• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread IV: A New Hope (Use for capture/release/evolution speculation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cilan could get a Throh. It'd give him a very sturdy taste and something unique to work with.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Team speculation:

Ash

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/25.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/36/Spr_5b_521_f.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/503.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/499.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/497.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/560.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/542.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/537.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/526.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/608.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/561.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/644.png[/IMG139] (briefly)

Those are some nice choices for your speculation team I also like Ash to catch Sigilyph and can also see him briefly own Zekrom if they go that route like in the game but don't think or like IMO Ash catching a Lampent just cause Trip already has one and them having three of the same pokemon lines is too much. Also just wondering why in your speculation has the starters all evolve but having Tepig once while the others all the way nothing wrong with that just wondering.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
but don't think or like IMO Ash catching a Lampent just cause Trip already has one and them having three of the same pokemon lines is too much.

How? It'd only be 3/10+ pokemon. It's not like before when he only had 6 pokemon, and half their teams would be the same.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yeah, I forgot them. Sorry. I've fixed that now.

I guess I'd also explain a few of my choices.

Ash

Lampent - Completes the 2nd Grass-Fire-Water tier and gives Ash his first official Ghost type. It could be shown to have problems learning Inferno, similar to Gible and Draco Meteor.

Sigilyph -Ash's first Psychic type + I saw a few similarities to Ash's Gliscor - a part Flying type Pokemon that doesn't usurp the role of the regional bird.

Cilan

Heatmor - Could help with cooking using it's flames. It could use Amnesia as one of it's moves, increasing it's defenses but leaving it, well, with amnesia for a while. So, sort of like Misty's Psyduck - powerful but stupid.

Pawniard - Knives, cooking, need I say more? Perhaps it could be a bit shy, using Iron Defense and Metal Sound when around those unfamiliar to it, like Larvitar with Harden and Screech, but also a bit of a bully/hunter, using Scary Face to slow down it's victims. Gradually calms down a bit.

Trip already has Lampent, there is no need for Ash to get another Pokemon similar, the same to what Trip has, plus after what the Litwick and Lampent did to him in BW029, I don't think he'll want to get one. Plus, there is no 2nd Grass/Water/Fire tier. Just because Ash caught another Pokemon with a grass type and another Pokemon with a water type, doesn't mean that he should get a 3rd fire type. Plus, Darmanitan could also carry out those needs, without having a similar Pokemon for Trip and Ash, so I'd rather Ash getting Darmanitan.

So you want Ash to get Sigilyph because it's a psychic type and because it adds another flying type? Okay...

Okay, seriously. Cilan's Pokemon aren't because of a food theme, Pansage might not be based on Broccoli. Okay sure, Dwebble and Stunfisk are based on animals that people eat usually, but I draw the line at people wanting them to Cilan's cooking slaves.

Heatmor for heating? Yeah, Cilan can do that in less then 10 seconds himself and you want to have amnesia. A Pokemon that Cilan relies on for its heat, for when Cilan cooks, that is also stupid. Yeah, I couldn't see how that could end up badly whatsoever.

A shiny Pawniard for chopping? There's something called knives that I'm sure Cilan has. And you want a shy, a bit of a bully Pawniard to be Cilan's use of cutting up ingredients, I also can't see how that would end up badly.

How? It'd only be 3/10+ pokemon. It's not like before when he only had 6 pokemon, and half their teams would be the same.

It's called a lack of originality. You think it's fine for out of about 156 Pokemon - the legendaries and the Pokemon that Ash already has, for Ash and Trip to share 3 of the same species. There are lots of other Pokemon for Ash to catch instead.

Last edited:

De HotShot Mon

Smack Down time
Trip already has Lampent, there is no need for Ash to get another Pokemon similar, the same to what Trip has, plus after what the Litwick and Lampent did to him in BW029, I don't think he'll want to get one. Plus, there is no 2nd Grass/Water/Fire tier. Just because Ash caught another Pokemon with a grass type and another Pokemon with a water type, doesn't mean that he should get a 3rd fire type. Plus, Darmanitan could also carry out those needs, without having a similar Pokemon for Trip and Ash, so I'd rather Ash getting Darmanitan.

So you want Ash to get Sigilyph because it's a psychic type and because it adds another flying type? Okay...

Okay, seriously. Cilan's Pokemon aren't because of a food theme, Pansage might not be based on Broccoli. Okay sure, Dwebble and Stunfisk are based on animals that people eat usually, but I draw the line at people wanting them to Cilan's cooking slaves.

Heatmor for heating? Yeah, Cilan can do that in less then 10 seconds himself and you want to have amnesia. A Pokemon that Cilan relies on for its heat, for when Cilan cooks, that is also stupid. Yeah, I couldn't see how that could end up badly whatsoever.

A shiny Pawniard for chopping? There's something called knives that I'm sure Cilan has. And you want a shy, a bit of a bully Pawniard to be Cilan's use of cutting up ingredients, I also can't see how that would end up badly.

A few points based on the highlighted parts:

A. From what I've seen, Ash isn't the type to lay one bad experience on an entire species of Pokemon. It's entirely possible not all Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure are like what we saw in BW029, just like not all Dark-type Pokemon are evil as their Japanese name suggests.

B. Ash having Darmanitan, just like Bel's dad, Sekimoto, and everybody else and their uncle having Darmanitan, just like Tranquill? I'm not saying I dislike Darumaka and Darmanitan. I mean, if Ash did get either one I would be disappointed. It's just that I'm eager to see Ash with a Ghost type this region, and I don't have much hope for him getting a Golett any more.

C. Forgive me if I'm wrong, and I'm not meaning to sound rude here, but I don't recall anyone getting upset that Ash had two Flying-types on hand in Sinnoh (Staraptor and Gliscor), or even in Kanto (Pidgeotto and Charizard).

D. I never said I wanted Cilan's Pokemon to be cooking slaves. I only meant to imply that they might want to help Cilan. Say the group is camping somewhere where there's nothing to build a fire? Or if Cilan manages to lose some cooking equipment (e.g. knives)?

E. I only meant Heatmor using Amnesia in battle, and one or two side-effects outside of battle which might be overcome. Like I said, similar to Misty's Psyduck. A little bit of comic relief doesn't hurt (no joke intended).

F. Shy and bit of a bully, at first. I also wrote 'gradually calms down a bit.' Say it only helps grudgingly in the beginning, but as the series goes on, it opens up and starts to be more friendly and helpful. Again, similar to Larvitar or even Scraggy.

I admit, perhaps I should have mentioned several of these points in my last post.

Last edited:

playerking

A few points based on the highlighted parts:

A. From what I've seen, Ash isn't the type to lay one bad experience on an entire species of Pokemon. It's entirely possible not all Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure are like what we saw in BW029, just like not all Dark-type Pokemon are evil as their Japanese name suggests.

B. Ash having Darmanitan, just like Bel's dad, Sekimoto, and everybody else and their uncle having Darmanitan, just like Tranquill? I'm not saying I dislike Darumaka and Darmanitan. I mean, if Ash did get either one I would be disappointed. It's just that I'm eager to see Ash with a Ghost type this region, and I don't have much hope for him getting a Golett any more.

C. Forgive me if I'm wrong, and I'm not meaning to sound rude here, but I don't recall anyone getting upset that Ash had two Flying-types on hand in Sinnoh (Staraptor and Gliscor), or even in Kanto (Pidgeotto and Charizard).

D. I never said I wanted Cilan's Pokemon to be cooking slaves. I only meant to imply that they might want to help Cilan. Say the group is camping somewhere where there's nothing to build a fire? Or if Cilan manages to lose some cooking equipment (e.g. knives)?

E. I only meant Heatmor using Amnesia in battle, and one or two side-effects outside of battle which might be overcome. Like I said, similar to Misty's Psyduck. A little bit of comic relief doesn't hurt (no joke intended).

F. Shy and bit of a bully, at first. I also wrote 'gradually calms down a bit.' Say it only helps grudgingly in the beginning, but as the series goes on, it opens up and starts to be more friendly and helpful. Again, similar to Larvitar or even Scraggy.

I admit, perhaps I should have mentioned several of these points in my last post.

A. When has Ash not let a bad experience of a Pokemon purposely almost killing him, not stopped him from catching that Pokemon. True, not all Pokemon are like that, but when the Litwick pretended to be nice at first, how can Ash trust them, especially when it's usually what Lampent/Litwick do.

B. Sekimoto was a COTD like Bianca's Dad probably will be, so why does that matter? And Tranquill are common bird Pokemon, like Pidove. Apart from Trip and Ash owning one, there's only 2 other people having one, along with a flock of one in one episode, which would be better than a flock of Pidove in my opinion, or say Swoobat again. And Just because two other minor characters owned one, isn't a reason for Ash not to get it. That's like saying Ash shouldn't have gotten Gible because Khoury got one, yet Ash got it.

C. I wouldn't be annoyed if Ash got another flying type, but I'm saying that wanting Ash to get a Sigilyph because it adds a psychic type and because it adds another flying type, isn't much of a reason and I'm not trying to be rude.

D. It was a bit of a joke on my part, but it just seems that Cilan could do those things himself and for it to happen one time when they don't have any equipment, which would seem a bit weird, doesn't seem like much a reason either for Heatmor and Pawniard to be captured for them to be used for those things rarely.

E. Well you said it's be powerful and stupid like Misty's Psyduck and since Psyduck wasn't that smart in general, it probably wouldn't be the best idea for it to light things for Cilan. I'll admit, whilst that would be humorous to see a forgetful Heatmor, all these characteristics could be found in a Larvesta, but I guess that just comes down to your preferred choice.

F. I read that, but a bully, shy Pawniard with those sharp hands, could be a bit dangerous(I'm not being completely serious). I honestly would have no beef with Cilan getting a Pawniard, assuming it wouldn't be bad, but I guess my biggest beef would be with it being a Shiny. I just hope if he gets it, that it wouldn't be a shiny one. It might be a bit petty, but I guess that's just my preferred choice for it to not be shiny.

Though, I guess it just comes down to different opinions.

Edit: If Heatmor and Pawniard would be used, what would Pansage, Dwebble and Stunfisk do?

Last edited:

De HotShot Mon

Smack Down time
A. When has Ash not let a bad experience of a Pokemon purposely almost killing him, not stopped him from catching that Pokemon. True, not all Pokemon are like that, but when the Litwick pretended to be nice at first, how can Ash trust them, especially when it's usually what Lampent/Litwick do.

B. Sekimoto was a COTD like Bianca's Dad probably will be, so why does that matter? And Tranquill are common bird Pokemon, like Pidove. Apart from Trip and Ash owning one, there's only 2 other people having one, along with a flock of one in one episode, which would be better than a flock of Pidove in my opinion, or say Swoobat again. And Just because two other minor characters owned one, isn't a reason for Ash not to get it. That's like saying Ash shouldn't have gotten Gible because Khoury got one, yet Ash got it.

C. I wouldn't be annoyed if Ash got another flying type, but I'm saying that wanting Ash to get a Sigilyph because it adds a psychic type and because it adds another flying type, isn't much of a reason and I'm not trying to be rude.

D. It was a bit of a joke on my part, but it just seems that Cilan could do those things himself and for it to happen one time when they don't have any equipment, which would seem a bit weird, doesn't seem like much a reason either for Heatmor and Pawniard to be captured for them to be used for those things rarely.

E. Well you said it's be powerful and stupid like Misty's Psyduck and since Psyduck wasn't that smart in general, it probably wouldn't be the best idea for it to light things for Cilan. I'll admit, whilst that would be humorous to see a forgetful Heatmor, all these characteristics could be found in a Larvesta, but I guess that just comes down to your preferred choice.

F. I read that, but a bully, shy Pawniard with those sharp hands, could be a bit dangerous(I'm not being completely serious). I honestly would have no beef with Cilan getting a Pawniard, assuming it wouldn't be bad, but I guess my biggest beef would be with it being a Shiny. I just hope if he gets it, that it wouldn't be a shiny one. It might be a bit petty, but I guess that's just my preferred choice for it to not be shiny.

Though, I guess it just comes down to different opinions.

Edit: If Heatmor and Pawniard would be used, what would Pansage, Dwebble and Stunfisk do?

I can't really say much against your points. Well, maybe one or two.

A. Well, Ash did try to capture the Fearow (formerly Spearow) that he angered and which nearly killed him at the start of the show. But, I guess that isn't much of a counter argument.

B. Yeah, I think I probably overreacted on that point. I'm sorry.

C. Yeah, I guess you're right.

D. Once more, I guess you're right.

E. Again, you're right. I don't mind either Heatmor or Larvesta, in fact, I would prefer Larvesta, but I'm sort of being careful in case Luke ever shows up again (something I don't particularly want to happen).

F. Well, the main reason I though Pawniard would be shiny was to differentiate it from Langley's Pawniard (eventual Bisharp). Looking back on it, it does seem a bit pointless.

I think maybe I was taking my own speculation a bit too seriously. I'm sorry. No hard feelings?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
i like this but except Lampent i'd rather see Ash with a shiny Pansear.
I would like to see Ash get Pansear, but people say it'll steal the spotlight from Pansage. I don't know how, it's just like all the starters being owned and if Pansear isn't in every episode he wouldn't be.

playerking

I can't really say much against your points. Well, maybe one or two.

A. Well, Ash did try to capture the Fearow (formerly Spearow) that he angered and which nearly killed him at the start of the show. But, I guess that isn't much of a counter argument.

B. Yeah, I think I probably overreacted on that point. I'm sorry.

C. Yeah, I guess you're right.

D. Once more, I guess you're right.

E. Again, you're right. I don't mind either Heatmor or Larvesta, in fact, I would prefer Larvesta, but I'm sort of being careful in case Luke ever shows up again (something I don't particularly want to happen).

F. Well, the main reason I though Pawniard would be shiny was to differentiate it from Langley's Pawniard (eventual Bisharp). Looking back on it, it does seem a bit pointless.

I think maybe I was taking my own speculation a bit too seriously. I'm sorry. No hard feelings?

It's fine, no hard feelings.

Anyway, if Iris does get a Gothorita, I really hope she doesn't get Deino, because this is really raining on my parade of what I want Iris to get. Though, Iris could get a reserve, but I doubt it.

I guess I'd be fine with this final team.

Haxorus
Excadrill
Emolga
Gothitelle
Deino
Petilil

And Rufflet/Blitzle as a Reserve. But, the order out of the Pokemon I want for Iris is up in the air, I'll decide another day.

Zariful

The whole Litwick race doesn't seem evil that's probably just a evil pack

Ingo's Chandelure Listened to him with no question when it could of just stole it's trainers soul

Lampent listened to Tripp with no question when it could of stole it's trainer soul

this is what i wanna see happen
Maybe Ash see's a weakened Litwick And Knowing Ash he immediately takes it too the pokemon center but this is part of Litwicks plan to take Ash's soul to it's family. Ash gives it pokemon food and promises to take it home and then after attacked by a flock of IDk larvesta and ash sends out Tranquill . Oshawott , Palpitoad , and Roggenrola or something to save Litwick . Litwick is warmed by this and tries to stop ash from taking it back But ash goes anyway and just as Ash's soul is being taken Litwick rebels against it's former family stating Ash and the crew is it's new family the former family attacks it but Ash sends out his team to fend off Litwick and with their combined forces the Former Pack is defeated and Ash catches it
what do u people think

Zoruagible

Ingo's Chandelure Listened to him with no question when it could of just stole it's trainers soul

Lampent listened to Tripp with no question when it could of stole it's trainer soul

this is what i wanna see happen
Maybe Ash see's a weakened Litwick And Knowing Ash he immediately takes it too the pokemon center but this is part of Litwicks plan to take Ash's soul to it's family. Ash gives it pokemon food and promises to take it home and then after attacked by a flock of IDk larvesta and ash sends out Tranquill . Oshawott , Palpitoad , and Roggenrola or something to save Litwick . Litwick is warmed by this and tries to stop ash from taking it back But ash goes anyway and just as Ash's soul is being taken Litwick rebels against it's former family stating Ash and the crew is it's new family the former family attacks it but Ash sends out his team to fend off Litwick and with their combined forces the Former Pack is defeated and Ash catches it
what do u people think
I think that sounds okay, and not to scary for the kids.

I think Iris will catch that Gothita in the upcoming episode.

playerking

No, they usually are evil, considering their Pokedex entries and the ones shown in BW029. Maybe Trip and Ingo have them trainer, who knows. But even if a Litwick acts nice or such, I don't think Ash would befriend and trust a Litwick after what they did to him. Although, this is Ash and he still trusted Meowth, but it was pretty convincing. Regardless, Ash doesn't need another Pokemon similar to Trip's.

After seeing the 3 minute preview for the upcoming episodes, I really hope Iris gets Gothita.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate

can't steal what isn't there~

I'm not a fan of Iris and Cilan getting 6 Pokemon each.

theres 156 Unova Pokemon, and a handful of battleing rivals, I'd rather them have the Pokemon than having to see 2 Heatmor, one with Cilan and another with El Dragoon Buster Langley.

both of them getting 6 means theres 12 pokemon that will be getting either no good battle shots (like how no other trainers seem to have pansages) and the other pokemon will not get proper screentime, and we already have that isshu in Unova as is.

SlimKennedy

No, they usually are evil, considering their Pokedex entries and the ones shown in BW029. Maybe Trip and Ingo have them trainer, who knows. But even if a Litwick acts nice or such, I don't think Ash would befriend and trust a Litwick after what they did to him. Although, this is Ash and he still trusted Meowth, but it was pretty convincing. Regardless, Ash doesn't need another Pokemon similar to Trip's.

After seeing the 3 minute preview for the upcoming episodes, I really hope Iris gets Gothita.

Meowth has been pulling that kind of thing on Ash for years, yet Ash was still willing to trust him when he thought it had been fired from TR. Granted, it turned out to be another scam, but the point is that he was still willing to give it a second chance.

As far as the arguemnt that it would give him another pokemon in common with Paul, lets review.

1)Throughout the series, Gary had (I think) 17 pokemon revealed, counting only the final forms in which they were seen. He had 2 pokemon families in common with Ash. (Squirtle/Krabby) That's only one less then Ash and Trip would have in common if Ash were to get Litwick/Lampent. And one could probably assume that there were more that were unseen, as it was stated that he had seen over 100 different pokemon species, and captured over 200 pokemon total.

2)If you don't count his Chimchar (which actually became Ash's), Paul had 3 pokemon in common with Ash: Torterra, Gliscor & Starly. (Starly still counts as an official pokemon for Paul even if it was released.) You could even argue that he had one more evolutionary line in common with Ash as Glalie/Froslass both evolve from Snorunt.

3)Every one of Ritchie's pokemon (with the possible acception of Cruz, as Ash never officially owned Larvitar) had been owned by Ash at some point. (Charmander/Charmeleon, Pikachu, Butterfree, Taillow.) You can argue that Ritchie wasn't really a rival, but officially he is listed as such.

4)Asside from Paul, 2 of Ash's rivals in Sinnoh also had pokemon in common with Ash. Conway/Heracross, and Barry/Staraptor,Heracross.

All-in-all, having 3 pokemon in common would by no means be out of the question. Especially considering there's no guarantee that we will actually be seeing the other two again. Sure, some people (myself included) have speculated that Ash/Trip's Unfesants will be used to demonstrate gender differences, but there's really no proof of that. Trip could just as easily replace his with a Braviary, or Sigilyph, or any other flying pokemon. Assuming of course that he even feels he needs a flying-type. Likewise, he could just as easily replace his Lampent with some other pokemon.

There's no guarantee we'll actually see either of them again. And even if we do, there's no guarantee it would have further appearances afterword. Even if they do, the writers can easily write personalities to differentiate Ash's from Trip's.

Zoruagible

Ash:

Iris:

Cilan:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Cilan with the awesomeness of Combusken? Blasphemy!

If anyone, the chicken should be with Ash.. i've always wanted to see that :(

Zoruagible

Cilan with the awesomeness of Combusken? Blasphemy!

If anyone, the chicken should be with Ash.. i've always wanted to see that :(
I'd like Ash to get both Combusken, and Marshtomp but I think he'll just get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.