• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I thought Dawn's team was handled fine up till Ambipom was released. Her Cynda was alright but nothing special, just an HGSS advertisement. Togekiss was a terrible idea though.

I think the only problem with Dawn's team is it remained the same for over 160 episodes due to the lack of changes.

Granted you can say the same for the other characters, but since Dawn battled so much we saw her pokemon much more and that made it more tedious.

Misty's team was pretty badly handled, but since she hardly used her pokemon, it didn't matter...lol.

Well, I miss Dawn's Ambipom.

Cyndaquil/Quilava was for HGSS promotion.

I don't think Iris and/or Cilan will get the same treatment Dawn had. I'd also see Iris and Cilan to get 6 Pokemon each.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Oh please, Misty wanted to be the worlds best Water Pokemon Trainer and after the Pokemon she had at the gym, she had 4 more(In In Kanto and OI), Togepi, Horsea, Psyduck and then she caught Poliwag and since you love comparing Iris to Misty, Misty had 3 Pokemon already before she met Ash, Goldeen, Starmie and Staryu. Before Iris met Ash, she had 2 Pokemon, Excadrill and Axew. Isn't it possible that the writers want her with more Pokemon to market? I mean, why give her Emolga?

Seriously, Misty had no reason to battle a lot, but she still caught 4 more in Kanto and OI as I said. So it is entirely possible that she could get 2 or 3 more captures and it could be something like a Dragon Pokeball to help her reach her goal(Like a Zweilous).

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I actually agree. Dawn only had four evolutions.

Aipom > Ambipom [And we all know what happened there]
Swinub > Piloswine > Mamoswine [The only one that really counted]
Cyndaquil > Quilava [In a special episode... after she leaves the main cast...]

Then we had Piplup an annoying crybaby screenhog, Buneary the ice appeal spammer, Pachirisu who was actually likable, and a pointless Togekiss (and I like Togekiss species but seriously? a free fully evolved pokemon right before the Grand Festival?)

Iris can have a few evolutions throughout the show

Axew > Fraxure > Haxorus [2]
Karrablast > Escavalier [1]
Swablu > Altaria [1]

Four. The other three members can be Excadrill, Emolga, and a Deino (not the one from the upcoming episode).

Dawn was a Coordinator and preferred cute, unevolved Pokemon.

May, who was also a Coordinator had way move evolutions than Dawn (May had Venusaur, Wartortle, Blaziken, Beautifly and Glaceon while Dawn had Mamoswine, Ambipom and Quilava).

Iris could end up being like May and getting a lot of Pokemon that would go on to evolve and not all may be Dragon Pokemon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Lol not butting in or giving any arguments as to why the evolutions happened or not or will happen with Iris buuuuuuuuut, Haruka got all those evolutions or atleast most after she left, I'm sure next time we see Hikari one or two of her pokemons will be evolved like Haruka's.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
I could see georgia having 5 more apperence
1st battling iris (axew vs beartic (axew evolve's but lose)
2nd in twist moutain with a cryogonal battle iris (fraxure vs cryogonal fraxure wins)
3rd in the 2nd DBT with a karablast
4th battle ash(or iris) 4 on 4 (karablast has evolved)
5th in the dragon village were it turns out that her grandmother is the town elder and georgia first pokemon was cubchoo and they lost their first battle together vs a dragon type and she trained to become a dragon buster

I did post this a little while back but I have edited it after watching the dub (Iris and Excadrill against the dragon buster)

georgia team
beartic
pawnard
cryogonal
Escavalier

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Iris
Haxorus-Axew wants to evolve and I think it should happen.
Excadrill-Done but should receive more developement and learn to accept loses, like Tepig.
Emolga-Done but should learn how to take battles seriously and more appearences with Snivy.
Zweillous-Iris should catch the Deino in the future episode but it looks like it might not happen. Still, I think she should catch a Deino and evolve it only once.
Mienfoo-It is doubtful now that it has debuted but I would like her to own one. I can't see her with Rufflet as she has a flying type in Emolga.
Druddigon-Another dragon pokemon for the dragon trainer. Have it like Tracy's Scyther and it needs to learn how to trust other pokemon.
Have Iris battle Ash in a practise 6 on 6 for both ash to show he can battle Drayden and Iris to show how strong she has gotten. She loses and Ash battles Drayden later in maybe a five on five.
Give Iris Treecko and Altaria in the hoenn remakes and maybe evolve Treecko once.
Cilan
Pansage-It will learn some new things like Seed Bomb, Acrobatics and Shadow Claw. It is more of a signature pokemon for him. Might evolve in a future episode after Unova like Dawn's Quilava.
Crustle-Dwebble is very powerful and Cilan always uses it smartly. Would love to see it evolve and learn Rock Wrecker and some bug moves.
Stunfisk-Its done but I'd like it to learn some ground type moves like maybe bulldoze and for Cilan to use it smartly too.
Swanna-Its one pokemon I want Cilan to really have and for the three main characters to each have a flying type. If he has this, give him breloom in the hoenn remakes, if he doesn't, give him tropius in the hoenn remakes.
Amoongus-I am not sure about this one, it fits Cilan but I really prefer more pokemon for him like Litwick so for now, I'll leave it here though if he doesn't get one, I won't be deeply annoyed or angry at him for it.
Give him Torchic/Mudkip and Breloom/Tropius in the hoenn remakes. Evolve Torchic/Mudkip only once though I prefer him to have torchic as it suits him more imo but everyone says that mudkip was the hoenn starter that got ripped off for appearences so maybe he should own one and fully evolve it.
Have Iris leave as an apprentice to Drayden and Cilan to leave to follow a S-class conoisseur. Ash goes to_____ region and brings only pikachu again.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Iris
Haxorus-Axew wants to evolve and I think it should happen.
Excadrill-Done but should receive more developement and learn to accept loses, like Tepig.
Emolga-Done but should learn how to take battles seriously and more appearences with Snivy.
Zweillous-Iris should catch the Deino in the future episode but it looks like it might not happen. Still, I think she should catch a Deino and evolve it only once.
Mienfoo-It is doubtful now that it has debuted but I would like her to own one. I can't see her with Rufflet as she has a flying type in Emolga.
Druddigon-Another dragon pokemon for the dragon trainer. Have it like Tracy's Scyther and it needs to learn how to trust other pokemon.
Have Iris battle Ash in a practise 6 on 6 for both ash to show he can battle Drayden and Iris to show how strong she has gotten. She loses and Ash battles Drayden later in maybe a five on five.
Give Iris Treecko and Altaria in the hoenn remakes and maybe evolve Treecko once.
Cilan
Pansage-It will learn some new things like Seed Bomb, Acrobatics and Shadow Claw. It is more of a signature pokemon for him. Might evolve in a future episode after Unova like Dawn's Quilava.
Crustle-Dwebble is very powerful and Cilan always uses it smartly. Would love to see it evolve and learn Rock Wrecker and some bug moves.
Stunfisk-Its done but I'd like it to learn some ground type moves like maybe bulldoze and for Cilan to use it smartly too.
Swanna-Its one pokemon I want Cilan to really have and for the three main characters to each have a flying type. If he has this, give him breloom in the hoenn remakes, if he doesn't, give him tropius in the hoenn remakes.
Amoongus-I am not sure about this one, it fits Cilan but I really prefer more pokemon for him like Litwick so for now, I'll leave it here though if he doesn't get one, I won't be deeply annoyed or angry at him for it.
Give him Torchic/Mudkip and Breloom/Tropius in the hoenn remakes. Evolve Torchic/Mudkip only once though I prefer him to have torchic as it suits him more imo but everyone says that mudkip was the hoenn starter that got ripped off for appearences so maybe he should own one and fully evolve it.
Have Iris leave as an apprentice to Drayden and Cilan to leave to follow a S-class conoisseur. Ash goes to_____ region and brings only pikachu again.

Nice speculation, you think Ash will get 2 new partners when Generation VI comes around. I don't think Brock will return due to his Pokemon Doctor duties. I'd think Cilan will join Ash in Gen VI region like Brock returned in Hoenn.

anyone else hoping max shows up in the filler saga as a powerful rival with
ralts-like his version of pikachu
vigoroth
Mightyenna
Walrein
Breloom
Banette

Haunter ゴースト

anyone else hoping max shows up in the filler saga as a powerful rival with
ralts-like his version of pikachu
vigoroth
Mightyenna
Walrein
Breloom
Banette

Yeah I doubt that would happen.

If anybody returned it would be Dawn for 1/2 Episodes even though she's in Hoenn the writers would make up some excuse to bring her to Unova.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Oh please, Misty wanted to be the worlds best Water Pokemon Trainer and after the Pokemon she had at the gym, she had 4 more(In In Kanto and OI), Togepi, Horsea, Psyduck and then she caught Poliwag and since you love comparing Iris to Misty, Misty had 3 Pokemon already before she met Ash, Goldeen, Starmie and Staryu. Before Iris met Ash, she had 2 Pokemon, Excadrill and Axew. Isn't it possible that the writers want her with more Pokemon to market? I mean, why give her Emolga?

Seriously, Misty had no reason to battle a lot, but she still caught 4 more in Kanto and OI as I said. So it is entirely possible that she could get 2 or 3 more captures and it could be something like a Dragon Pokeball to help her reach her goal(Like a Zweilous).

And that's why her team was handled badly. They gave Misty so many pokemon so quickly and she hardly did anything with most of them. There's a reason they only really focused on Psyduck and Poliwhirl, the rest were just used randomly and never got any development.

Seriously, you have to force yourself to try and remember the major Misty battles of each saga, simply because there are so few.

With Iris, I'd rather not see her go that route.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
And that's why her team was handled badly. They gave Misty so many pokemon so quickly and she hardly did anything with most of them. There's a reason they only really focused on Psyduck and Poliwhirl, the rest were just used randomly and never got any development.

Seriously, you have to force yourself to try and remember the major Misty battles of each saga, simply because there are so few.

With Iris, I'd rather not see her go that route.

Except for the fact that you fail to understand that every Pokemon Misty had, she had for a reason. Goldeen was there to make her look like a joke Trainer until it was revealed she was a Gym Leader, Staryu and Starmie were her Gym team and main battlers, Horsea was there to develop Misty's maternal side - and therefore her CHARACTER! Psyduck was a comic relief Pokemon through and through, and Togepi was a vehicle to introduce the 2nd Generation, and though it could have easily gone to Brock to fit in with his role as a Pokemon Breeder, I'm pretty sure the writers had established at that point that Brock was sitting out the OI. Poliwag came about for two reasons: to highlight branched evolution much later in Johto, and because the Poliwag line was still very marketable at the time. Corsola, as a coral Pokemon, was introduced to give Misty another battling Pokemon, since all she had that could fight on land was Staryu, Psyduck, and Poliwhirl, the latter two being and/or becoming comic relief. Gyarados was introduced to show Misty overcoming her fear of the species, and Azurill just ended up being the Togepi replacement, which by that point didn't matter because she hardly ever appeared anymore.

And I'm willing to bet you just ignored this wall of text because you can't bear to see logic applied to a main girl, except in the case of May.

Also, just because Misty didn't have that many important/memorable battles does NOT mean she wasn't an enjoyable character. Not everyone has to ****ing DO something! They can just be there because the fans, or even the WRITERS, like them! Try thinking about that before deciding a character sucks.

Last edited:

playerking

No I was including Oshawott in that point too. Dewott would be both marketable and a strong Pokemon while Seismitoad can be Ash's fully evolved water powerhouse.

I know, hence the ";P".

I don't agree, I think Ash finally needs an evolved Water starter, especially a fully evolved one. Palpitoad shouldn't be, since Oshawott is Ash's main Unova Pokemon and is Ash's main Unova Pokemon that is getting the most development, so Palpitoad being Ash's water powerhouse would feel cheap in my opinion.

KingBravest

Palpitoad will fully evolve so there is no way oshawott will make it past dewott. I couldn't imagine a funny outgoing samurott anyways

playerking

Palpitoad might fully evolve so there is no way oshawott will make it past dewott. I couldn't imagine a funny outgoing samurott anyways

Palpitoad could stay as it is and Oshawott could evolve, especially to a Samurott. Nothing stopping that happening.

Grey Wind

Palpitoad will fully evolve so there is no way oshawott will make it past dewott. I couldn't imagine a funny outgoing samurott anyways
Because you totally know what's going to happen. :| Palpitoad might fully evolve, but if it does, that doesn't mean Oshawott won't. And who says Samurott has to keep Oshawott's personality?

TheEpicGoomba

I never knew people were able to predict the future. Just because you don't want Oshawott to evolve doesn't mean it won't happen. You're not a writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.