,doesn't evolve...it's too cute^^

Kurumiru>Kuruyamu>Hahakurimo-I can see Jessie having the centipede line,they could be rivals^^...this pkmn really really suits Dento,it can be his powerhouse

Last edited:

Torpoleon

after watching a preview(don't know which)
i think it is confirmed that Mijumaru evolved?

also in the preview the Janoby is the one i'm wondering about, is it Shooti's or Ash's?????

Also disappointed about Mamepato's full evolution and Mijumaru's Full evolution(can it stand on its legs?)
The Janobii & Futachimaru were from BW004 and are in the Battle Club, so they don't relate to Ash nor do they relate to Shooti.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Mijumaru's final form can't stand on 2 legs. It's an otter right, and it's one leg is said to be like a sword. I like the sound of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.