• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Neither Glalie nor Gliscor fit Ash's persona. I do not see Ash getting one of them.

I do see Glalie and Gliscor, or really, Snorunt and Gligar fit Ash. Them evolving by the help of Ash helps a lot.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Though I'm not saying Ash will catch it.

he may not though the fact the pokemon like you said, same or different the fact that it is appearing in two episodes makes things suspicious.

though if Ash does catch it, where are the writers going with this?

I do see Glalie and Gliscor, or really, Snorunt and Gligar fit Ash. Them evolving by the help of Ash helps a lot.

ANY pokemon can fit on Ash, the writers will do what they must as well if Sinnoh was any indication, especially with how he got chimchar and buizel despite the fact that other trainers had them first.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus

The point

your head.

What I'm saying is, people said the same thing about Glalie and Gliscor- "they don't suit Ash" and yet he got them anyway. It just shows that Ash will get whichever Pokemon the writers feel like giving him (except legendaries) and peoples completely subjective viewpoints on the matter are completely baseless.

Now, I don't think Ash will be getting Palpitoad or Stunfisk either, but to say he won't get them purely because they don't suit him is just irrelevant.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Pokemon "Fitting" a person is all but an opinion, it is not a fact, some people want certain people with certain Pokemon and we can't stop that.

On that note, I still think a Deerling would sit nicely with Ash, or with someone on the main cast, or even Bianca. It just seems like a nice Pokemon to be with the group, in my opinion.

*Tumbleweed*

Geez, it was just a joke, sheesh, there was no need to comment.

Last edited:

lucario2000

Does anyone else think Ash's Oshawott, fully evolved might not be the main powerhouse?

There are two starters that i think will fully evolve, Oshawott and Snivy,
But with Snivy having a higher chance of getting the spotlight of the final rival battle with Trip, I think Serperior would be the main powerhouse

But that's just my opinion

JD

Does anyone else think Ash's Oshawott, fully evolved might not be the main powerhouse?

There are two starters that i think will fully evolve, Oshawott and Snivy,
But with Snivy having a higher chance of getting the spotlight of the final rival battle with Trip, I think Serperior would be the main powerhouse

But that's just my opinion

I don't even think Snivy will evolve since Ash caught Sewaddle and he'll probably have a Leavanny soon. Plus Trip already has a Serperior I don't want to see Ash with one as well and I think Pikachu will get the spotlight of the final rival battle with Trip it has to defeat Servine sometime. As for Oshawott evolving I can see him evolving and being the Glalie of the league and getting a bunch of wins.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol people didn't think Gliscor matched Ash?? Gligar I get cuz it was pink(stupid recoloring) but come on Gliscor is epic looking.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Lol people didn't think Gliscor matched Ash?? Gligar I get cuz it was pink(stupid recoloring) but come on Gliscor is epic looking.

People thought it was too "evil looking" apparently.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
well I'm just hoping that, against all odds, Ash gets Samurott. Totodile was wasted potential... -_- OH DERP LET'S QUILAVA HE NEEDS MORE FULLY EVOLVED FIAHS. Cause I'm pretty his quilava will evolve sooner or later in some filler.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
well I'm just hoping that, against all odds, Ash gets Samurott. Totodile was wasted potential... -_- OH DERP LET'S QUILAVA HE NEEDS MORE FULLY EVOLVED FIAHS. Cause I'm pretty his quilava will evolve sooner or later in some filler.

Cyndaquil deserved to evolve just as mich as Totodile, everyone though the thing was going to evolve during the entire Johto saga, you needs to stop blaming "fictional" characters, it's the people that write them that should be blamed.

If the league wasn't rushed Totodile would have probably evolved.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Johto starters probably won't be used in battle ever again. If the writers wouldn't even give them proper battles in the Sinnoh league when HGSS was the most recent game released at the time, nothing in the future will.

I guess at this point Totodile is intended to be nothing more than comic relief, it probably won't ever be used in a non-TR battle again.

thunderblade12

Why does something like Donphan (big, bulky, mean-looking) fit Ash, but not something like... Rhyperior? A floating, evil ice mask fits him but not something like Klink or Koffing?

Anything fits Ash.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why does something like Donphan (big, bulky, mean-looking) fit Ash, but not something like... Rhyperior? A floating, evil ice mask fits him but not something like Klink or Koffing?

Anything fits Ash.

Yeah like I always say the fitting stuff is just stupid, you guys have been proven wrong many times.

Then they come with the arguments, oh I think Muk fits Satoshi.

I still remember the spam of "elegant" teams we got for Dent then he catches the Ishizumai, WRONG.

If a thing fits like I said a number of times, its because it has marketability power, the japanese tend to like cute stuff more then cool stuff, we like cool stuff more then cute stuff in general so the cute stuff is usually appearing in the anime and possibly be part of the teams.

That's one of the reason I agree with people that the bear might be caught, by anyone not just Satoshi, I can see them giving it to the other two also.

Stop basing stuff on fitting indeed.

Cyber lulz, so the Hoenn and Kanto pokemons can figth again and the others starters can't? I can see them giving Torterra and Totodile a chance in the future, Totodile was never comedy relief, dancing around =/= comedy relief, he didn't have a pokemon with that part in the Johto arc, you can Totodile was the closest to that, with the biting and dancing but Bite is an attack and dancing well he just liked it, it wasn't a gag it was a quirk of his personality, it's not like "oh there'ss Totodile again dancing and trolling around being fanni"

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Anything fits Ash.

It's basically opinion to what fits Ash. Generally any Pokemon can fit with Ash, or any main character for that matter but people here choose sides when it comes to this. Ash can have a Cryogonal but would I want Ash to have one? Nope. Does Golett fit with Ash? I don't really care the fact of the matter is that I don't want Ash with one.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Yeah like I always say the fitting stuff is just stupid, you guys have been proven wrong many times.
Just to be the nitpicking bastard that I am- thunderblade was saying the same thing as you, don't say "you guys" when quoting him as it implies he was also always saying stuff "doesn't fit" Ash. And for that matter it implies that just about everyone does, when there are several people who don't do it at all. Just comes across as a bit holier-than-thou.

I know that's not your intention though, just thought it might save you some grief in future in case you piss off some easily offended soul and get flamed for it...

It's basically opinion to what fits Ash. Generally any Pokemon can fit with Ash, or any main character for that matter but people here choose sides when it comes to this. Ash can have a Cryogonal but would I want Ash to have one? Nope. Does Golett fit with Ash? I don't really care the fact of the matter is that I don't want Ash with one.

Absolutely, but what people are doing is saying "X doesn't suit Ash- he'll never get it" and acting as if this opinion is fact. If people were saying "I don't like X, I hope Ash doesn't catch one" then we wouldn't be having this discussion. opinions are fine, flaunting them as fact isn't.

Also you suck for not wanting Ash with Golett ;)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah I was agreeing with Thunderblade, sorry for the grammar error, thanks for the corection I hope it indeed doesn't make any confusion.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Cyber lulz, so the Hoenn and Kanto pokemons can figth again and the others starters can't? I can see them giving Torterra and Totodile a chance in the future, Totodile was never comedy relief, dancing around =/= comedy relief, he didn't have a pokemon with that part in the Johto arc, you can Totodile was the closest to that, with the biting and dancing but Bite is an attack and dancing well he just liked it, it wasn't a gag it was a quirk of his personality, it's not like "oh there'ss Totodile again dancing and trolling around being fanni"

The last real battle the Johto starters had, (aside from Quilava's pititful 10 second battle against Armaldo), was back in 2002. 2002.

The last real match Totodile was ever in was against Harrisson's Sneasel in the Johto league. That was nearly 9 years ago now.

thunderblade12

There really is no justification for the speculation we make. Its more of a question of what we want character X and Y to get rather than what we believe they will get. The only time we could make accurate speculation is to wait for an episode summary that seems to suggest a capture or wait for a new movie poster/toy set/opening with spoilers.

Even for "feminine" pokemon. Ash had Butterfree and will most likely get Leavanny. Chikorita and Bayleef were pretty feminine too. If they want to give him a Jynx they could.

Speaking of movie posters spoiling stuff I think almost every movie in DP spoiled something. 10-Happiny,11-Gliscor and Swinub, 12-removal of Ambipom. I wonder if movie 14 will spoil anything.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The last real battle the Johto starters had, (aside from Quilava's pititful 10 second battle against Armaldo), was back in 2002. 2002.

The last real match Totodile was ever in was against Harrisson's Sneasel in the Johto league. That was nearly 9 years ago now.

Doesn't matter, Charizard can pop at any moment and get a battle, Squirtle also, Squirtle didn't battle since the league before it got his fight in the battle Pyramid, the Hoenn starter appeared in the league.

That doesn't prove anything, I still thin they planned for a bigger league and then with the announcement of BW they had to short it, cheapening the fans, plus with TV Tokyo giving Naruto specials when a damn region arc is ending shortened their episodes for one more week, since they had to finish the series at a certain time before the games would come out.

Again I still think they would have been used if it wasn't for that and I don't see any issue with them being used in the future, just like the Hoenn and Kanto pokemons wee used in this league also.

The Johto pokemons purpose in the leagues wasn't to promote anything like you guys though, the Johto starters episodes were the promotion when Hikari got her Cyndaquil and that was it, if the intent was what you guys were spouting, Sceptile, etc wouldn't have been used and we would have only seen Johto and Shinnoh pokes.

Again with this in mind if we get another Pokejapan region in the future I see nothing blocking them from being used, I don't think it will happen in this league since I'm thinking they will give Satoshi 8/10 pokemons and rotate between those only but like I said a filler region or a return to Pokejapan can have those pokemons appears, just like the Hoenn,Kanto, Shinno and Isshu ones.

Thunder it kinda spoiled Emolga, with the movie watches that had Scraggy, Emolga and Pansage, Scraggy was spoiled too but since we had sunnyshore sketches we knew about it already, with the lineup they showed already I don't think they will spoil anything and unless Satoshi catches something and oaks it, I doubt anything else will be caught till then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.