• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
And I believe that was the first time. (Ha I first thought that was random) Or in Kanto Only charizard evolved. Now I think of it ash needs a whimpy pokemon that never gets strong through evolution. Hes been really uber recently.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Torterra and Infernape say hi

and yet one of them was a total failure-- spare me the excuses cause i've heard em already, plain fact is Torterra was nothing more than a meat sheild who couldn't beat anything outside of TR and that's pretty sad.

kinda obvious the writers can't handle multiple fully evolved starters, and that was just two, you think three will really work?

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
1. What's with the 'tude?
2. He said Ash only has one fully evolved starter each region, when in Johto and Sinnoh, this didn't happen
3. I previously predicted, and still believe (until proven otherwise), it will be Samurott-Pignite-Snivy

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
Exactly. It just sounds right. Serperior and Emboar are really Uber. Plus (correct me if im wrong) he hasnt had a fully evolved water starter yet.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He hasn't had an evolved Water Starter period....

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well, especially Emboar, just seem so big and tough, like charizard. And I dont like that.

You not liking them =/= from them being evolved.

You not liking them =/= from them being uber.

My favourite was Emboar, when I found out that Samurott could stand in two legs, I changed for Samurott, after I found out that it doesn't stand on his two legs or atleast seems like the anime people wont do that, I changed back to Emboar.

Who do I want to evolve ? Samurott because he hasn't had any water starter evolve like lolipiece, do I want the other two to also evolve? yes I want, even though I am not a fan of Serperior at all, even though I like Snivy and Servine.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What? why are they "Uber"?

who knows, either way i don't really care what happens to them although...

Well, especially Emboar, just seem so big and tough, like charizard. And I dont like that.

Comments like these almost make hope Tepig evolves and turns out just like Charizard and Infernape, a hybrid of both to PO those who are afraid of tepig's evo's.

Last edited:
Updated Ash spec with moves:

Pikachu
- Thunderbolt
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail
- Electro Ball

I don't know if Pikachu will learn any other new moves. There's not a lot of Gen V moves Pikachu could learn that will be extremely useful besides possibly Wild Charge (although to be honest, it'll probably work exactly like Volt Tackle). But I think with Electro Ball, Pikachu's covered. As for older moves, I don't think so. With this moveset, Pikachu's good to go. 2 distance moves, and 2 contact moves, pretty balanced.

Samurott
- Razor Shell
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail/Hydro Cannon

More of a physical attacker for Samurott but its distance moves can be either Hydro Cannon or Aqua Tail (since Aqua Tail is portrayed to be like a Water Gun/Hydro Pump coming from the tail end). I sorta prefer Aqua Tail since Samurott's tail supposedly looks like a Japanese war fan and I think it'd fit with its samurai theme better.

Pignite
- Nitro Charge
- Heat Crash
- Arm Thrust
- Fire Blast

Again, a more physical attacker. Heat Crash would work since Pignite's pretty bulky. Arm Thrust to take advantage of its fighting type. And Fire Blast to replace Ember. Normally, it'd be Flamethrower but I'd rather see something else this time since we saw Flamethrower with all of Ash's past fire pokemon.

Snivy (maybe Servine)
- Leaf Storm
- Leaf Blade
- Wring Out
- Aerial Ace

Wring Out can replace Vine Whip as sort of a more enhanced version. Aerial Ace can replace Attract since Attract hasn't worked that much recently. After seeing Quilava use it, I think it'd be cool if a non-flying type in Ash's team would use it again. With Snivy's speed, I think it works.

Scrafty
- Faint Attack
- Hi Jump Kick
- Head Smash
- Snarl

Head Smash as the enhanced Headbutt, Hi Jump Kick as its main fighting move, Faint Attack as its main dark move. As its distance moves, besides an obvious Focus Blast or even Sludge Bomb, I noticed it learned another move...Snarl. I think it'd be very interesting to see with a potential Scrafty and it'd be a nice offensive, dark, non-contact move for Ash to use in battle.

Unfezant
- Air Slash/Air Cutter
- Razor Wind
- Sky Attack
- Steel Wing/Quick Attack

Tranquill has Air Cutter right? I always mix it up with Air Slash now that the move animations have changed. It was easier in DP when Air Slash was a ball but now it's actually razor blades which Air Cutter sorta used to be. Regardless, I see Air Cutter or Air Slash working for Unfezant. Razor Wind can replace Gust, Sky Attack can be its flying physical move. I'd like Unfezant to learn Steel Wing but since it's an egg move, I don't know if there are big chances of Unfezant using Steel Wing. It can always stick to Quick Attack like Staraptor and Swellow did.

Leavanny
- X-Scissor
- String Shot
- Energy Ball
- Slash/Poison Jab/Shadow Claw

X-Scissor is the perfect bug move for Leavanny and an obvious choice. String Shot would be for strategic uses and tbh, I'd love to see Leavanny as a web slinger or pull some Spider Man moves in battle. Energy Ball as its grass attack and either Slash, Poison Jab, or Shadow Claw make perfect alternative physical moves.

Palpitoad (maybe Seismitoad)
- Hydro Pump/Bulldoze (Drain Punch)
- Mud Shot/Mud Bomb
- Hyper Voice
- Muddy Water

Replace Supersonic with Hyper Voice and add an obvious Muddy Water and Palpitoad is good to go pretty much. Mud Shot is a good ground move for it. So is Mud Bomb but I don't think there's a big difference there. If Palpitoad learns a physical contact move, Muddy Water can be the water shooting move instead and Palpitoad can learn Bulldoze in Hydro Pump's place (if it's literally bulldozing an opponent and not the EQ-like move it is in the games). If it evolves, Drain Punch works really well.

Gigalith
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Flash Cannon
- Giga Impact

Stone Edge is like the signature move every earth-ish pokemon know so it'll probably keep that. After seeing Dwebble use it, Rock Slide would be pretty dang epic for Gigalith to know. Flash Cannon as its beam move and Giga Impact as a physical move (and a lot of heavy hitting pokemon usually use that move).

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
Um, Ash guy. Its cool to be uber in the games. But two fully evolved starters and many more??? Come on? I thought Infernape and Torterra was too much

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't really care for the post either but it made no sense.

As for the pokemons I do care for them and I hope they evolve atleast once.

if you were referring to my post let me explain.

Alot of people (not just here) fear to death the scenario of tepig evolving at all, why? because it just so happens to turn out to be a fire/fighting type like Infernape, thus those fear it because they believe it will follow Chimchar's path to the letter, becoming overused in gym battles, beat up Trip in the league and become massive killing machine, and some people have gone so far as to link Emboar to Snorlax due to the fact they have fat bodys and Snorlax has the best battling record of all of Ash's pokemon when it comes to important fights.--;

makes me sick, but i honestly do not see Tepig getting that far...unless Oshawott gets cheated out of evolving to his final form...then i'll be wishing for it to happen out of pure spite.

Clearly it wasn't too much for the writers, i.e. the people who matter.

So you admit you liked watching Torterra utterly fail at everything outside of TR battles, including failing to damage a wild claydol with it's best move only for a Baltoy to ursurp and beat said Claydol only a few moments later?

Glad to see i'm not the only one into masichism--;

Last edited:
Um, Ash guy. Its cool to be uber in the games. But two fully evolved starters and many more??? Come on? I thought Infernape and Torterra was too much

Yet it happened. The writers have the potential to evolve as many pokemon as they want. I mean, they let Ash catch 9 pokemon in a span of less than 40 episodes. By this point in DP, Ash only had 4 pokemon. He didn't even have Chimchar, his most important DP capture by this point. If they are able to let Ash catch that many pokemon in a short amount of time, they can easily do the same as evolutions.

Obviously though, he's not gonna fully evolve his whole team. I think the writers like to balance it out a bit. Samurott, Unfezant, Scrafty, and Leavanny can be fully evolved. Pignite and Palpitoad (and Pikachu I guess) are in their middle forms. Snivy and a potential new capture can remain unevolved. That's all not "uber" and that's not too much considering how much Ash has already caught in this time.

lolipiece

Staff member

Er, I think you need to learn what uber means.

Having two starters is nothing special.

lolipiece

Staff member
And no more captures, he already is in the rotation thing. If he were in the games, he wouldnt beat the second gym.

This is not the games. This is the anime. They are two completely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.