• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
Poor Pidove. I hope it at least takes part in Ash's gym battle.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Poor Pidove. I hope it at least takes part in Ash's gym battle.

Same here again, I can only see it stil being in the Mistralton gym.. Which is kinda sad, considering it would probably be fully evolved by then.

At least Staravia got two gyms more then that..

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Same here again, I can only see it stil being in the Mistralton gym.. Which is kinda sad, considering it would probably be fully evolved by then.

At least Staravia got two gyms more then that..

Compared to ash's future one and unfezant in general, Staraptor's are better.
The way the writers are going, pidove will likely have one gym battle (Two if the writers forget about the starters)
Staraptor had three gym battles and has more stats than unfezant too. I don't know if this is just me but does anyone else feel the same way about the pidove evolution line being bad? And that Ash should get another bird (Not saying Braviary)?
Edit:100th post! :D

Dax

Legend
The way the writers are going, pidove will likely have one gym battle (Two if the writers forget about the starters)
Staraptor had three gym battles and has more stats than unfezant too. I don't know if this is just me but does anyone else feel the same way about the pidove evolution line being bad? And that Ash should get another bird (Not saying Braviary)?

The reason is too biased to be considered. Just because you don't like the design of a pokemon doesn't mean he should dump it for another one. I dislike the Tepig line but since it's on Ash's team the best thing to do is hope for a good treatment for the pig.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Stats don't matter in the anime, they matter to characterize the pokemon, so a pokemon with good defense will have that characteristic, Kenhoru as no "handicap" from Staraptor anime wise in that department.

Yes you want Wareagle, why does giving him a new bird would change anything? why would they arrange another bird and give screentime to that bird and not to Mamepato? why? /quit it.

Dax just said it, like it or not its in the team, I want it to be used just like any other and I would never want to ditch a pokemon in the anime, to me even though in the games I do release eggs I hatch when Im making teams if I think real life wise I wouldn't abandon my pet/companion, in the anime that logic should be used, that what was shown with Shinji releasing pokemons and not respecting them for being weaker, leave them in training is one thing, I still hate it and I whine about it like I did with Gliscor for months but releasing due to lack of creativity is just the easy route, Gliscor/Pidgeot/Squirtle, Charizard was somewhat well done, even though I would prefer for him to go there for some time and go to Oak then, I know he has the female Charizard there but still, I would love if Pokemon put some emphasis on old characters sometimes showing pokemons training at Oak, it would be awesome to see Sceptile training with Buizel or Charizard with Infernape.

Completelly derrailed my trail of thinking but read till the Gliscor stuff to understand what I mean, I absolutelly hate pokemons being released.

Last edited:

Aegon

Ooh, so Sewaddle will evolve before BW025! It'll probably evolve battling the Venipede or Team Plasma.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
wow whats with the mamepato hate?? I love the little bird lol its cute. The only problem I have with it is the final evo's(specifically the male form, but its female so I dont have to worry about that). Just cuz the writers are being stupid doesnt mean the bird is the problem.

dman_dustin

^you know that for a fact dude?

I agree it will likely evolve but the question of when is abit hard^^;

I'm not entirely sure WHY you would ask me that because:

1. There is a Manga scan of Swadloon.
2. Swadloon appears in BW025, which airs in the last Thursday in March.

So WHY would you ask me "if I know that for a fact?" Unless you weren't aware of the manga, but then that comes off as too ignorant for my liking. I kind of dislike it when people, who are ignorant comes off as smug and superior without knowing all the facts.

Sure one who is ignorant could come off as simply asking a question, but I think a less rude way to ask is: "How do you do know Sewaddle is evolving sometime in March?" And that's it, then like Exeggator, could come in showing you the Manga scan of BW025, where Ash sends out Swadloon, and says because BW025 will air on March 31st, then that goes back to my words of "Sometime in March, Sewaddle will evolve."

Unlike the BS that was BW020's Manga scan, they can't lie when it deals with this. If Swadloon is one of Ash's Pokemon as displayed then it will have to most definitely be evolved by that time.

I mean take the manga of Cyndaquil evolving. Don't you know how much trouble the "artist" would be if they lied about an evolution like that?

So yeah, Sewaddle is most definitely evolving (not up for debate at all) sometime in March. Whether that means BW022, BW023, BW024, or the probably unlikely BW025 is unknown. But it is fact that all those episode will be airing in March. So yeah.....

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
well i'm sorry if i came across as rude, i misread your words.

You know though, I'm starting to think Pidove's only "purpose" was to help ash catch Snivy due to Attract.

pokefandt

In the case of Pidove, maybe the writers could give her some important wins outside of gym battles, maybe against Trip and/or Bianca sometime between now and the league. Because hey, wins against rivals are important too.

My prediction for teams, it has been awhile since I did one:

Ash:

Pikachu: .... do I really need to say anything? No move change, T-Bolt, Electro Ball, Volt Tackle, Iron tail, and Quick attack. Switched around every episode

Samurott: I really see Oshawott going all the way seeing as it seems to be Ash's main starter for the region. Becomes Dewott sometime before the 5th gym and finally becomes Samurott just before Drayden/Iris battle. Has powerful attacks like Megahorn, Aqua jet, Shell Blade, maybe Hydro Pump or even Night Slash (gives him another use for his blades)

Pignite: I see Tepig evolving not too long after Oshawott. I really see the guy starring against Hachiku. Moves: Nitro Charge, head smash replacing tackle, arm thrust or heck even superpower, maybe even Assurance because as someone said before Ash's pokemon tend to take a lot of damage in battle, plus flamethrower. Like Pikachu moves used switched around per battle. Might evolve into Emboar in filler saga

Snivy/Servine/Serperior: Ahh I love this little lady and I am terribly conflicted about where I want her to go. I'll accept any outcome really, even remaining unevolved as long as she kicks ***. Moves: Keep Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, replace Vine whip with giga drain and/or twister. Keep Attract no reason to get rid of it. Add another annoying move maybe Glare plus an attack of another type aerial ace maybe.

Unfezant: no reason for this little birdie to not go all the way. Since she apparently wont fight Burgh, hopefully she'll star against Skyla. Plus sometime in between and/or after, she'll beat a few of Bianca and/or Trip's pokemon in battle. Moves: Detect, Steel Wing, Air Slash, Sky Attack, Hypnosis, Razor Wind.

Scrafty: I see this little guy staying a Scraggy for awhile, he might evolve around the same time Axew becomes a Haxorus, signifying their rivalry. He'll have High Jump Kick, Zen Headbutt, Faint Attack, not actually sure what else to give him. Will beat Haxorus win the 8th gym after a jaw dropper of a fight.

Leavanny: Will be Swadloon by BW 025 pretty much confirmed, will likely be a leavanny by the time Ash fighte Elesa.

Possible other reserves

Krokorok: Yes I know, but I still think Ash can catch the guy. But he'll stay the same for the duration of the saga, MAYBE evolving into Krookodile in a possible filler saga.
moves: Thunderfang, Dig, Stone Edge, Foul play, level ground, Outrage (too powerful for it too control at first, needs a bit of training with the move), Sand storm

Bouffolant: no Tauros comparison, just a power house of pokemon. Will be female and nicknamed Aloe. moves: Megahorn, Afro Break, Reversal(always wanted to see this one in the anime), Earthquake ( I know, Iknow but its been years since then) finally maybe Scary Face, XD Just kidding... mostly

Reniclus: powerful psychic with no definition of personal space, kinda like Muk. Potential to be Ash's first tank/wall. Forgot to add attacks: I would guess Psychic, Focus Blast, Psycho shock, Shadow Ball, Light screen, (something I wish Pikachu would learn) recover, hidden power. combination changes every battle.

That's really it as far as I can think of.

Last edited:

neptune_84

It's go time!
moving away from Ash.......

what i would love to see is Iris get a Dratini! i know its a kanto pokemon but its 1 i would love for a character in the show to have and for us to see it grow and evolve and seeing as she is dragon girl in the games it seems like the perfect chance!

i kinda want Ash to give his Sewaddle to Cilan, cos atm i prefer Snivy and as he has all 3 starters it makes me think the lil bug is gonna get forgotten where it is a grass/bug type.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
In the case of Pidove, maybe the writers could give her some important wins outside of gym battles, maybe against Trip and/or Bianca sometime between now and the league. Because hey, wins against rivals are important too.

My prediction for teams, it has been awhile since I did one:

Ash:

Pikachu: .... do I really need to say anything? No move change, T-Bolt, Electro Ball, Volt Tackle, Iron tail, and Quick attack. Switched around every episode

Samurott: I really see Oshawott going all the way seeing as it seems to be Ash's main starter for the region. Becomes Dewott sometime before the 5th gym and finally becomes Samurott just before Drayden/Iris battle. Has powerful attacks like Megahorn, Aqua jet, Shell Blade, maybe Hydro Pump or even Night Slash (gives him another use for his blades)

Pignite: I see Tepig evolving not too long after Oshawott. I really see the guy starring against Hachiku. Moves: Nitro Charge, head smash replacing tackle, arm thrust or heck even superpower, maybe even Assurance because as someone said before Ash's pokemon tend to take a lot of damage in battle, plus flamethrower. Like Pikachu moves used switched around per battle. Might evolve into Emboar in filler saga

Snivy/Servine/Serperior: Ahh I love this little lady and I am terribly conflicted about where I want her to go. I'll accept any outcome really, even remaining unevolved as long as she kicks ***. Moves: Keep Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, replace Vine whip with giga drain and/or twister. Keep Attract no reason to get rid of it. Add another annoying move maybe Glare plus an attack of another type aerial ace maybe.

Unfezant: no reason for this little birdie to not go all the way. Since she apparently wont fight Burgh, hopefully she'll star against Skyla. Plus sometime in between and/or after, she'll beat a few of Bianca and/or Trip's pokemon in battle. Moves: Detect, Steel Wing, Air Slash, Sky Attack, Hypnosis, Razor Wind.

Scrafty: I see this little guy staying a Scraggy for awhile, he might evolve around the same time Axew becomes a Haxorus, signifying their rivalry. He'll have High Jump Kick, Zen Headbutt, Faint Attack, not actually sure what else to give him. Will beat Haxorus win the 8th gym after a jaw dropper of a fight.

Leavanny: Will be Swadloon by BW 025 pretty much confirmed, will likely be a leavanny by the time Ash fighte Elesa.

Possible other reserves

Krokorok: Yes I know, but I still think Ash can catch the guy. But he'll stay the same for the duration of the saga, MAYBE evolving into Krookodile in a possible filler saga.

Bouffolant: no Tauros comparison, just a power house of pokemon. Will be female and nicknamed Aloe. XD Just kidding... mostly

Reniclus: powerful psychic with no definition of personal space, kinda like Muk. Potential to be Ash's first tank/wall.

That's really it as far as I can think of.

I agree with virtually everything you've just said. I think that Ash's current Pokemon will end in the stages that you just said and I think that all three reserves that you mentioned are plausible.

Waterpokes

moving away from Ash.......

what i would love to see is Iris get a Dratini! i know its a kanto pokemon but its 1 i would love for a character in the show to have and for us to see it grow and evolve and seeing as she is dragon girl in the games it seems like the perfect chance!

i kinda want Ash to give his Sewaddle to Cilan, cos atm i prefer Snivy and as he has all 3 starters it makes me think the lil bug is gonna get forgotten where it is a grass/bug type.

Iris getting a Dratini you say? Little chance for that, as you said, but it would be cool. If these so called Ruby/Sapphire remakes are coming out, I could see Iris getting Flygon or Altaria.

If it's one Dragon Pokemon I would like to see Iris get, it's Deino. But with Iris having an Excadrill, I don't think Iris needs to have Dragon Pokemon.

I still don't get why they gave Iris Excadrill. I mean, I understand the concept of Iris having a disobedient Pokemon, but Excadrill? So random, if you ask me, but they'll probably explain that later.

And why should Ash give Seawaddle to Cilan? I wasn't a big fan of Seawaddle being given to Ash, but I'm starting to like it. Doubt it will be forgotten, unlike Pidove, who gets so much hatred. So uncalled for! And I always forget that Seawaddle is a Grass type. Doubt it really matter, though.

Just think in the end, that Ash has a Leavanny. How awesome is that?!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^there has to be more to it though, cause simply giving a pokemon to person based on it's name is silly.

I honestly do hope the writers have an episode planned to show just how Iris caught it

TicoPokemonMaster

well i'm sorry if i came across as rude, i misread your words.

You know though, I'm starting to think Pidove's only "purpose" was to help ash catch Snivy due to Attract.

I believe that the writers had other plans for Pidove but judging from its track record the writers might have given up on it in favor of having Ash capture a bug type, a type that he hasn't caught in a while.

Brave Birdy

What I would like to see for Ash's team is this:

Pikachu

Samurott - It's about time Ash had a fully evolved water starter.

Tranquill/Unfezant - I'd be satisfied with either, although I'm pretty sure Pidove will fully evolve into Unfezant.

Pignite - This pokemon's design seems to scream "Ash" to me. Not sure about you, but out of Tepig, Pignite, and Emboar, Pignite seems the most suiting to Ash. I doubt it'll evolve fully into an Emboar, but the writers may surprise me. After all, they did with Torterra.

Snivy - I can really see this fellow remaining at it's basic stage. I would love to see Serperior on Ash's team, but I don't really know how he would handle it.

Scrafty - It would seem foolish not to evolve this pokemon, in my opinion. Although, I don't foresee it evolving any time soon.

Leavanny - If it's evolving into Swadloon soooo quickly, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't evolve it again later on.

Contrary to many posters, I don't think that Ash will be catching Krokorok. I think it's role in the anime will be a re-occurring rival pokemon for Pikachu. Pikachu did veerrrryyy little in the Sinnoh region, so Krokorok is an excuse to give Pikachu more action so he isn't as stale as he was in Sinnoh.

Last edited:

Aesir

Breeder
I'm fairly certain that James will catch a Maractus (seems like his type of Pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.