• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Speaking of movie posters spoiling stuff I think almost every movie in DP spoiled something. 10-Happiny,11-Gliscor and Swinub, 12-removal of Ambipom. I wonder if movie 14 will spoil anything.

If something was going to be spoiled in Movie 14 we should have known by now. Back in February 2009, the Arceus Movie poster revealed Monferno & Staraptor.... February.lol We are now in April and still nothing.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Like I said before Emolga and Scraggy got spoiled even though we didn't know who they belonged to, we knew they would eventually join the group.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I don't believe there's gonna be much development in this movie in terms of the team of the gang, perhaps next movie we'll see some evolutions.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I don't believe there's gonna be much development in this movie in terms of the team of the gang, perhaps next movie we'll see some evolutions.

Wrong thread.

Anyway, as I said before, who fits whom is just a matter of an opinion in your mind, like I could say I would like Iris with a Blitzle, but It probably wont happen, people would say that she already has one electric type and that they'd prefer her to get a Pokemon like Deino. We can't change people's opinions, that's how it works. I'm even doubting it myself, maybe it's because I didn't see much of Blitzle because Keyhole TV cut me off and I could only see about 5 minutes of last night episode, or maybe it's something else but I'm doubting she will get it, just like Cilan and Yamask because I think Yamask should be with James and it would be weird to see another one in the main cast (Including TR of course).

Grei

not the color
Trip doesn't try to capture Maggyo????? And so what if Trip is trying to capture Palpitoad?? That doesn't mean he will which leaves it open for Ash. Also I wasn't here for that episode but the episode where Ash captured Gligar, did the summary mention anything about Ash getting him?? I don't think it did so not every pokemon Ash gets is mentioned in the summaries is it??

Have you made it your goal in life to always contradict me? Regardless of if you agree with me, my reasoning is sound, so the snarkiness I constantly get from you is very unnecessary.

Also, it says Trip is trying to catch the Palpitoad, and that a battle ensues. It even says that Ash and co. first see Trip as he's trying to catch a Palpitoad. If Ash were to get it, it'd be like he's stealing a capture from someone else.

There is nothing--I repeat, NOTHING--indicating Ash will get Palpitoad besides a completely irrelevant April Fool's joke and the fact that Ash happens to appear in the same episode as a wild Palpitoad. Those who are suddenly running about thinking Ash will get a Palpitoad are out of their minds and need to learn to read more carefully.

And for the record, you look like a total moron when you try and argue a point that you, yourself, said you had no clue on. If you have no clue about if Gligar was mentioned, don't bother trying to bring it up in a pitiful attempt at proving me wrong. Besides, the summaries pretty much never reveal who gets a capture in the end--however, it will often allude to it. This summary states that Trip finds a Palpitoad, tries to catch it, and in the midst of all of that, Ash stumbles on him. Then, later, they battle. Maybe this sounds like a capture episode to you, but all things considered, there's absolutely nothing backing your side.

What does THAT have to do with anything. Trip isn't confirmed to be in both episodes. Palpitoad whether it's one and the same or two different ones IS confirmed to be in both episodes.

OK? That still says nothing that refutes what I said.

dman_dustin said:
So why does it matter if Trip is TRYING to catch a Palpitoad? Doesn't mean he will get one.

Nice deductive skills. That's why I said
Grei said:
Trip is trying to catch the Palpitoad and Stunfisk.
I never once said Trip would be the one with Palpitoad, though I do believe that will be the case.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Have you made it your goal in life to always contradict me? Regardless of if you agree with me, my reasoning is sound, so the snarkiness I constantly get from you is very unnecessary.

Also, it says Trip is trying to catch the Palpitoad, and that a battle ensues. It even says that Ash and co. first see Trip as he's trying to catch a Palpitoad. If Ash were to get it, it'd be like he's stealing a capture from someone else.

There is nothing--I repeat, NOTHING--indicating Ash will get Palpitoad besides a completely irrelevant April Fool's joke and the fact that Ash happens to appear in the same episode as a wild Palpitoad. Those who are suddenly running about thinking Ash will get a Palpitoad are out of their minds and need to learn to read more carefully.

Nice deductive skills. That's why I said "Trip is trying to catch Palpitoad and Stunfisk." I never once said Trip would be the one with Palpitoad, though I do believe that will be the case.

What I didn't even say anything lol I didn't know I had to agree with you. Again ill repeat the Maggyo part again because nothing indicates that Trip wants it. Yes Trip tries to capture the Palpitoad but that doesn't mean its stealing if Ash gets it instead. Do you remember the Cyndaquil episode lol was Ash stealing from that guy no. And how do we even know that Palpitoad would want to go with Shooti?? He could choose Ash.

Main reason I say that Ash might get it is because it appears two episodes in a row. I don't know about you but I find it extremely unlikely that Shooti would stay with the group for another episode so unless the episode ends with a to be continued later thing I think someone on the main cast might capture it.

Grei

not the color
What I didn't even say anything lol I didn't know I had to agree with you. Again ill repeat the Maggyo part again because nothing indicates that Trip wants it. Yes Trip tries to capture the Palpitoad but that doesn't mean its stealing if Ash gets it instead. Do you remember the Cyndaquil episode lol was Ash stealing from that guy no. And how do we even know that Palpitoad would want to go with Shooti?? He could choose Ash.

You don't have to agree, but you don't have to 100% oppose everything I ever say. You say a lot of stuff I find rather stupid or unlikely, and yet I'm somehow able to resist disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

By saying Palpitoad would choose Ash over Trip, you imply that Palpitoad has a reason to not want to go to Trip. Trip isn't an abusive trainer. He's a fairly normal trainer, and Ash doesn't have anything extraordinary at first glance which says that he's the better choice for a trainer. I feel like the summary would also make mention if Ash were to steal away the Pokemon Trip was trying to capture.

1rkhachatryan said:
Main reason I say that Ash might get it is because it appears two episodes in a row. I don't know about you but I find it extremely unlikely that Shooti would stay with the group for another episode so unless the episode ends with a to be continued later thing I think someone on the main cast might capture it.

How is it extremely unlikely? Just because he appears in two consecutive episodes doesn't mean he's best friends with the group. For all we know, he just sticks around in the background for all of BW034 and BW035. Or, and and Trip's battle is carried over from BW034 to BW035, causing Trip to still be around in the second episode. Thus, Palpitoad can be in both episodes and still be Trip's.

Already, that sounds way more likely than Ash getting the Palpitoad Trip was attempting to catch, especially when there hasn't been any merchandise giving away Palpitoad. Remember Sewaddle? And Scraggy? Remember how their figures were revealed months before they were actually captured? No such occurrence with Palpitoad.

Last edited:

kcike05

Godly

You don't have to agree, but you don't have to 100% oppose everything I ever say. You say a lot of stuff I find rather stupid or unlikely, and yet I'm somehow able to resist disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

By saying Palpitoad would choose Ash over Trip, you imply that Palpitoad has a reason to not want to go to Trip. Trip isn't an abusive trainer. He's a fairly normal trainer, and Ash doesn't have anything extraordinary at first glance which says that he's the better choice for a trainer. I feel like the summary would also make mention if Ash were to steal away the Pokemon Trip was trying to capture.

How is it extremely unlikely? Just because he appears in two consecutive episodes doesn't mean he's best friends with the group. For all we know, he just sticks around in the background for all of BW034 and BW035. Or, and and Trip's battle is carried over from BW034 to BW035, causing Trip to still be around in the second episode. Thus, Palpitoad can be in both episodes and still be Trip's.

Already, that sounds way more likely than Ash getting the Palpitoad Trip was attempting to catch, especially when there hasn't been any merchandise giving away Palpitoad. Remember Sewaddle? And Scraggy? Remember how their figures were revealed months before they were actually captured? No such occurrence with Palpitoad.

cool your self down. theres no reason to get angry over" POKEMON". u dont have to bash people options, he might be right, your acting like a child.:025n172:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Grei, if Trip is not in the second episode then he's not going to be there.

Why are you so uptight about this anyway? Ash got a second GRASS pokemon and yet no one seemed to care about it. well except that one dude over at Bulbagarden...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Grei, if Trip is not in the second episode then he's not there.

Why are you so uptight about this anyway? Ash got a second GRASS pokemon and yet no one seemed to care about it. well except that one dude over at Bulbagarden...

People view it as more of a bug Pokemon. Its like the same way people don't think of Torterra/Gliscor/Gible as all ground types, but rather grass, flying and dragon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So what's to stop people from veiwing this as a ground pokemon considering the second episode with it happens to deal with an electrical ground pokemon? You know how the writers seem to love thier fetish for that element.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So what's to stop people from veiwing this as a ground pokemon considering the second episode with it happens to deal with an electrical ground pokemon? You know how the writers seem to love thier fetish for that element.

People are visual. Its blue and its a toad. Its still going to remind people of a water pokemon.

To be honest I think it could be captured, for some reason its final form reminds me of this gens version of Croagunk.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
feels more like a Kingler/Muk combo to me, water type that is capable of using poison moves and can have a poison based ability too.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
People are visual. Its blue and its a toad. Its still going to remind people of a water pokemon.

To be honest I think it could be captured, for some reason its final form reminds me of this gens version of Croagunk.

Leavanny and Kurumayu are green and covered with leaves. Also its only bug move that it uses is string shot. I'm pretty sure it is more of a grass type.

playerking

Leavanny and Kurumayu are green and covered with leaves. Also its only bug move that it uses is string shot. I'm pretty sure it is more of a grass type.

Bug Bite would like to have a word with you. Either way, I don't really see Ash getting it, it seems like Trip wants it according to the summary, just like episode 18's summary says that Ash wanted to get Sewaddle and I'm sure Trip wont let "Someone like Ash" stop him from getting a Pokemon he wants, the one in episode 35 could be another one, because you know if Trip could find one in one area, there can be more Palpitoad in the same area.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Actually it kind of does. If Trip isn't in both episodes, and Palpitoad is ONE and the SAME, how in the magical world is Trip going to magically catch this magical Palpitoad from the magical kingdom of the magical Pokemon world?

Magic?

though I do believe that will be the case.
HOW if he's not going to be in both episodes.

Look do I want Ash to have Palpitoad? HELL NO. But I don't see how Trip is more likely than Ash when Palpitoad is in both episode (regardless if they are of the same one or not) however Trip is not.

Except clearly Sewaddle, Swadloon and Leavanny are directly based on insects aka the bug type, and the grass type seems to come mostly from their clothes.

Being a frog, doesn't scream GROUND type unlike WATER type. And ON top of everything Swadloon/Leavanny are primary bug types, meanwhile Palpitoad/Seismitoad are secondary ground types.

I mean yes I'm aware that in terms of typing, Ash has quite a bit amount of water types. Squirtle, Kingler, Lapras, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, and Oshawott BUT....

Honestly why Palpitoad of all second water Pokemon to give Ash, if anything why not the turtle fossil Pokemon? At least it would offer him something better as in the rock type.

thunderblade12

I hope it doesn't take 100 episodes to get a new opening like it did in DP. Those are always good for some spoilers. Either way, we probably have at least 35 more episodes of this CGI crap before we get one.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Bug Bite would like to have a word with you.

Funny how like Volt tackle that move was only used during it's capture episode, and never again once it evolved into Swadaloon or however you spell it.

I don't really see Ash getting it, it seems like Trip wants it according to the summary, just like episode 18's summary says that Ash wanted to get Sewaddle and I'm sure Trip wont let "Someone like Ash" stop him from getting a Pokemon he wants

I recall Ash, Dawn and Brock all prevented Paul from catching a fearow during one of the sinnoh fillers.

the one in episode 35 could be another one, because you know if Trip could find one in one area, there can be more Palpitoad in the same area.

If that was the case i would object, they've already got two similar pokemon they don't need three of them.

If Ash is to catch it then what i see happening is the following, Ash stops Trip from attacking it inadvertainly by distracting him into a fight during the "rival battle" episode, as a result of this "kind gesture." (even if it was Ash making a fool of himself.) Palpitoad follows Ash and co along into the next episode where he gets it towards the end after going to war with the electric ground fishies.

Last edited:

playerking

Funny how like Volt tackle that move was only used during it's capture episode, and never again once it evolved into Swadaloon or however you spell it.

I recall Ash, Dawn and Brock all prevented Paul from catching a fearow during one of the sinnoh fillers.

If that was the case i would object, they've already got two similar pokemon they don't need three of them.

If Ash is to catch it then what i see happening is the following, Ash stops Trip from attacking it inadvertainly by distracting him into a fight during the "rival battle" episode, as a result of this "kind gesture." (even if it was Ash making a fool of himself.) Palpitoad follows Ash and co along into the next episode where he gets it towards the end after going to war with the electric ground fishies.

I'm saying Trip should catch it, Ash shouldn't and yes Paul couldn't catch it because Ash, Dawn and Brock distracted Paul by asking where the others went, if Trip really wants it he'll go after it, if not, it'll probably just stay wild.
And I mentioned bug bite because the person said that string shot only made it seem like a bug type, where as Swadloon has Bug Bite as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.